+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Compensatory picks?

What kind of extra picks can we expect to see? Does it depend on the contracts that Cofield,Boss, & smith got or what?

Re: Compensatory picks?

[quote user="myles2424"]What kind of extra picks can we expect to see? Does it depend on the contracts that Cofield,Boss, & smith got or what?[/quote]

There are a lot of factors. But the departing players contract is the biggest measure. The better they performed with their new team can also affect it, especially if they get post season accolates (pro bowl etc) It also depends on the value of the players you signed. Bass is the only substantial signing we had this offseason so I expect we will get a 4th pick and possibly a 7th. But thats just my guess. Its so unpredictable and the forumla they use is a mess.

Bench Player

[quote user="myles2424"]What kind of extra picks can we expect to see? Does it depend on the contracts that Cofield,Boss, & smith got or what?[/quote]

Well Cofield and Burress got decent contracts (is Burress included? He was a FA of the Giants...) and Boss and smith had decent contracts. Cofield and Burress started most games, Smith and Boss played in a lot of games but didn't produce as much.

So by production, contract size, and starts while also using our FA (Baas) I think we get:

4th round comp- for Cofield (Burress's is cancelled out by Baas)
    7th round comp- for Boss
    7th round comp- for Smith

[quote user="BallinNY"][quote user="myles2424"]What kind of extra picks can we expect to see? Does it depend on the contracts that Cofield,Boss, & smith got or what?[/quote]

Well Cofield and Burress got decent contracts (is Burress included? He was a FA of the Giants...) and Boss and smith had decent contracts. Cofield and Burress started most games, Smith and Boss played in a lot of games but didn't produce as much.

So by production, contract size, and starts while also using our FA (Baas) I think we get:

4th round comp- for Cofield (Burress's is cancelled out by Baas)
    7th round comp- for Boss
    7th round comp- for Smith[/quote]

I do not think Burress is included.

He was not signed away from us this year. He was released a couple years ago.

Burress is not included because he was released.

Baas and steve smith cancel out

Would expect perhaps an additional 4th for cofield and a 6th for boss. Maybe a 5th