+ Reply to Thread
Page 5431 of 5517 FirstFirst ... 443149315331538154215429543054315432543354415481 ... LastLast
Results 54,301 to 54,310 of 55162

Re: Asian giant for HC

I don't follow college much anymore, so for every name I only know what others think. Looks to be a normnal, solid draft, but time will tell.
    Hoping Wilson can be, like many think, another Tiki. I expect his play will be limited until he learns the blocking schemes and audibles. TC won't let Manning lose his head because Wilson didn't pick up a blitz assignment. I clearly remember when that nearly happened to Simms with an '81 pick.
    I'm hoping Jurnegin, Hixon, or Randle will step right in and give us a 3rd threat. They can''t double team everyone, and MM was getting more involved when Cruz or Nicks were doubled.
    I thought we'd pick an OL on 1 or 2... but, we've done well in the past with late round OL talent.
    GY76... is Austin's recovery status still unknown? Wasn't that a Pec? They can be slow... Strahan had a pec injury once that took a while to heal.

Sorry Zim, I don't know regarding Austin.

I just think that with Shaun Rogers being signed and the last pick being a DT, albeit a freakish athletic D-Tackle, I would think that JR and Company probably want to get a little insurance in case things don't pan out.

What I hope for is that Austin comes back hungry being that he did nothing to help his Team gain last year's Lombardi.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

We with the addition of Wilson, maybe we will finally see the last of Ward's 1 yard runs. I am betting that they think Brewer may be further along as well as to why we didn't see any picks at tackle early. We have drafted lineman every year and just maybe they will start to mature enough to compete for starting positions. The irony is that Whimper who was a project player now starts down in Jax......

MJG out.

[quote user="mjg407"]We with the addition of Wilson, maybe we will finally see the last of Ward's 1 yard runs.* I am betting that they think Brewer may be further along as well as to why we didn't see any picks at tackle early.* We have drafted lineman every year and just maybe they will start to mature enough to compete for starting positions.* The irony is that Whimper who was a project player now starts down in Jax......

MJG out.
    [/quote]
    I always thought Whimper did a solid job.
    Yes, I hope Brewer projects sooner and better than we anticipate.
    Will Petrus compete for a starting job?
    Like you, I am used to getting OL's every year... at least for solid depth. But, with McKenzie gone there's an opening. For myself, I'm not sold on Baas yet.
    As you know, it takes a while for an OL to learn to work together. We did OK pass blocking last year, but horrible run blocking. I don't know if that's going to get much better, so we'll need guys like AB abd Wilson, to find their hole and give that solid extra effort for every inch... like AB always does, and like Tiki always gave us.
    Jacobs didn't have the vision and foot agility to spot a hole and stop on a dime and cut thru it. And, not enough speed to turn the corner. We need AB types to maximize whatever they are given.

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="mjg407"]We with the addition of Wilson, maybe we will finally see the last of Ward's 1 yard runs.* I am betting that they think Brewer may be further along as well as to why we didn't see any picks at tackle early.* We have drafted lineman every year and just maybe they will start to mature enough to compete for starting positions.* The irony is that Whimper who was a project player now starts down in Jax......

MJG out.
    [/quote]
    I always thought Whimper did a solid job.
    Yes, I hope Brewer projects sooner and better than we anticipate.
    Will Petrus compete for a starting job?
    Like you, I am used to getting OL's every year... at least for solid depth. But, with McKenzie gone there's an opening. For myself, I'm not sold on Baas yet.
    As you know, it takes a while for an OL to learn to work together. We did OK pass blocking last year, but horrible run blocking. I don't know if that's going to get much better, so we'll need guys like AB abd Wilson, to find their hole and give that solid extra effort for every inch... like AB always does, and like Tiki always gave us.
    Jacobs didn't have the vision and foot agility to spot a hole and stop on a dime and cut thru it. And, not enough speed to turn the corner. We need AB types to maximize whatever they are given.[/quote]

I actually feel better about our line than I did before...Beatty at LT, big season for him....David D. at RT...question mark but he had a broken hand last year so if he is healthy, that will be a bonus...If D.D doesnt work out at RT we have some options, move Boothe out there or maybe Brewer comes along and we plug him in there...I love our guards, Snee one of the best in the league, Boothe played very well last year, and we also have petrus to rotate in if need be, and I think he is going to be a stud eventually....Baas was hurt a lot last year but, played very well in the playoffs so he will be better I hope...Beatty is the one that worries me because if he does not pan out, we do not have another option at LT imo.

We also have Sean Locklear as a contingency now to back up the line. What happened to Koets? I don't see him on the roster anymore.

[quote user="mjg407"]We also have Sean Locklear as a contingency now to back up the line.* What happened to Koets?** I don't see him on the roster anymore.*
    [/quote]

thats rite..forgot about locklear...we def have some depth imo....Koets was cut last year...was put on IR then just flat out cut I believe...I liked him thought he was our center of the furture.

the yankees scored 3 ****in runs in a three game series with the orioles...Fire everyone

All-Pro

scary factoid of the day...

if you listen to Nickleback backwards you will hear the devil speaking
    BUT what is even worse than that is if you play it normally you hear Nickleback..

All-Pro

[quote user="allentown PA"]the yankees scored 3 ****in runs in a three game series with the orioles...Fire everyone[/quote]is Baltimore legit or what?