+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i like Goff but I am souring on him fast

To see that he is shopping himself around after a season on IR...that being his 2nd season in his short career that he spent entirely on IR. 2010 was his first season where he showed potential and some solid ability...but come on....GOFF! You are not a star yet...Get real! If you leave now your season will end next year poorly with a team like the browns...you are coming off ACL injury and you won't do great in a new system. You will be lucky to get much at all...just sign on the big blue dotted line

Re: i like Goff but I am souring on him fast

[quote user="hungrrrry"]To see that he is shopping himself around after a season on IR...that being his 2nd season in his short career that he spent entirely on IR. 2010 was his first season where he showed potential and some solid ability...but come on....GOFF! You are not a star yet...Get real! If you leave now your season will end next year poorly with a team like the browns...you are coming off ACL injury and you won't do great in a new system. You will be lucky to get much at all...just sign on the big blue dotted line[/quote]

He's a free agent, that's what they do.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

does anyone know if the Giants made Goff an offer, if they did and he refused it then he is being sweet talked by his agent into thinking he's better than he is...

It's his job, remember? I've no problem with players seeking extra cash.

[quote user="JesseJames"]does anyone know if the Giants made Goff an offer, if they did and he refused it then he is being sweet talked by his agent into thinking he's better than he is...[/quote]

Put yourself in Goff's shoes. His agent exists to find the best deal(s) he can for his client. We have no idea if the GIANTS have made an offer or not. So his agent makes the rounds or gets a call from a team or two and he arranges for his client to meet with those teams. What is the problem?

As we've seen written repeatedly, this is a business. We don't even know if the GIANTS want him back do we?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

All-Pro

[quote user="hungrrrry"]To see that he is shopping himself around after a season on IR...that being his 2nd season in his short career that he spent entirely on IR. 2010 was his first season where he showed potential and some solid ability...but come on....GOFF! You are not a star yet...Get real! If you leave now your season will end next year poorly with a team like the browns...you are coming off ACL injury and you won't do great in a new system. You will be lucky to get much at all...just sign on the big blue dotted line[/quote]</P>

Like.... Steve Smith, or any other FA coming off an injury?</P>

He is looking for the best money. The Giants are tightly capped right now and other teams might be able to offer him more money. </P>

If they want to pay more for him, let them. None of the MLB options we currently have are really that far apart talent wise from each other at the moment.

[quote user="hungrrrry"]To see that he is shopping himself around after a season on IR...that being his 2nd season in his short career that he spent entirely on IR. 2010 was his first season where he showed potential and some solid ability...but come on....GOFF! You are not a star yet...Get real! If you leave now your season will end next year poorly with a team like the browns...you are coming off ACL injury and you won't do great in a new system. You will be lucky to get much at all...just sign on the big blue dotted line[/quote]Remember, the NFL is a business. And though I would like to see Goff return to our Giants, he is a FA and has the right to go interview with other teams and listen to what they have to offer. We do NOT know if or what the Giants have offered to Goff. I can't blame the guy for looking out for his best interests.
    “Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

Veteran

[quote user="tonyt830"][quote user="hungrrrry"]To see that he is shopping himself around after a season on IR...that being his 2nd season in his short career that he spent entirely on IR. 2010 was his first season where he showed potential and some solid ability...but come on....GOFF! You are not a star yet...Get real! If you leave now your season will end next year poorly with a team like the browns...you are coming off ACL injury and you won't do great in a new system. You will be lucky to get much at all...just sign on the big blue dotted line[/quote]Remember, the NFL is a business. And though I would like to see Goff return to our Giants, he is a FA and has the right to go interview with other teams and listen to what they have to offer. We do NOT know if or what the Giants have offered to Goff. I can't blame the guy for looking out for his best interests.[/quote]

Learned nothing from steve smith I guess?? Might get a bit more than the G-men will pay, but will he be helped along to ensure a full recovery (if needed), or used up and possibly hurt again by pushing too fast. Money ain't everything when your career is on the line.

I am not unaware that the NFL is a business...I guess if he took his career seriuously and wanted to make an impact then he would remain. Boss and Smith both had more impressive seasons. Smith had a 107 catches a couple seasons ago...that mean alot to teams. Boss had shown improvement each season. Both of those guys left and lost alot of credibility. Boss is still a good blocker and was fortunate to sign on to the Chiefs but these guys are looking like a product of the Giants system. Goff will look the same...sure, he will get a contract that, initially, will look better than what we are offering, but only slightly. I am sure he is being offered his market value minus injury worries or with incentive to get him where he wants to be.

I think I would have to let him walk and plan to sign a best-fit player in FA. I didn't think he would do the same thing as smith and Boss.

I guess I am just starting to get used to the idea he won't be there and I don't trust the young guys yet at MLB.