+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drew Brees

Drew Brees

What impact if any do you think the Sean Payton situation will have on Brees' contract negotiations? Would this make him more likely to leave? Can any <U>good</U> team really afford him at this point?
    No one remembers who came in second.

Re: Drew Brees

What the **** does this have to do with Giants football?

Veteran

Because they pose the only threat to us in the NFC race?

[quote user="GIANTfaninFL"]What the **** does this have to do with Giants football?[/quote]He has this rotten tendency to torch us every time we play the Saints.
    No one remembers who came in second.

[quote user="jomo"]What impact if any do you think the Sean Payton situation will have on Brees' contract negotiations? Would this make him more likely to leave? Can any <u>good</u> team really afford him at this point?[/quote]

Well we do play the Saints this year. Maybe it should be posted somewhere else, but anyway..........I live in metro N.O. and the folks are pi**ed. I don't know how the negotiations will go, but Brees and Payton are joined at the hip. Some overreacting fans are saying "don't even sign him - save the money for next year". It will be interesting.

[quote user="jjj45"]Because they pose the only threat to us in the NFC race?
    [/quote]
    err. what? There are several good teams in the NFC.

I really do not think there is any chance Brees leaves over this for multiple reasons. First off...where else could he go? There are no other legitimate contender options out there. Secondly...yes this is detrimental for them for this year but they will still compete at a high level and yes still have a chance to win. We are also talking long term and his best option for the future is there with the saints. He is also very close with Payton who will return. I just do not see it happening.

Veteran

[quote user="Flip Empty"][quote user="jjj45"]Because they pose the only threat to us in the NFC race?
    [/quote]
    err. what? There are several good teams in the NFC.[/quote]yup i said it. They are the only team in the conference that seems to have our number.

[quote user="jjj45"][quote user="Flip Empty"][quote user="jjj45"]Because they pose the only threat to us in the NFC race?
    [/quote]
    err. what? There are several good teams in the NFC.[/quote]yup i said it. They are the only team in the conference that seems to have our number.
    [/quote] And they constantly kick our arses.

Veteran

[quote user="Rudyy"][quote user="jjj45"][quote user="Flip Empty"][quote user="jjj45"]Because they pose the only threat to us in the NFC race?
    [/quote]
    [/quote] And they constantly kick our arses.[/quote]Maybe cuz we always have to go and play in that dump dome of theirs. I'd like to see them come up to our place a couple of times and we'll see how they like the cold. Let us return the favor of *** kicking.