+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: We should trade up and get TE Coby Fleener

Re: We should trade up and get TE Coby Fleener

[quote user="GameTime"]

[quote user="AllTuckedUp"]"TE coby Fleener just ran 4.45 40" Todd McShay This guy is big. This guy is fast. This guy can catch. This guy can run good routes. This guy is the real deal.[/quote]

tnis guy is still on college and is no garauntee...

the Giants have Ballard mending, Pascoe, Hopkins, and Bennet. To trade up is waste....

[/quote]Hopkins is just as much of not being a guarantee as Fleener is at this point.

[quote user="NY4U2"]dk??* Reese didnt draft Shockey...

[/quote]

Reese and Accorsi have largely the same draft philosophies, and they still have the same TE coach, Mike Pope. Probably the best in the business.

Bench Player

Maybe you should review some of the Mock drafts out on the web; you would realize Fleener might be there when we pick at 32 if not then we move forward. When we signed Bennett that put us in the position to draft the whatever, Offensive lineman, LB, WR, TE Reese has several options now.

I watched the pro day and saw him run...That 4.45 was very generous IMO. I like Fleener a lot but now that the Giants got Bennett I'm not sure they'd take Fleener even if he's there at 32.

During the pro day ESPN interviewed the Colts TE coach and he talked about things he wanted to see with Fleener...It made me wonder if Coby was there at 34 that the Colts might take him as well with Luck. They've lost Clark and maybe Tamme so I could see it. Anyway...I just found that interesting cause I never really put it out as an option for them before today.

Starter

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="NY4U2"]dk?? Reese didnt draft Shockey...

[/quote]

Reese and Accorsi have largely the same draft philosophies, and they still have the same TE coach, Mike Pope. Probably the best in the business.[/quote]

Idk ..I see Reese as a bpa and Accorsi as a need 1rst Reese also makes better picks in the later rounds. And having Pope may be reason enough to draft a lesser known TE. may be why they got Bennet (to lessen the impact) as per the subject if Fleener is bpa they will take him otherwise barring 1 or 2 positions Giants will take bpa

Banned

[quote user="AllTuckedUp"]"TE coby Fleener just ran 4.45 40"

Todd McShay

This guy is big. This guy is fast. This guy can catch. This guy can run good routes. This guy is the real deal.[/quote]
    So what...the Giants will not trade up for some college TE....that would be stupid.

Banned

[quote user="Harlem2va"]Maybe you should review some of the Mock drafts out on the web; you would realize Fleener might be there when we pick at 32 if not then we move forward. When we signed Bennett that put us in the position to draft the whatever, Offensive lineman, LB, WR, TE Reese has several options now.[/quote]

If I ever thought the Giant's Managment was looking at all the "experts'" and Fans' mock drafts to get help in the player draft, I would root for another team.

We should trade all of our draft selections for the rights to Trent Richardson.

[quote user="AllTuckedUp"]"TE coby Fleener just ran 4.45 40"

Todd McShay

This guy is big. This guy is fast. This guy can catch. This guy can run good routes. This guy is the real deal.[/quote]

Picking number 32 is an honor and we should do it with pride.

Unless some bottom feeder wants to trade back into the first round and give up picks.

We don't need a TE in the first round. Eli made good use of big slow mediocre TEs like Boss nad Ballard. Our first priority should be a nasty run blocking O-linemen or an ILB. I prefer a big slow way above average run blocking TE. The running game needs to wake up.
    In the tough times we find out who we are.

+ Reply to Thread