+ Reply to Thread
Page 5511 of 5518 FirstFirst ... 4511501154115461550155095510551155125513 ... LastLast
Results 55,101 to 55,110 of 55172
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    you know if there was one specific "Coughlin Trait" in his tenure. I would look at the lack of adjusting, or more to the point, the seeming unwillingness to change the gameplan a bit more to fit the scheme of what is given versus what is desired.

In other words :

1) Why does Gilbride rely so much on the "home run" TD throw?

2) Why do they THROW on 3rd and shorts way more ofetn than run on them AND

3) Why do they RUN on 2nd and long majority of the time?

I am not even close to being a professional football anything and I SWEAR I can tell if it's a run or a pass...
    we've seemed to run the same offense for what 10 years now?

This is where the first changes need to be made. Time for dinks and dunks on slants and drags and outs with the north-south running to open up the deep ball...

again, I'm not an expert.
    yeah GY same here I'm far from a football expert....I have absolutely no confidence that they will make any half time adjustments to the game plan or otherwise....then there is the players attitude, like get mad or something kick the man in front of you ***....I'm sure I'm wrong on all counts ....but what I see today just doesn't seem like the teams/players of old.....maybe my memory isn't serving me well anymore, but in the old days "before TC and I'm just saying here" I always felt like they would come out in the second half of a bad game and play better, fight to the last second...I just hope they get it fixed no matter what it takes.....you can't fix what you can't see is broke... I'm hoping someone can see....

with Fassel, I always felt like the team was like a bunch of gamblers.
    with Reeves I felt like we were denver bronco transplanted
    with Ray it felt like boy do we suck, which, ironically this is how I feel for this year Team's 2013 campaign

and with Parcells, my inaugural Coach?

I always felt like we were competing, nasty, smashmouth, violent...i loved and miss "those Giants."
    With Coughlin, who I like very much, I feel like we are stubbornly trying to maintain a finesse persona.

I hate finesse, it's too finicky, too "everything" must be just right for me. I wish we had the OLine AND the DLine to simply line up and smash in the opposing lines' faces...

Pagano's Colts? Last year's Ravens? Oh, yeah, they smashmouth.

This year, as I stated above, Pagano's Colts are my adopted team.
    Last edited by giantyankee1976; 10-27-2013 at 10:18 AM.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Anyone perplexed why we didn't try to get into FG range with 1 minute left in the half and a few timeouts?

okay, now me happy

yes we need a LOT of work but this was the eagles.

give Fewell a legit leader at the Backer position and looky looky.

so far on D my studs are: Antrel, Prince, Beason, Paysinger, Jaquan and TT

these guys have heart, imagine if we had speed off the edges !

All-Pro
    Didn't watch for the second week in a row and well we won again. Now I'll keep this up for the rest of the regular season but if they make playoffs I have to watch. Lol

Anyways great weekend for me My Ti Cats clinch a home playoff game and the Giants are rolling..

AND I see AG is back.. Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by bandwgn86 View Post
    Didn't watch for the second week in a row and well we won again. Now I'll keep this up for the rest of the regular season but if they make playoffs I have to watch. Lol

Anyways great weekend for me My Ti Cats clinch a home playoff game and the Giants are rolling..

AND I see AG is back.. Awesome
    This is not new territory, thinking that you are a jynx.. lol. I believe if you had been watching it still would have been 15-7. So, don't punish yourself.

Do you go to the Hamilton games at all? I like Canadian rules.

Quote Originally Posted by AsianGiant View Post
    Anyone perplexed why we didn't try to get into FG range with 1 minute left in the half and a few timeouts?
    My thought was they didn't want to risk an INT at that point... always conservative, but more so because of Eli's 15 in the first 6 games. If we had been losing, I think he would have wanted to get at least 3 on the board... TC is always conservative with a lead, as you know

I did my part and tried my best to watch my sunday ticket via internet. However the internet here is so friggin slow it was painful. I watched via nfl.com gamecast before having to go to bed. 2 wins, better than no wins... my 2 cents.

AG,
    Same here, Denver and Green Bay. Rogers is the hometown hero where I live now, and graduated from the HS that my daughter goes to now.

My third favorite team is whoever plays the 49rs. I hate them, their coach, and their fanbase. Like a bunch of left-wing cowturd fans.... puke.

lol no love for Pagano's smashmouth Colts???

this, this is my AFC team going forward