+ Reply to Thread
Page 5510 of 5518 FirstFirst ... 4510501054105460550055085509551055115512 ... LastLast
Results 55,091 to 55,100 of 55171

Thread: Asian giant for HC

Quote Originally Posted by AsianGiant View Post
    I've mentioned this to my friends and it may not really help. But we have TWO Superbowl championships that to me is a blessing. We have been able to witness in our generation some of the best SB ever and coincidentally twice against the Patriots.

It really does not bother me that the team is not performing at the caliber we are used to. If you ever wanted to see what the mid to late 90's Giants look like with Eli as QB, this is pretty much it.

They may bounce back for the rest of the season or start really well next year, and this will all be a small blip in the radar....
    Couldn't agree more. I say it all the time we are spoiled as giants fans, my generation especially. I'm 32 and the only rough stretch for me was a couple Dave brown years.

I've mentioned this to my friends and it may not really help. But we have TWO Superbowl championships that to me is a blessing. We have been able to witness in our generation some of the best SB ever and coincidentally twice against the Patriots.

It really does not bother me that the team is not performing at the caliber we are used to. If you ever wanted to see what the mid to late 90's Giants look like with Eli as QB, this is pretty much it.

They may bounce back for the rest of the season or start really well next year, and this will all be a small blip in the radar....
    well, while having 2 SB's in a decade is nice, and it is, I rather have 2 SB wins in a decade and a CONSISTENTLY good team that threatens to go to the post-season each Season...

Consistency. Good or Bad so we know without a shadow of doubt what we really have.

and by the way, Beason is like what AP, Healthy Boley, Jesse Armstead was to us....hopefully he stays healthy BUT if wants to stay we may not be able to give him what he wants ($$$)

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    well, while having 2 SB's in a decade is nice, and it is, I rather have 2 SB wins in a decade and a CONSISTENTLY good team that threatens to go to the post-season each Season...

Consistency. Good or Bad so we know without a shadow of doubt what we really have.

and by the way, Beason is like what AP, Healthy Boley, Jesse Armstead was to us....hopefully he stays healthy BUT if wants to stay we may not be able to give him what he wants ($$$)
    I respect your opinion but beason is no armstead and I think other than this year we have always been a threat to go to the playoffs this will be Eli's first losing season as a starter. When he started the entire season since 2005

the "threat" thing is only as good as they remained mathematically relevant...and to me that sucks. I rather see them dominate the East so that the playoff picture is no question.

but the truth is there is now super-parity in the East and really throughout the conference.

Armstead was a reach, I admit it. (B-Short instead???)

I think generally we've always been contenders for the post season. This year would have been an EXCELLENT year to play very well considering the rest of the division is a disaster. We could have easily owned the NFC East.

Who is everyone's adopted team? I'm looking at Denver or Green Bay...

if I had one it would be Pagano's Colts...they look like a throwback Baltimore Colts team.

Gritty, smashmouth, physical team...plus all my in-laws are Hoosiers and by defaut Colts fans. (to be fair a pct. of them are also Bears fans too)

I cannot and will not adopt another NFC team. It's just wrong to me.

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post

I cannot and will not adopt another NFC team. It's just wrong to me.
    It's interesting psychology isn't it?

None of us here would EVER adopt an NFC East team to represent the rest of the NFC. You win your division and move forward, but if you lose, it's just not reasonable to expect your other division opponents and fans to root for you so you can "represent" the NFC East.

Moving even further, it matters or means little to anyone to have an NFC team dominate and win the SB year after year....

Unlike politics when the loser supports and even begins to market/advertise for his once rival!!!!!!!!

I think generally we've always been contenders for the post season. This year would have been an EXCELLENT year to play very well considering the rest of the division is a disaster. We could have easily owned the NFC East.

Who is everyone's adopted team? I'm looking at Denver or Green Bay...
    Agree with GY... hard to pull for another NFC team. I'd agree with Green Bay... I've never disliked them... mayb e because they have always been mostly class.
    In AFC I'M pulling for Denver or KC. It's been a long time since KC was relevant.... and I like showing the Eagles they made a mistake getting rid of Reid.
    Also right... this is the easiest year in memory to walk away with the East... Everyone sucks, and the Cowturds are mediocre.

All-Pro
    I guess for me its... I hate these late season slides we've seen...lack of intensity, some games seemly unprepared , games where it seems like they quit...I'm talking record setting bad games.....I do appreciate what they have given us tho its just hard to watch this years product..... Another thing that bothers me is this staff doesn't seen to adjust well when things aren't working, like change the game plan or something ! But hey I'm pulling for a turn around after the win last week ....lets go Giants two in a row !

Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    I guess for me its... I hate these late season slides we've seen...lack of intensity, some games seemly unprepared , games where it seems like they quit...I'm talking record setting bad games.....I do appreciate what they have given us tho its just hard to watch this years product..... Another thing that bothers me is this staff doesn't seen to adjust well when things aren't working, like change the game plan or something ! But hey I'm pulling for a turn around after the win last week ....lets go Giants two in a row !
    you know if there was one specific "Coughlin Trait" in his tenure. I would look at the lack of adjusting, or more to the point, the seeming unwillingness to change the gameplan a bit more to fit the scheme of what is given versus what is desired.

In other words :

1) Why does Gilbride rely so much on the "home run" TD throw?

2) Why do they THROW on 3rd and shorts way more ofetn than run on them AND

3) Why do they RUN on 2nd and long majority of the time?

I am not even close to being a professional football anything and I SWEAR I can tell if it's a run or a pass...
    we've seemed to run the same offense for what 10 years now?

This is where the first changes need to be made. Time for dinks and dunks on slants and drags and outs with the north-south running to open up the deep ball...

again, I'm not an expert.

+ Reply to Thread