+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: We should trade up and get TE Coby Fleener

Re: We should trade up and get TE Coby Fleener

we just spent money on a te. did you think giants were gona spend money on a te and the guy was just gona be good on sp teams?

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="GameTime"]the Giants have Ballard mending, Pascoe, Hopkins, and Bennet. To trade up is waste....

[/quote] Yea, who needs a dynamic TE when you have Pascoe. ???[/quote]

If Fleener is that dynamic then he will be gone by 32 ...right?....??. Besides why do the Giants need a "dynamic" TE??

Their offense doesnt call for it....never has. Rather see them do something better than a TE that cant block at a first pick.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

[quote user="TheEnigma"][quote user="GameTime"]

[quote user="AllTuckedUp"]"TE coby Fleener just ran 4.45 40" Todd McShay This guy is big. This guy is fast. This guy can catch. This guy can run good routes. This guy is the real deal.[/quote]

tnis guy is still on college and is no garauntee...

the Giants have Ballard mending, Pascoe, Hopkins, and Bennet. To trade up is waste....

[/quote]Hopkins is just as much of not being a guarantee as Fleener is at this point.[/quote]

yeah...and he is already on the team (PS) and wasn't a first round draft choice.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Veteran

[quote user="luvbigblue28"]Did I read correctly that Mario Manningham
    will not be playing with the Giants this season?
    Who will replace him at WR if this is true?[/quote]

What, really? I heard MM went in a club and shot himself in the leg or something and he'll probably have to do some time.

[quote user="GameTime"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="GameTime"]the Giants have Ballard mending, Pascoe, Hopkins, and Bennet. To trade up is waste....

If Fleener is that dynamic then he will be gone by 32 ...right?....??. Besides why do the Giants need a "dynamic" TE??

Their offense doesnt call for it....never has. Rather see them do something better than a TE that cant block at a first pick.

[/quote]
    Really don't understand this misconception that Fleener can't block. The guys a 250 pound man beast that out performed Rob Gronkowski in every single combine event while also out benching the 320 pound tackle mike adams by 9 freakin reps.

Watch any tape you want of him and you will see a very good blocker from the TE position...Heres three to get you started
    Vs Notre Dame
    Vs UCLA
    Higlights lowlights vs Oregon

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="GameTime"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="GameTime"]the Giants have Ballard mending, Pascoe, Hopkins, and Bennet. To trade up is waste....

[/quote]

[/quote]
    DP

[quote user="juice33s"]Really don't understand this misconception that Fleener can't block. The guys a 250 pound man beast that out performed Rob Gronkowski in every single combine event while also out benching the 320 pound tackle mike adams by 9 freakin reps.

Watch any tape you want of him and you will see a very good blocker from the TE position...Heres two to get you started
    Vs UCLA
    Higlights lowlights vs Oregon

[/quote]

What a tremendously beautiful back shoulder catch he made against oregon. That pass had some great zip on it too, so that play speaks volumes about Fleener's body adjustment skills/coordination like we saw in his pro day workouts

There are literally no major flaws to his game as a pass catcher. There are some TEs (like dwayne allen or orson charles) that are more quick than fast or like green/egnew that are faster than quick but Coby Fleener is quick AND fast.

I would totally be in favor of trading up for him but thats not really the giants style

[quote user="B&RWarrior"]We don't need a TE in the first round. Eli made good use of big slow mediocre TEs like Boss nad Ballard. Our first priority should be a nasty run blocking O-linemen or an ILB. I prefer a big slow way above average run blocking TE. The running game needs to wake up.[/quote]

Bennett signed a one year contract and for the most part there are scrubs at TE on the depth chart (pascoe is barely decent and he could have easily not made the team last year). We're taking a flyer on him

Just because they signed Bennett doesnt mean the giants aren't open to taking a TE in the first round. If Fleener is the BPA on their board, they will take him (although i think theres a shot luke keuchly could fall)

Veteran

1. To say the giants Offense does not utilize the TE to pick on at 32 is
    also the same as saying the Giant don't utilize the FB in the
    offense...we've never had a really good one to measure what we can do.

think
    back to when Shockey was here, eli wasn't in his prime and shockey
    always wanted the ball he complained until eli forced the ball his way.

Eli now more seasoned just coming off a almost 5k yard season would dominate with a threat ANY THREAT!!! at TE.

to
    sit there and say well we have Beckum, Ballard, Bennett, pascoe and
    hopkins... is all the more reason why a TE at 32 is the right choice.

if you say Fleener is not a Blocking TE then you haven't watched tape on him.
    peoples argument before today was his forty time and he shut them up.
    now its he cant block. he played in a pro-style offense he was an Inline TE that could spread the field.

go
    to the draft video room that redeye created and watch whatever tape you
    can and even that doesn't tell the whole story of this kids ability.

just
    face it yeah we need O-Line i get it but with the best guys gone by mid
    20 there is a significant drop of into the second, Fleener at 32 would
    be a bpa/need pick and i hope to god it happens.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Veteran

Fleener is such a tempting prospect at 32, but as many people have said, the Giants don't utilize TEs enough to call for an elite player at the position.

We just signed Bennett who I believe will have a major impact this year. I mean look how much of an impact Ballard had with his mediocre 4.8 speed. Bennett is a 4.6 guy and with that athleticism he could do some real damage.

I absolutely believe the Giants should and will draft a TE in this years draft, but it should not be before round 3. A project TE like James Hanna would be outstanding in round 5. He is an athletic freak and could easily become Jimmy Graham 2.0 with Eli at the helm.

+ Reply to Thread