+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any Professional Opinions on who we'll get in the first round?

I've looked an all I see are opinions, which are fine..but I've never seen us pick someone that the boards have been high on. So Im wondering if there's any professional mock drafts that you guys are sold on. I mean, its obvious the two first rounders are going to said teams. But are their any rumors as to what position we might even be looking at? I have a feel that it'll be defensive, no doubt.

Re: Any Professional Opinions on who we'll get in the first round?

Honestly....the opinions on here are probably more or less accurate than the "professional" opinions.

No one but Reese and his scouts know what we'll do on draft day. That being said, if there is someone who atleast has any idea of the Giants' current news and offseason additions, it's the people on here, so if anyone has any sort of idea, it's probably us.

I doubt people like Brian Billick or Charles Davis are as up to date with our day to day operations as much as we are, I'd be surprised if they had any clue about who Joel Reinders is lol

I think with the signing of Bennett (even for just a year) pretty much eliminates us taking a TE in the first.

They might break the mold and go with RB in the first considering our need at the position.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"]I think with the signing of Bennett (even for just a year) pretty much eliminates us taking a TE in the first.

They might break the mold and go with RB in the first considering our need at the position.[/quote]
    I agree about us not taking a TE in the first round, although I feel like we'll target OL....we'll see though, it's almost impossible to predict what Reese will do with what's left on the board.

I can't wait for this thing

[quote user="egyptian420"]Honestly....the opinions on here are probably more or less accurate than the "professional" opinions.

No one but Reese and his scouts know what we'll do on draft day. That being said, if there is someone who atleast has any idea of the Giants' current news and offseason additions, it's the people on here, so if anyone has any sort of idea, it's probably us.

I doubt people like Brian Billick or Charles Davis are as up to date with our day to day operations as much as we are, I'd be surprised if they had any clue about who Joel Reinders is lol
    [/quote]lol when I saw we picked him up I YouTubed him he's got some Canadian
    trading video. Dude looks like a beast. But on his Canadian football combine video he got owned by just about every guy he faced in the drill.

Veteran

[quote user="egyptian420"]Honestly....the opinions on here are probably more or less accurate than the "professional" opinions.

[/quote]

Exactly lol. The "experts" can't know as much about all 32 teams as we know about our one team.

No idea.

Some people in this board are convinced the giants are very likely to take an offensive tackle early. Chances are, they probably won't

[quote user="egyptian420"][quote user="Kruunch"]I think with the signing of Bennett (even for just a year) pretty much eliminates us taking a TE in the first.

They might break the mold and go with RB in the first considering our need at the position.[/quote]
    I agree about us not taking a TE in the first round, although I feel like we'll target OL....we'll see though, it's almost impossible to predict what Reese will do with what's left on the board.

I can't wait for this thing
    [/quote]

Yeah I would think Oline has to be the predominant favorite for a first round pick.

The problem is that people aren't very high on those guys expected to be available at the end of the first (which is why you're seeing Oline in the second round on a lot of mocks).

I could see (barring a top 25 pick falling to us) picking up one of the following:

1) Mark Barron (SS)
    2) Stephen Hill (WR)
    3) David Wilson (RB)
    4) Kendal Reyes (DT)
    5) Mike Adams (OT)
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Silatolu.

In my professional opinion...I haven't a damn clue who they're going to take. I know who I'd like them to take but when draft time rolls around, teams are going to be trading, wheeling and dealing and chances are players are going to slip further down so...you never know who'll end up being available when the Giants pick .

I have a feeling Giants are going to be pleasantly surprised with who's available at 32...In my expert professional opinion of course