+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ballard TE of the future or one year wonder??

Who thinks Ballard can be our TE of the future, or is he benefitting from no one really paying attention to him and having a good year because of that. I personally love the guy, but I think after this season if he continues to play well, and teams start game planning to include him, he is NOT our answer long term. Just my opinion. Just dont think he has the athletic ability needed...

Re: Ballard TE of the future or one year wonder??

[quote user="BBlueSince82"]Who thinks Ballard can be our TE of the future, or is he benefitting from no one really paying attention to him and having a good year because of that. I personally love the guy, but I think after this season if he continues to play well, and teams start game planning to include him, he is NOT our answer long term. Just my opinion. Just dont think he has the athletic ability needed...[/quote]

I do, he is a 2nd year player. He is showing great promise for a young player. He'll come into his own

Veteran

Big target, soft hands, tough, runs good routes.

Could careless about "athleticism." He catches almost everything thrown at him and always picks up extra yardage in open space.

I like him.

[quote user="Itlan"]Big target, soft hands, tough, runs good routes.

Could careless about "athleticism." He catches almost everything thrown at him and always picks up extra yardage in open space.

I like him.[/quote]

Oh I LOVE the guy, but I think his slow, slow speed is going to catch up with him. I know in one of the Giants games this year they said he runs like slowest 40 for any TE in the league!!

And he certainly doesn't catch almost EVERYTHING throw at him, he actually tends to make a lot of difficult cayches but drop a lot of easy ones.

I certainly think he will be in the running for our future TE, but whether he will continue to play this way next year, and solidify that spot, we will see. Also need to work on his blocking and his route-running.

Banned

hes a keeper

You guys are forgetting his biggest asset.........his size

The guy is long and huge

No, he's not a household name, but everyone who is playing the Giants knows about him. He's not being ignored. He hasn't played quite as well as he did at the beginning of the year, but he's still pretty good. I'd say he is better than Boss. Plus, he can improve with more experience, especially blocking.

Do not feed the trolls.

He will be a Giant for at least a couple of more years. Eli has so many targets ans that will be to all the receivers advantage. Also in the hopes the Giants get their running game back that will only help the TE position as well.

He is a good solid receiver

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Definitely on board with our TE. Jake is the real deal, He can catch and block.

Depends on who the coach and OC is next year. If they want a seam strecthing TE then he probably wont be the starter

[quote user="BBlueSince82"]Who thinks Ballard can be our TE of the future, or is he benefitting from no one really paying attention to him and having a good year because of that. I personally love the guy, but I think after this season if he continues to play well, and teams start game planning to include him, he is NOT our answer long term. Just my opinion. Just dont think he has the athletic ability needed...[/quote]

He's a servicable Tight End ... no more and no less.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)