Veteran

Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="bansaw"]We're on a mission from God
    [/quote]?

i've counted 8 ex bluejays in playoffs this year all in NL. [/quote]

Blues Brothers reference

yeah sucks how the Jays and Pirates are EVERYONE's farm systems...
    [/quote]Actually baseball as a whole sucks. Until they can figure out how to get some sort of competitive balance it isn't worth watching.

[quote user="jmike"][quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="bansaw"]We're on a mission from God
    [/quote]?

Blues Brothers reference

[/quote]Actually baseball as a whole sucks. Until they can figure out how to get some sort of competitive balance it isn't worth watching.
    [/quote]

everyone's entitled to their opinion.

and yes I know, once you were a Yankees fan.

Would I like more parity? In some ways yes, because I am so sick of the Yankee hate...really sick of it.

It's like people want you to feel like you either a bandwagon fan or poser if you rock pinstriped jersies or ballcaps etc.

I'm so sick of it.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Veteran

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="jmike"][quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="bansaw"]We're on a mission from God
    [/quote]?

Blues Brothers reference

[/quote]

everyone's entitled to their opinion.

and yes I know, once you were a Yankees fan.

Would I like more parity? In some ways yes, because I am so sick of the Yankee hate...really sick of it.

It's like people want you to feel like you either a bandwagon fan or poser if you rock pinstriped jersies or ballcaps etc.

I'm so sick of it.
    [/quote]I got sick of them sucking the fun out of winning. There is no true joy in winning something you are supposed to win. And I am sick of that sleazeball they call a captain.

Jeets?

oh no you didn't.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Veteran

Oh yes I did.

The guy is scum. He has a very well cultivated public image, but trust me, complete sleaze. At some point after he retires we will hear all about it.

All-Pro

[quote user="jmike"]Oh yes I did.

The guy is scum.* He has a very well cultivated public image, but trust me, complete sleaze.* At some point after he retires we will hear all about it.
    [/quote]oMG .... I love you JMike lol

Veteran

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="jmike"]Oh yes I did.

The guy is scum. He has a very well cultivated public image, but trust me, complete sleaze. At some point after he retires we will hear all about it.
    [/quote]oMG .... I love you JMike lol[/quote]But seriously, you can just tell with this guy there are some very subtle cracks in his facade that for now are being ignored. Let's look at them a moment shall we?

He is a well (albeit quietly) documented man *****. With the number of women he has all over this country, unless he is shooting blanks, sheer percentages state that there is a kid or two out there being covered up, probably with large cash gifts. Kinda like the life on other planets, way too many planets out there for it not to be SOMEPLACE.

In the locker room we are told he is some sort of DiMaggioesque presence in there, but as a captain I see him throwing his teamates (specifically A-Rod) under the bus. Captains don't do that.

Look at those spectacular plays he makes from time to time, aren't they amazing! Puts his body on the line for his team! (insert eye roll) If he is capable of these great plays then why is he average to worse most of the time defensively? His ego is such that A-Rod a better hitter and defensive player had to switch positions, way to take one for the team Cap't. Those plays too are self serving not for the team, he gets praise and adulation for it and that is what he desires one more piece to the legend of Derek Jeter. How 'bout you show that range during every play, not just when it will help your image.

At some point he will screw the wrong woman (literally) or piss off the wrong reporter (maybe both at the same time) and his kingdom will come crashing down around him....just wait for it.

All-Pro

Lol.. jeets has a little 'tiger' in him. Although I agree with just about everything I would disagree with his defensive play.. His range sucks for ss but if he can get to it he'll make the play.

lowest turnout ever for a Provincial election....first time under 50% lol...47% tbh

at least it wasnt Hudak...thank god it wasnt Hudak

Leafs 1-0...plan the parade time ???

I love me some Jeters

ARod on the other hand....what a ****** bag of a player he is