+ Reply to Thread
Page 5493 of 5517 FirstFirst ... 44934993539354435483549154925493549454955503 ... LastLast
Results 54,921 to 54,930 of 55162

Thread: Asian giant for HC

  1. #54921
    All-Pro giantyankee1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    OUT of MARKET
    Posts
    15,101
    or the Knicks.

    Yeah over on Red Eye's NYY 2k13 thread most of us feel that age and health will be major factors going into this season along with a tightening of the Wallet per Luxury Tax penalties...

    And I wonder if the Captain co-retires with Mo or does he do it during the upcoming off-season?

    Ergo, the final nail in the coffin to an Era that made my late-teens and early-20s pretty good in the sports arena.


    NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

  2. #54922
    All-Pro mjg407's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    10,969
    Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    or the Knicks.

    Yeah over on Red Eye's NYY 2k13 thread most of us feel that age and health will be major factors going into this season along with a tightening of the Wallet per Luxury Tax penalties...

    And I wonder if the Captain co-retires with Mo or does he do it during the upcoming off-season?

    Ergo, the final nail in the coffin to an Era that made my late-teens and early-20s pretty good in the sports arena.

    wow could hardly find this thread. I think we have done some great FA moves. Can't believe someone gave Rhomo 108mil. Oh well.
    MJG out

  3. #54923
    Quote Originally Posted by mjg407 View Post
    wow could hardly find this thread. I think we have done some great FA moves. Can't believe someone gave Rhomo 108mil. Oh well.
    MJG out
    I don't comment about FA talent and Draft picks until I can see them play some in our system... They seem to be solid pickups, but I still think we're very week on OLine run blocking.
    Yeah, Romo at $108. hahahahahahahahahaha. good for him... good for us.
    good to see ya' mjg... stable for awhile?

  4. #54924
    All-Pro giantyankee1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    OUT of MARKET
    Posts
    15,101
    Re: Yankees

    I'm thinking the Captain hangs up the Glove after this Season too.

    it may be the 80s all over again...


    NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

  5. #54925
    Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    Re: Yankees

    I'm thinking the Captain hangs up the Glove after this Season too.

    it may be the 80s all over again...
    I'm not a Yankee fan, but I've seen his career, year after year, and for as long as it has lasted, It's hard to believe the time is coming. Beautiful to watch such a class act in this day and age. No one will fill his shoes for a very long time.

  6. #54926
    All-Pro giantyankee1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    OUT of MARKET
    Posts
    15,101
    I wasn't around but I can't help but to think of DiMaggio or Gehrig.

    (Better buy me another Jeter jersey...soon)


    NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

  7. #54927
    Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    I wasn't around but I can't help but to think of DiMaggio or Gehrig.

    (Better buy me another Jeter jersey...soon)
    He's in that company. Think of the top 10 Yanks of all time... he's in there, and, correct me if I'm wrong, he's the only one that carried the nick, "The Captain".

  8. #54928
    All-Pro giantyankee1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    OUT of MARKET
    Posts
    15,101
    Was too little to remember Thurmon...

    But yeah I think you're right.


    NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

  9. #54929
    Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    Was too little to remember Thurmon...

    But yeah I think you're right.
    Yes, I think Thurmon also carried that name. I'm not talking about just being the captain, but the press calling you that... and I do remember some of them referring to Thurmon as the Captain.
    I think it would be very hard to list the top 10 Yankees of all time, there are so many that are all time greats. IMO the only 2 positions they really are missing a "Great"...
    Who do you put as the all time best Yank at 2nd base? Left Field?

  10. #54930
    All-Pro giantyankee1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    OUT of MARKET
    Posts
    15,101
    ohhhhh

    Billy Martin (before my time)

    Willy Randolph (my young tike/ kid days)

    Chuck Knoblach (oh squinty-eye his self) (sentimental pick)

    Robbie Cano (borderline diva at times)

    Sweet Lou (little tike days)

    Godzilla (another sentimental favorite)

    Posada (sentimental)

    Berra (a real fave of mine, even if before me days)

    And i do like Franky Cervelli, don't know why but have liked him since day one.


    NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts