Veteran

Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="bansaw"]increased profits....are you ****ing serious?

yes that extended growing season will do wonders with the droughts we are seeing...
    we didnt even get snow this year...ground will be so dry, I'd hate to be a farmer these days...no wonder most are selling their lands for subdivisions and golf courses

but no nothing is happening at all....i look forward to longer drier summers ... and the inevitable war for our fresh water in 10 years
    [/quote]Most of the problems with agriculture right now is the soil. It has been severely depleted of nutrients because of overuse and not "global warming". The farmers don't take care of their soil and it has lead to less nutritious food being grown. Warming tempurates would expose new land to agriculture that could not have supported it before, land that hasn't been depleted of it's nutrients. Longer growing season, more nutrient soil, more overall acreage for growth, yes I am serious.

And no before you go off half ****ed, maybe you should pay attention a bit. I did not say were weren't damaging our environment with the emissions and pollution and all the things the industrialized world has done to rape our resources. I just don't fall into the "global warming" que of propaganda. I don't have a t-shirt and a sign and spew whatever somebody puts on a pretty power point to tell us how we should stop burning our fossil fuels as he takes his private jet around the world. He should take a blimp it would stay afloat with his own hot air. The people who still claim global warming are the ones with their head in the sand.

Frankly the concept of CO2 emissions causing global warming is ludicrous. Assume for a second that it was an efficient greenhouse gas (which it isn't, water vapor has more warming effects than CO2 for pete's sake), even if you tripled the normal amount of CO2 in the atmosphere it still would be too little to have any effect on the globe warming. Reality is the population of china's body heat does significantly more to warm the globe than CO2. But you don't see people saying "stop reproducing you are causing the world to warm."

But yes we need to stop destroying our ecosystems. We need to all act locally because it is the only level you can have an effect. Our "environment" is a collection of many ecosystems in a tenuous balance, if you try to solve the world you will fail because each system needs a different approach.

Oh and btw, I don't drive and I don't take public transportation, I walk, so my "carbon footprint" by comparison to the average beater driving "environmentalist" that preaches up and down my neighborhood, is quite small.

wtfdik

All-Pro

with a thrashing of the NY Yankees yesterday, my Jays are now 20-4 and still rollin[]</P>

All-Pro

http://www.livescience.com/1621-herp...ral-reefs.html

How exactly does a reef get a std, uhh scratch that I don't want to know..

Although if you happen to pick up herpes from 2 dollar hooker in the Caribbean next time you are there.. Just tell the wife you swam to close to the reefs.. Should work no?

All-Pro

[quote user="jmike"][quote user="bansaw"]>[/quote]well I don't drive r>[/quote]and the state of PA thanks you..
    Mr 105 I need a hot chick car crash pic please.

[quote user="bandwgn86"]http://www.livescience.com/1621-herp...ral-reefs.html

Although if you happen to pick up herpes from 2 dollar hooker in the Caribbean next time you are there.. Just tell the wife you swam to close to the reefs.. Should work no?[/quote]
    You just spent a bundle getting to your beautiful Island in the Caribbean... and you're hanging in the two dollar district? You deserve what you get. And then be so weak as to blame it on a lowly reef? Shame on you Bandy!!

Veteran

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="jmike"][quote user="bansaw"]&gt;[/quote]well I don't drive r&gt;[/quote]and the state of PA thanks you..
    Mr 105 I need a hot chick car crash pic please.[/quote]bite me

Veteran

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="bandwgn86"]http://www.livescience.com/1621-herp...ral-reefs.html

Although if you happen to pick up herpes from 2 dollar hooker in the Caribbean next time you are there.. Just tell the wife you swam to close to the reefs.. Should work no?[/quote]
    You just spent a bundle getting to your beautiful Island in the Caribbean... and you're hanging in the two dollar district? You deserve what you get. And then be so weak as to blame it on a lowly reef? Shame on you Bandy!![/quote]Don't worry Zim, he couldn't, $2 hookers charge Bandy $10.

[quote user="jmike"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="bandwgn86"]http://www.livescience.com/1621-herp...ral-reefs.html

You just spent a bundle getting to your beautiful Island in the Caribbean... and you're hanging in the two dollar district? You deserve what you get. And then be so weak as to blame it on a lowly reef? Shame on you Bandy!![/quote]Don't worry Zim, he couldn't, $2 hookers charge Bandy $10.
    [/quote]
    ))
    Waiting for Bandy to tell us if he pays$2, or if he has been bilked for the high-priced spread of $10.

All-Pro

[quote user="jmike"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="jmike"][quote user="bansaw"]>[/quote]well I don't drive r>[/quote]and the state of PA thanks you..
    Mr 105 I need a hot chick car crash pic please.[/quote]bite me
    [/quote]grrrrrrr.

All-Pro

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="jmike"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="bandwgn86"]http://www.livescience.com/1621-herp...ral-reefs.html

[/quote]
    ))
    Waiting for Bandy to tell us if he pays$2, or if he has been bilked for the high-priced spread of $10.[/quote]this better not be a poke at me being fat JMike!!!