+ Reply to Thread
Page 5506 of 5517 FirstFirst ... 45065006540654565496550455055506550755085516 ... LastLast
Results 55,051 to 55,060 of 55168
    Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    ...then we pick up another bum *** LB who sucks in COVERAGE with bad knees ???

WTF
    And, with a hefty contract. Seems to be a desperation move, and an admission that what we have sucks. I'd rather not accumulate baggage. Take a deep breath and use the draft and FA this off season to begin re-tooling. This is a process that can take several years. Bandaids won't help. It takes time to build a good O Line.

Exactly Mr. Zim...crazy at sounds I'd spend the first 3-4 Picks on G's, T's and Backers.

I'd band-aid the 2ndary and Backs

the Lines are the Backbone....and the Balls

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

He lost his starting job in Carolina to chase Blackburn

Quote Originally Posted by zimonami View Post
    And, with a hefty contract. Seems to be a desperation move, and an admission that what we have sucks. I'd rather not accumulate baggage. Take a deep breath and use the draft and FA this off season to begin re-tooling. This is a process that can take several years. Bandaids won't help. It takes time to build a good O Line.
    I've always respected ur opinion but I never agreed with you when u would say we need to start addressing our linebacker issues because we won with average ones. But ur rite this is and has been a major concern and needs to be addressed

putting aside the "heritage" of NYG LBs, the fact is since Pierce, Mitchell and a "healthier" Boley left we've been struggling on the 2nd level of defense.

I like Paysinger, I like his motor. I like Jaquan, when healthy. But, we need athleticism in the corps.

When we passed on Burfict(?) I was like this goody-goody ****'s gonna kill us.

Still before we grab a LB, I want to see commitment to re-building the Offensive Line. Maulers really, failing that just big strong men who can maintain something like a pocket.

I think the d is sad, but the O is pathetic. Unable to sustain a drive, unable to run, Eli's got more picks than TDs (Does he have more sacks than TDs?). We have relied on the front 4 to make up for the shortcomings of the middle three, and have been able to win 2 SB without any burners in the middle. Although it looks like let Chase go was a mistake. JR's judgement on who to keep and who to let go seems normally to work (Bradshaw's career may be over, and I haven't heard of anyone else we let go making any kind of major impact). What happened to the short pass? It seems that Killdrive keeps going for the jugular on every play. Against the Kelly Offense, if this O doesn't sustain a drive, we will get buried.

we are what we are.

Eli has regressed, badly.

the O-Line is garbage. I like Coughlin, but it is time. If not him, his coordinators must go. Someone has to go.

Nassib as a Pick turns out to be something of a smart move...

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    we are what we are.

Eli has regressed, badly.

the O-Line is garbage. I like Coughlin, but it is time. If not him, his coordinators must go. Someone has to go.

Nassib as a Pick turns out to be something of a smart move...
    Every time I come here, you say exactly what I'm thinking.
    I've said for a few years that we need a stud LB. I don't know that Beason is any answer with him having that microfracture surgery. Only difference with him and Phillips is that he's younger, and may be able to keep working hard and get his capabilities back.
    The O line is a several year project. Last year I said it was the worst I could remember going back 40 years. This year it's worse.
    Next draft I'd be happy to see every pick used for the OL and LBs. We need an enforcer to be proud of on both sides of the line.... A rock on O and an animal LB on D. We haven't had a 1st rnd. LB since Banks in '84.Hope Pugh and Beatty will improve, which leaves only 3 other positions to fill. Snee, Baas, Diehl... done. Baas will still be with us, but he never was anything special.
    Lots of work ahead of us. Gilbride and Fewell have to go, which means TC will probably be gone, too, At his age you can't expect him to start fresh with new O and D Coordinators.
    I haven/t been fond of our overall draft impact in the last 3-4 years.
    Team fortunes are cyclical. We're on a downer. Lots of work ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by zimonami View Post
    Every time I come here, you say exactly what I'm thinking.
    I've said for a few years that we need a stud LB. I don't know that Beason is any answer with him having that microfracture surgery. Only difference with him and Phillips is that he's younger, and may be able to keep working hard and get his capabilities back.
    The O line is a several year project. Last year I said it was the worst I could remember going back 40 years. This year it's worse.
    Next draft I'd be happy to see every pick used for the OL and LBs. We need an enforcer to be proud of on both sides of the line.... A rock on O and an animal LB on D. We haven't had a 1st rnd. LB since Banks in '84.Hope Pugh and Beatty will improve, which leaves only 3 other positions to fill. Snee, Baas, Diehl... done. Baas will still be with us, but he never was anything special.
    Lots of work ahead of us. Gilbride and Fewell have to go, which means TC will probably be gone, too, At his age you can't expect him to start fresh with new O and D Coordinators.
    I haven/t been fond of our overall draft impact in the last 3-4 years.
    Team fortunes are cyclical. We're on a downer. Lots of work ahead.
    amen Mr. Zim, amen

All-Pro
    Could be worse? We could be cowgirl fans.

A bad year* with the GMEN is still better than a lifetime of winning SB's as a cowturd fan.

*or 2.