+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bruising RB

Bruising RB

It kind of concerns me a bit that We did let Jacobs go, and havent supplemented that position with another Big, Bruising RB....Yea, i know Jacbos may re-sign at a lower cost, but I kind of was hoping Hillis, Tolbert, or Bush would end up sharing with Bradshaw...well..that has now fallen through...What are we waiting on?

Re: Bruising RB

Don't worry, RBs' are easy to find, especially those of that big bruising type since teams value home run hitters more.

When the market for BJ dries up and he's got no more options, he'll come back for what he offer him.

And if not, don't worry. CHI signed Bush, which means they'll likely release Barber. A bruising back who, unlike BJ, excels in short yardage and is a good pass catcher. In some ways he compliments AB better than BJ did.

All Hail The New York Giants!!

the draft. we can get a good battering ram possibly in the 2nd or 3rd round since this is a so called "passing league" and rb isnt as coveted as it once was. we should get great value when we do pick a back in april.
    Clock makes a fool of history...

All-Pro

[quote user="TrueBlue@NYC"]

Don't worry, RBs' are easy to find, especially those of that big bruising type since teams value home run hitters more.

When the market for BJ dries up and he's got no more options, he'll come back for what he offer him.

And if not, don't worry. CHI signed Bush, which means they'll likely release Barber. A bruising back who, unlike BJ, excels in short yardage and is a good pass catcher. In some ways he compliments AB better than BJ did.

[/quote]

no thanks on Marion the Barbarian ... he's used up ... BJ i would sign to a veteran minimum deal or whatever was our offer to him ... he knows the system is good friends with AB and he has enjoyed being a Giant

I consider Bradshaw a bruiser. He runs hard and breaks plenty of tackles. We all saw what he did to Pool in December. Phenomenal stiff arm. And having a hb with speed like Scott to complement Bradshaw will be a nice change of pace imo.

No more bruising running RB's. The league has changed. They need backs that can run off a 20 yarder without blinking. There is no pop in the backfield. There is no homerun threat that will keep the back 7 on their toes. A screen pass to a speedy back, with decent hands and vision, would add another dimension to the offense.
    “Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”
    ― George Carlin

[quote user="ANON837"]No more bruising running RB's. The league has changed. They need backs that can run off a 20 yarder without blinking. There is no pop in the backfield. There is no homerun threat that will keep the back 7 on their toes. A screen pass to a speedy back, with decent hands and vision, would add another dimension to the offense.[/quote]

That person you are referring to is D'arell Scott. He is a major home run threat and was the fastest back coming out of the draft last yr.

That being said, I would love to draft Doug Martin from Boise St.

Veteran

I don't even get why people think we need a bruising back, or a 3rd down back, or a scat back, etc. How about we just get an elite workhorse back?? Doug Martin, David Wilson, etc....

Bench Player

I'd hope they -- the Bears -- would release Kahlil Bell, imo, very underrated but could be a good back.

Veteran

Why waste money on a FA RB with min 4 years of NFL wear on his body when you can get some young, hungry back for less in the draft?

And this draft's RB class is damn good.

Trent Richardson is a freak (I doubt he goes in the top-10 like many are predicting, but he's a first rounder guaranteed), Doug Martin and Robert Turbin are MJD/Ray Rice-type RB's. Lamar Miller has the best combination of size and speed in the draft

Darell Scott of USF and Devin Meggit (Dave Meggit's son) are bulls.

Oh, and there's nothing saying Jacobs won't be back.