+ Reply to Thread
Page 5507 of 5517 FirstFirst ... 4507500754075457549755055506550755085509 ... LastLast
Results 55,061 to 55,070 of 55170

Thread: Asian giant for HC

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by mjg407 View Post
    I think the d is sad, but the O is pathetic. Unable to sustain a drive, unable to run, Eli's got more picks than TDs (Does he have more sacks than TDs?). We have relied on the front 4 to make up for the shortcomings of the middle three, and have been able to win 2 SB without any burners in the middle. Although it looks like let Chase go was a mistake. JR's judgement on who to keep and who to let go seems normally to work (Bradshaw's career may be over, and I haven't heard of anyone else we let go making any kind of major impact). What happened to the short pass? It seems that Killdrive keeps going for the jugular on every play. Against the Kelly Offense, if this O doesn't sustain a drive, we will get buried.
    hindsight being 20 20 we shouldve traded off some of this talent after the first SB. The hunger goes after the first ring right.

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    we are what we are.

Eli has regressed, badly.

the O-Line is garbage. I like Coughlin, but it is time. If not him, his coordinators must go. Someone has to go.

Nassib as a Pick turns out to be something of a smart move...
    Eli has regressed, which wouldn't be so bad, if he wasn't costing us 100 million. It may be time to throw Nassib in there... see what we got. I dunno. Haven't seen the game, only the stats, which looks like the run game was once again abandoned.

Wow, just when I thought the team might be coming together the D is now falling apart....... it's a rebuilding year for sure.

we have no D, they can't stop, they can't get a 3 and out, they can't create turnovers, they generate zero pressure...

and with a weak, lethargic Offense that rarely scores, these 2 parts of a whole have shamed themselves and to another extent, us the fans...

it's time for b-ball, and that may be just as harsh, as the Nets, Bulls, Pacers and Heat are markedly better than my Knicks. Well, the Bulls and Pacers are kind of a in the same soup as the Knicks BUT where they grind and play gritty Defense, the Knicks try to out-shoot people.

dark years for the old school MYC sports teams.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Nice to see a 100+ yard run game

nice to see the D actually force a few, but clearly not enough, 3 and outs

I shall refer to "him" as 10 until he evens out his TD: INT ratio

brutal ending, defense is Bill Sheridan or Tim Lewis soft; Jacobs went off but to me this isn't to be expected every week especially depending on his health.

the Pick 6 was killer and now is the difference, the Winning Drive pick finished me off and put me into b-ball mode.

(and ironically the Knicks have an Offense but Defensively are lacking...)
    Last edited by giantyankee1976; 10-11-2013 at 06:57 AM.

The other Manning is reminiscent of pre-MVP SB wins. Honestly, if the running back fumbles and gets benched, how many INTs (and bad ones) do you allow before you see what Nassib has got? And now its the time for the mid-season slump?

I'm not excited by Nassib, at all.

Actually I wonder how far behind the curve Demontre is? Being the defense is/ was predicated upon the edge rushers getting to the QB and the unsavory fact that Tuck is old and slow bookended by a less than 100% JPP and above average Kiwi...I just want to see some aggressive energy and speed off the edge.

I am not willing to see the CB or S Blitz gamble fail and a receiver get hit on the Hot Route and torch us.

If we are to see "disciplined" gap-control defensive schemes we NEED speed, a ton of it.

back to 10, Gilbride and Double-R: commo is down, I say again, commo is down

but yes 10, is set in his ways and this must mean forcing the ball, overthrowing it and be just enough off-target to cause most of us diehards emotional fits

I honestly believe this team is an easy fix. They will be between 20 to 30 million under the cap next year and if they get a top 5 pick not only is it a top 5 in the first round they will have early picks in the rest of the rounds. I trust Reece will do very well with the money they can spend they can address a lot of the issues on the oline hopefully. I agree with zim too, we need linebackers. Enough is enough

Quote Originally Posted by alentown pa View Post
    I honestly believe this team is an easy fix. They will be between 20 to 30 million under the cap next year and if they get a top 5 pick not only is it a top 5 in the first round they will have early picks in the rest of the rounds. I trust Reece will do very well with the money they can spend they can address a lot of the issues on the oline hopefully. I agree with zim too, we need linebackers. Enough is enough
    I want OL first but LB is 1B to OL being 1A

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    I'm not excited by Nassib, at all.

Actually I wonder how far behind the curve Demontre is? Being the defense is/ was predicated upon the edge rushers getting to the QB and the unsavory fact that Tuck is old and slow bookended by a less than 100% JPP and above average Kiwi...I just want to see some aggressive energy and speed off the edge.

I am not willing to see the CB or S Blitz gamble fail and a receiver get hit on the Hot Route and torch us.

If we are to see "disciplined" gap-control defensive schemes we NEED speed, a ton of it.

back to 10, Gilbride and Double-R: commo is down, I say again, commo is down

but yes 10, is set in his ways and this must mean forcing the ball, overthrowing it and be just enough off-target to cause most of us diehards emotional fits
    Nassib, Eli will play 5 more years and Nassib will never be anything more than a back up due to the fact he will never get any real game time experience.
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

+ Reply to Thread