+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Eagles Superbowl Favorites again, lol. Win offseason 3 years in a row!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...bowl-favorites

The Philadelphia Eagles went out and addressed their biggest need via trade by acquiring middle linebacker DeMeco Ryans from the Houston Texans for a fourth round draft pick.</p>

This move instantly makes the Eagles favorites for the Super Bowl from the NFC.</p>

Ryans
    was voted 2006 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year Award after recording
    155 tackles, but it was his two Pro Bowl appearances in 2007 and 2009
    that catapulted him to stardom.</p>

An Achilles injury in 2010 cost
    him the whole second half of that season, but it was his lackluster play
    in 2011 coupled with defensive coordinator Wade Phillips 3-4 scheme that ultimately got the 28-year-old linebacker shipped to Philly.</p>

Eaglesí coach Andy Reid said in a statement obtained by the Philadelphia Inquirer:</p> <blockquote>

DeMeco
    is a proven Pro Bowl linebacker in this league and we're excited to be
    able to plug him into the middle of our defense. He's been the signal
    caller and a leader on a very good Texans defense for the last several
    years. He's a tough, instinctive football player and he'll be a great
    fit for our team.
    </p></blockquote>

Re: Eagles Superbowl Favorites again, lol. Win offseason 3 years in a row!

These kinds of stories couldn't be any better for the Giants.

This has been a great day for Giants football. One of our biggest threats in the NFC basically had their spines broke by Goodell today, the Jets took all of the attention of the NY media away from us, and the Eagles are already drawing a huge target on their backs.

Another year where we'll quietly win the division and quietly make a playoff run is in the making I hope.

yea that's a bunch of nonsense...vegas will tell you very differently

either way, we're not even in the top 5 lol....I love it that way anyways

Yup, standard Bleacher Report article.

Sounds about right.

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

lol "Instantly" huh? Whatever they want to say to justify their bias for the Eagles but uh remember BR

"...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

The Eagles should be pretty good this year.

I mean obviously, DeMeco Ryans is the best linebacker in the league, and by far, the MLB position is the most important position in football. That will get them over the hump. He instantly makes Michael Vick a tougher quarterback.

[quote user="egyptian420"]yea that's a bunch of nonsense...vegas will tell you very differently

either way, we're not even in the top 5 lol....I love it that way anyways
    [/quote]

It's great. Somehow the Giants are perpetual underdogs. It's awesome motivation for this team.

Victor Cruz said on ESPN Live today that ELi was one of the best, if not THE best QB in the league. Wonder if the media will make a big deal out of it, say how Eli is def. not the best, and then Eli proves them wrong this year.

[quote user="Ntegrase96"]The Eagles should be pretty good this year.

I mean obviously, DeMeco Ryans is the best linebacker in the league, and by far, the MLB position is the most important position in football. That will get them over the hump. He instantly makes Michael Vick a tougher quarterback.
    [/quote]

Yeah man, the only reason the Texans were willing to trade him for a 4th is that they are complete idiots. If they weren't so stupid they'd know they just traded away the best player in the game! Gosh! What a bunch of morons, they just handed our rivals the Lombardi!

So it's settled then. The next super bowl will be between the Eagles and Jets... both teams with undeafeated records... ending up in a Philadelphia win, after Vick is declared MVP and a Demigod. The dream team will be hailed as the best team ever, due to their play and touchdown celebrations.... and they won't do a music video called 'we are the dream team', but the rest of the league will unite to celebrate the Eagles in their rendition of 'we are the world... hail to the dream team'. Oh, and the Lombardi trophy will be renamed the Andy Reid trophy, which will be redesigned to reflect his stature.

I can't wait until next season already, and see them fall flat on their face... LOL.

Thebleacherreport seriously just needs to be shut down. I hate that website.