+ Reply to Thread
Page 5479 of 5518 FirstFirst ... 44794979537954295469547754785479548054815489 ... LastLast
Results 54,781 to 54,790 of 55172
    Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    Hell just get to the 2nd round of playoffs for starters...I am timid to say the best in the east, but thrashing the cHeat twice now feels good.

Still there's Beantown and yes BK, though I'm happy for the Borough overall !

edit:

Youk in Pinstripes? I mean I warmed up to Johnny Damon but I hate, hate, hate Youkilis despite he and I sharing the same first name
    dont want Youk..wish we would have unloaded the Killer B's for king Felix last year..Seattle wanted them included in the deal but Cashman said they were off the table...Both prospects had bad years, one got hurt and the other was demoted to single A...trust the players we have to be good in the regular season but I'm not a fan of Girardi and I know for sure you can't stand him lol. However I just wish we would have picked up or made a move for James Shields....As for the knicks, I hope they can keep up the 3-point shooting but this team is going to get home court in the first round and when was the last time that happened...Im glad basketball is back in NY

Quote Originally Posted by alentown pa View Post
    dont want Youk..wish we would have unloaded the Killer B's for king Felix last year..Seattle wanted them included in the deal but Cashman said they were off the table...Both prospects had bad years, one got hurt and the other was demoted to single A...trust the players we have to be good in the regular season but I'm not a fan of Girardi and I know for sure you can't stand him lol. However I just wish we would have picked up or made a move for James Shields....As for the knicks, I hope they can keep up the 3-point shooting but this team is going to get home court in the first round and when was the last time that happened...Im glad basketball is back in NY
    co-sign

on it all brother.

(though I want to see us get Big in the paint and more balanced overall- NYK)

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    lol you're nuts.

go to Best Buy or Abt and get that 40" or more post haste
    its not even funny anymore.

i was out for most of the NY NO game.. as i was driving back i hear it was 35-10 in the 3rd so i flipped it on figuring we couldnt lose and what happens.. Saints score. Manning throws a pick and Saints score again.. ****ing TV almost went out the window.. shut if off instead.

hi all, if i dont get back on here Merry Xmas yah bums

Quote Originally Posted by bandwgn86 View Post
    its not even funny anymore.

i was out for most of the NY NO game.. as i was driving back i hear it was 35-10 in the 3rd so i flipped it on figuring we couldnt lose and what happens.. Saints score. Manning throws a pick and Saints score again.. ****ing TV almost went out the window.. shut if off instead.
    hi all, if i dont get back on here Merry Xmas yah bums
    Bandy... Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Years to you.
    I think you have seruious 'jinx' issues. I'm becoming a believer.
    You must immediately become a big fan of whomever our next opponent is.
    Didn't you always want to be a devoted Ravens fan?

screw that, you turn that PoS TV on again and AGfHC group is making a trip up "North..."

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah to my friends ans associates of AGfHC !!!(wellll in advance )

I have to admit, I'm having problems watching the Knicks/Nets game.
    Very first Knicks shot by Felton, about 17-18 feet away, it clanks off the front of the rim and there are 3 Nets there for the rebound. The closest knick was 15-20 ft away. Not one of them rushed to the hoop when the shot went up.
    They still don't play defense correectly in the NBA, and there's almost never any boxing out. In this case, there was no need to box out because no Knick challenged for the board.
    Wake me up when someone starts to play 'Real' defense. like the Knicks I grew up with... DeBuscher, Lucas, Reed, Bradley, Clyde, ... and as recently As Ewing, Oak, et al. The Knicks from both of those eras would have had 3 men crashing the boards on that Felton miss. Today they stand there to see if it will go in, or be rebounded, uncontested, by their opponents.
    I've turned the channel.

totally agree with you about crashing the boards or even attacking the hoop offensively. the outside perimeter shots kill me sometimes. it's like Gilbride calling the deep pass or the Yanks swinging for the fences at every at bat.

but Kidd and Melo showed up, and in major ways.

Knicks win, and I can go to bed happy.

[QUOTE=giantyankee1976;615665]totally agree with you about crashing the boards or even attacking the hoop offensively. the outside perimeter shots kill me sometimes. it's like Gilbride calling the deep pass or the Yanks swinging for the fences at every at bat.

but Kidd and Melo showed up, and in major ways.

Knicks win, and I can go to bed happy.[/QUOTE
    You're right, GY... I'm happy they won. Another testy game. They're no different than the rest of the NBA.
    Too bad the Nets didn't move from Nassau to Brooklyn, instead of that dead end stop at the Meadowlands.

? confused.

they started off in Manhattan (76 and 77) before pushing out to Jersey. Are you saying that from a perspective of fanbase? You're from BK right?

(I'm originally from the Upper Eastside)