+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have a question about this NO bounty thing.

Was it mentioned anywhere where the money for these bounties was coming from? This could be a serious case of evading the salary cap and even more seriously tax evasion.

I'm wondering was there anything written or talked about this that I may have missed because I can't believe how this could have not been talked about

Re: I have a question about this NO bounty thing.

Some out of Gregg Williams pockets, some from the players pockets and some pooled together from small player fines.

[quote user="bLuereverie"]Some out of Gregg Williams pockets, some from the players pockets and some pooled together from small player fines.[/quote]

So it is tax evasion. Why hasn't this been talked about? I'm sure people could get into serious trouble fro this.

[quote user="bLuereverie"]Some out of Gregg Williams pockets, some from the players pockets and some pooled together from small player fines.[/quote]

I think the fact that a twice-convicted felon, Mike Ornstein, is reported to have pledged money to the fund carried more weight on the severity of the penalties than has been commented on. He has some sort of association with Payton that got him access to the training facility, the sidelines, etc. I think this is a big deal.

[quote user="michaelkhan3"]Was it mentioned anywhere where the money for these bounties was coming from? This could be a serious case of evading the salary cap and even more seriously tax evasion.

I'm wondering was there anything written or talked about this that I may have missed because I can't believe how this could have not been talked about
    [/quote]It has been mentioned along wiht the salary cap ramifications vs league rules. I haven't heard anything about the tax man.</P>

Money came from players fines plus some players (Vilma) threw in some extra money like $10k plus the D coordinator threw in money.</P>
    No one remembers who came in second.

[quote user="michaelkhan3"][quote user="bLuereverie"]Some out of Gregg Williams pockets, some from the players pockets and some pooled together from small player fines.[/quote]

So it is tax evasion. Why hasn't this been talked about? I'm sure people could get into serious trouble fro this.
    [/quote]

[quote user="chasjay"][quote user="bLuereverie"]Some out of Gregg Williams pockets, some from the players pockets and some pooled together from small player fines.[/quote]

I think the fact that a twice-convicted felon, Mike Ornstein, is reported to have pledged money to the fund carried more weight on the severity of the penalties than has been commented on. He has some sort of association with Payton that got him access to the training facility, the sidelines, etc. I think this is a big deal.
    [/quote]

I think this is a huge deal this Ornstein guy should be back in jail I don't know what the guy is doing out of jail in the first place.

2nd thing The saints evaded the salary cap and should be penalized for that too by loss of cap (but i think this thing is so serious that they should suspend the saints from the nfl for a season).

3rd thing All of the people involved committed a crime against the State of Louisiana and the United States of America and all of its citizens and they should be penalized accordingly by a court of law.

they have emails from outside people players and coachs..they lied what made it worse

[quote user="michaelkhan3"][quote user="bLuereverie"]Some out of Gregg Williams pockets, some from the players pockets and some pooled together from small player fines.[/quote]

[/quote]

It has been talked a bout but it's not a League responsibility to pursue. The IRS "could" look into it if they think it's worth the effort.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

[quote user="michaelkhan3"][quote user="chasjay"][quote user="bLuereverie"]Some out of Gregg Williams pockets, some from the players pockets and some pooled together from small player fines.[/quote]

[/quote]

I think this is a huge deal this Ornstein guy should be back in jail I don't know what the guy is doing out of jail in the first place.

2nd thing The saints evaded the salary cap and should be penalized for that too by loss of cap (but i think this thing is so serious that they should suspend the saints from the nfl for a season).

3rd thing All of the people involved committed a crime against the State of Louisiana and the United States of America and all of its citizens and they should be penalized accordingly by a court of law.
    [/quote]

Yes, I think that the link with Ornstein is the single most sinister aspect - whether Goodell ever acknowledges it or not.