+ Reply to Thread
Page 5456 of 5517 FirstFirst ... 445649565356540654465454545554565457545854665506 ... LastLast
Results 54,551 to 54,560 of 55162

Thread: Asian giant for HC

  1. #54551
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    17,185
    am i the only one (minus Seattle fans) that think that was a good call re the catch?

    both went up in the air for the ball, technically you have to 2 feet down for possesion, by the time they land both players have the ball. and tie goes to runner, yes?

    now the blown push off by Tate. thats a different story.

  2. #54552
    Quote Originally Posted by bandwgn86 View Post
    am i the only one (minus Seattle fans) that think that was a good call re the catch?

    both went up in the air for the ball, technically you have to 2 feet down for possesion, by the time they land both players have the ball. and tie goes to runner, yes?

    now the blown push off by Tate. thats a different story.
    But, Jennings had it with both hands, clutched to his chest. And, he was the original intercepter. Tate never got more than his right hand pressing the ball against jennings chest, because Tate was underneath Jennings. Tate's hand was the only part of his body in contact with the ball. Jennings had both hands/arms, and the ball was clutched to his chest.
    Doesn't seem like joint possession to me..

  3. #54553
    Quote Originally Posted by zimonami View Post
    But, Jennings had it with both hands, clutched to his chest. And, he was the original intercepter. Tate never got more than his right hand pressing the ball against jennings chest, because Tate was underneath Jennings. Tate's hand was the only part of his body in contact with the ball. Jennings had both hands/arms, and the ball was clutched to his chest.
    Doesn't seem like joint possession to me..
    Last I heard it's still a TD and still a win for the Seahawks, time to move on Packer fans, you still aren't over the Giant game from last year, better get focused or you're in for a long season.
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

  4. #54554
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    17,185
    Quote Originally Posted by zimonami View Post
    But, Jennings had it with both hands, clutched to his chest. And, he was the original intercepter. Tate never got more than his right hand pressing the ball against jennings chest, because Tate was underneath Jennings. Tate's hand was the only part of his body in contact with the ball. Jennings had both hands/arms, and the ball was clutched to his chest.
    Doesn't seem like joint possession to me..
    i'll have to look at vid again..

    it looked like they both had hands around ball when they landed.. what happens in the air is not really relevant since possesion starts (or doesnt) as soon as there is contact w/ground.

    its an interesting question.. is 2 hands > better than 1.. we've seen one handed catches all the time.. if Tate had one had and Jennings had 2 on the ball at same time.. is this no longer a catch for tate

  5. #54555
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,401
    bump up for the thread !! how is everybody doing !! gonna be in NJ next week for the Cleveland game meeting up with thee threaders....excited !

  6. #54556
    Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    bump up for the thread !! how is everybody doing !! gonna be in NJ next week for the Cleveland game meeting up with thee threaders....excited !
    Enjoy, byron, and be safe in the crazy congested metro area.
    Last time we played them at home I was there and we lost.
    Bring us good Karma.

  7. #54557
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    17,185
    well that sucked.

    almost the perfect weekend

    TiCats win Friday
    had a great round of golf Saturday
    watched the Euros make a come back at the Ryder cup on Sunday..ole ole oleoleole ole ole

    than Sunday night happened..

    so everyone happy to get the regular officials back LOL

  8. #54558
    All-Pro giantyankee1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    OUT of MARKET
    Posts
    14,930
    heart-wrenching...then you add in this online virtual madhouse with the "real" fans and uber-knowledgeable...


    NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

  9. #54559
    Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    heart-wrenching...then you add in this online virtual madhouse with the "real" fans and uber-knowledgeable...
    ho hum. Anything new?
    I haven't opened a single new thread since the game. Among the chaos there are also those posters who feel compelled to issue a new thread warning against over-reaction.
    Liberals and conservatives everywhere we turn...lol
    I will not be opening that Pandora's box.
    Horrible ending. Defeat snatched from the hands of victory.
    Poorly used clock.
    Barden will know better next time. That doesn't happen with Nicks in the game.
    Then again... Eli's pick was another game changer.
    Enough blame to go around. Learn from it.
    They outcoached us with better changes at half-time... specifically on offensive line blocking schemes, to allow our
    ends to take the inside route to the QB, and give up outside contain. Can you say, "Burned".
    So, we'll do better when we have them at home. Right?
    Other than that, like is glorious.

    And, OHH... Bandy... Only you enjoyed that Ryder Cup. Althoug it is the one big event where you want to win so bad, but you don't hate your opponent.
    You had to give it to the Euro's... Birdies on 17 and 18 from three of them to snatch victory from the hands of defeat.

  10. #54560
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    17,185
    Quote Originally Posted by zimonami View Post
    ho hum. Anything new?
    I haven't opened a single new thread since the game. Among the chaos there are also those posters who feel compelled to issue a new thread warning against over-reaction.
    Liberals and conservatives everywhere we turn...lol
    I will not be opening that Pandora's box.
    Horrible ending. Defeat snatched from the hands of victory.
    Poorly used clock.
    Barden will know better next time. That doesn't happen with Nicks in the game.
    Then again... Eli's pick was another game changer.
    Enough blame to go around. Learn from it.
    They outcoached us with better changes at half-time... specifically on offensive line blocking schemes, to allow our
    ends to take the inside route to the QB, and give up outside contain. Can you say, "Burned".
    So, we'll do better when we have them at home. Right?
    Other than that, like is glorious.

    And, OHH... Bandy... Only you enjoyed that Ryder Cup. Althoug it is the one big event where you want to win so bad, but you don't hate your opponent.
    You had to give it to the Euro's... Birdies on 17 and 18 from three of them to snatch victory from the hands of defeat.
    have to cheer on the Euro's, when/if there is a Canucklehead (WTF has happened to Mike Wier?) on a PC team they put them with the Euro's.. Ryder Cup/Presidents Cup are my favourite events on teh PGA tour. some fantastic golf played on sunday!
    Last edited by bandwgn86; 10-01-2012 at 04:23 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts