+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Curtis Lofton?

Curtis Lofton?

With Goff shopping himself and no great MLB prospects in the draft (short of trading up which we never do), what do you guys think about Curtis Lofton coming to the Giants?

Yes it would be expensive ... but it'd lock the position up for 5 years easy and we could possibly waggle enough out of our cap to grab him.

Thoughts?
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Re: Curtis Lofton?

IDK...im kind of holding out hope Hightower falls to us in the Draft. But that could be a pipe dream.

[quote user="Roxersboxers"]IDK...im kind of holding out hope Hightower falls to us in the Draft. But that could be a pipe dream.[/quote]

Vonta Hightower is very possible to fall to us.

However at best, Vonta is a similar player as Curtis Lofton. So why gamble? Just get Lofton no?
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"]With Goff shopping himself and no great MLB prospects in the draft (short of trading up which we never do), what do you guys think about Curtis Lofton coming to the Giants?

Yes it would be expensive ... but it'd lock the position up for 5 years easy and we could possibly waggle enough out of our cap to grab him.

Thoughts?[/quote]Might not be that expensive. Might be able to get someone cheap on a short term deal

Veteran

The guy is a tackle machine and would be an instant upgrade... Imagine Kiwi Lofton and Boley as our LB's with our Dline?

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Kruunch"]With Goff shopping himself and no great MLB prospects in the draft (short of trading up which we never do), what do you guys think about Curtis Lofton coming to the Giants? Yes it would be expensive ... but it'd lock the position up for 5 years easy and we could possibly waggle enough out of our cap to grab him. Thoughts?[/quote]Might not be that expensive. Might be able to get someone cheap on a short term deal[/quote]

thats been the Giants MO for years. They need a solid MLB. Not a stop gap

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Hah, reunite him with Boley

[quote user="GameTime"]

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Kruunch"]With Goff shopping himself and no great MLB prospects in the draft (short of trading up which we never do), what do you guys think about Curtis Lofton coming to the Giants? Yes it would be expensive ... but it'd lock the position up for 5 years easy and we could possibly waggle enough out of our cap to grab him. Thoughts?[/quote]Might not be that expensive. Might be able to get someone cheap on a short term deal[/quote]

thats been the Giants MO for years. They need a solid MLB. Not a stop gap

[/quote]

+1

Just not sure we'd pony up the money for him.

Something tells me we would go back to Chase instead of signing Lofton.

Just a hunch.

Would only POTENTIALLY happen if somehow the LBer market dries up without him getting the big $$ he's looking for. He may take a short-term deal (maybe 1 or 2 years) at a value so that he's got a chance to hit the market again in 2014 when teams have more money to throw around.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!