+ Reply to Thread
Page 5494 of 5517 FirstFirst ... 44944994539454445484549254935494549554965504 ... LastLast
Results 54,931 to 54,940 of 55162

Thread: Asian giant for HC

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    ohhhhh

Billy Martin (before my time)

Willy Randolph (my young tike/ kid days)

Chuck Knoblach (oh squinty-eye his self) (sentimental pick)

Robbie Cano (borderline diva at times)

Sweet Lou (little tike days)

Godzilla (another sentimental favorite)

Posada (sentimental)

Berra (a real fave of mine, even if before me days)

And i do like Franky Cervelli, don't know why but have liked him since day one.
    OK, Willie at 2nd, he played 13 yrs. But, Bobby Richardson has got to be 2nd... he has 12 years and Martin only 7. Richardsons stats are way better than Billies.
    In left, I'll agree with sweet Lou... 11 years as a Yankee... but Dave Winfield had 9 yrs, 200+ HRs and his 9 yrs stats dwarf Lou's 11 yr stats.
    Yogi... yeah he played left, but he's not in the hall for playing left, lol.

Veteran
    i could name atleast 8 yankees that are no brainers for the top ten of all time. 9 and 10 could go to many different players like pettite, ****ey, reggie, red ruffing, lefty gomez. or they could go to the greatest yankee 2nd baseman and the greatest yankee 3rd baseman of all time. cano and arod respectively. although i know alot of yankee fans still despise arod.

1. Babe Ruth ( greatest yankee right fielder of all time)
    2. Lou Gehrig ( greatest yankee first baseman of all time)
    3. Mickey Mantle ( greatest yankee center fielder of all time)
    4. Joe Dimaggio ( think mantle edges him out as best center fielder so he can go in left field. can't leave joe dimaggio out of your all time yankee team)
    5. Derek Jeter ( greatest yankee shortstop of all time)
    6. Yogi Berra (greatest yankee catcher of all time)
    7. Mariano Rivera (greatest yankee reliever of all time)
    8.Whitey Ford ( greatest yankee starter of all time)

Quote Originally Posted by L.T.56 View Post
    i could name atleast 8 yankees that are no brainers for the top ten of all time. 9 and 10 could go to many different players like pettite, ****ey, reggie, red ruffing, lefty gomez. or they could go to the greatest yankee 2nd baseman and the greatest yankee 3rd baseman of all time. cano and arod respectively. although i know alot of yankee fans still despise arod.

1. Babe Ruth ( greatest yankee right fielder of all time)
    2. Lou Gehrig ( greatest yankee first baseman of all time)
    3. Mickey Mantle ( greatest yankee center fielder of all time)
    4. Joe Dimaggio ( think mantle edges him out as best center fielder so he can go in left field. can't leave joe dimaggio out of your all time yankee team)
    5. Derek Jeter ( greatest yankee shortstop of all time)
    6. Yogi Berra (greatest yankee catcher of all time)
    7. Mariano Rivera (greatest yankee reliever of all time)
    8.Whitey Ford ( greatest yankee starter of all time)
    Thanks for joining in here, LT.
    I can't dispute any of these 8. There's a 2nd tier... Bill ****ey, 17 years as Yankee Catcher, and Thurmon has to be in the top 20.
    I'll dispute Reggie. He only played 5 years as a yankeee. As an outfielder, Winfield played 9 years and hit 61 more HRs as a Yankee.
    Ron Guidry is in the top tier of pitchers, along with Ruffing and Gomez.
    Relief pitcher? No one beats Mo... but Sparky and Goose were pretty damned good
    In that next tier you have Phil Rizzuto at short and Craig Nettles at 3rd. The best fielding 3rd baseman I ever saw was between Nettles and Clete Boyer. A-rod couldn't hold their jocks on defense.
    Mel Stottlemeyer was a great pitcher on horrible Yankee teams.
    I'll take Hank Bauer in right before Reggie.
    I wish you had been able to see some of those older Yanks... so many greats

Quote Originally Posted by zimonami View Post
    I don't comment about FA talent and Draft picks until I can see them play some in our system... They seem to be solid pickups, but I still think we're very week on OLine run blocking.
    Yeah, Romo at $108. hahahahahahahahahaha. good for him... good for us.
    good to see ya' mjg... stable for awhile?
    Yeah I got home on the 7th of March and I'm actually home until the first week of June this time! Holy cow, more than 40 days off!

bump...this sucker's doing the page 2 slide again.

what do you (any of you) think can or will be done by Fewell to address the read-option out of DC and potentially Philly?

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    bump...this sucker's doing the page 2 slide again.

what do you (any of you) think can or will be done by Fewell to address the read-option out of DC and potentially Philly?
    Not sure, but my definite fear is that he'll put some "read and react" D in. Name me one great D that was read and react. You need very smart players for that (football smart), and quick to reacy once they identify.
    I'd rather attack and make them react to my attack... and that includes much more blitzing than last year. A blitzer fills a gap and, once past the line, has to decide if he's going to coontinue straiight to the QB, or take a zone cover because the handoff/fake handoff is in progress.
    Back in the day, LT would just have tackled them both.

yeah but being overly aggressive almost alwasy exposes you on the backside.

that's why so many are going to the read-option, like any option if you bite and go for the QB, he can just flip that sucker to the Back last moment and eat the hit...

read-n-react is the worse, I hate that crap.

...also I am really put off by this Cruz saga...doesn't he know he's a slot receiver?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...with-ny-giants

supposedly the Jay-Z connection may mean he stays? Is that the same for Robbie Cano? LOL

(Still smarting over that Knicks- slluB game)

Melo hits that shot in Reg and we're 14 wins and not swept by the Red Cows.

Melo is playing lights out. I hope they keep up this hit streak from 3

Pineapple burgers are not bad at all, lots of flavor, tried them on the grill this past weekend

+ Reply to Thread