+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: We should trade up and get TE Coby Fleener

Re: We should trade up and get TE Coby Fleener

if fleener is available at 32, no reason we shouldnt take him, guy is a potential beast.

out TE situation isnt very good. ballard is coming back from an acl tear, who knows how good he'll be, same with beckum.

bennett only has a 1 year deal, i dont see him coming back for a 2nd.

who knows what hopkins is?

this guy can be real, real good and i hope he's available when we pick and that we take him.

[quote user="GameTime"]Besides why do the Giants need a "dynamic" TE??

Their offense doesnt call for it....never has. [/quote]

I just dont understand this logic. How do you reason the giants offense doesnt call for it? Because they dont already have a dynamic TE?

This offense has been forcing late round draft picks and undrafted guys into 500+ yard receiving TEs. Sounds like the TE plays a pretty big role to me. Add a more superior talent at TE, and the offense would utilize the position even more.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="GameTime"]Besides why do the Giants need a "dynamic" TE??

Their offense doesnt call for it....never has. [/quote]

I just dont understand this logic. How do you reason the giants offense doesnt call for it? Because they dont already have a dynamic TE?

This offense has been forcing late round draft picks and undrafted guys into 500+ yard receiving TEs. Sounds like the TE plays a pretty big role to me. Add a more superior talent at TE, and the offense would utilize the position even more.[/quote]

+1

Obviously the Giants would like to have a play making TE .... ala the Beckum pick in 2009 ... they just haven't found him yet.

I could see the Giants taking Fleener, but not trading up for him (especially based on a Pro Day).

But I don't think we're going TE in the first round now having signed Bennett. Even on a one year contract, it won't make the Giants go for a less than critical position in the first without it being a probable home run (imo).
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="GameTime"]Besides why do the Giants need a "dynamic" TE??

Their offense doesnt call for it....never has. [/quote] I just dont understand this logic. How do you reason the giants offense doesnt call for it? Because they dont already have a dynamic TE? This offense has been forcing late round draft picks and undrafted guys into 500+ yard receiving TEs. Sounds like the TE plays a pretty big role to me. Add a more superior talent at TE, and the offense would utilize the position even more.[/quote]

point is...... not thatthey dont want one but that they wont waste a 1st rounder on it nor should they at this point in time.

can you understand that logic.....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

[quote user="AllTuckedUp"]"TE coby Fleener just ran 4.45 40" Todd McShay This guy is big. This guy is fast. This guy can catch. This guy can run good routes. This guy is the real deal.[/quote] I'm sure Fleener is gonna be considered, but i can't see Reese trading valuable picks, for a TE.. Reese has been very good at drafting and has been seeing what some of these draft picks outside of the 1st rd can do for u, and i just don't think at this point in time, he's in the mindset of trading picks, unless someone like Luke Kuechly or something fell to the 20's or something, and even then i dont know..

I could see Reese just moving on with his big board if Fleener were to go off the board before we pick, and not even think twice..

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="GameTime"]Besides why do the Giants need a "dynamic" TE??

Their offense doesnt call for it....never has. [/quote] I just dont understand this logic. How do you reason the giants offense doesnt call for it? Because they dont already have a dynamic TE? This offense has been forcing late round draft picks and undrafted guys into 500+ yard receiving TEs. Sounds like the TE plays a pretty big role to me. Add a more superior talent at TE, and the offense would utilize the position even more.[/quote] +1 Obviously the Giants would like to have a play making TE .... ala the Beckum pick in 2009 ... they just haven't found him yet. I could see the Giants taking Fleener, but not trading up for him (especially based on a Pro Day). But I don't think we're going TE in the first round now having signed Bennett. Even on a one year contract, it won't make the Giants go for a less than critical position in the first without it being a probable home run (imo).[/quote]

3rd rounder.....not first.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

[quote user="GameTime"]point is...... not that*they dont want one but that they wont waste a 1st rounder on it nor should they at this point in time.

can you understand that logic.....

[/quote]

I dont see how it would be "wasting" a pick to bring in a player that could make the offense dramatically better.

And they have spent a first round pick on a dynamic TE before... Shockey. The value hasent been there for them in the draft since.

[quote user="GameTime"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="GameTime"]Besides why do the Giants need a "dynamic" TE??

Their offense doesnt call for it....never has. [/quote] I just dont understand this logic. How do you reason the giants offense doesnt call for it? Because they dont already have a dynamic TE? This offense has been forcing late round draft picks and undrafted guys into 500+ yard receiving TEs. Sounds like the TE plays a pretty big role to me. Add a more superior talent at TE, and the offense would utilize the position even more.[/quote] +1 Obviously the Giants would like to have a play making TE .... ala the Beckum pick in 2009 ... they just haven't found him yet. I could see the Giants taking Fleener, but not trading up for him (especially based on a Pro Day). But I don't think we're going TE in the first round now having signed Bennett. Even on a one year contract, it won't make the Giants go for a less than critical position in the first without it being a probable home run (imo).[/quote]

3rd rounder.....not first.

[/quote]

The point is that the style of TE was/is on their radar and they were willing to use a high draft pick on it.

I don't think this draft has the type of TE we'd gamble a #1 pick on (Fleener is good but he's not Jimmy Graham or Gronkowski imo).

I think we go TE in the 3rd or 4th rounds personally. But I would be very happy if we took Fleener in the first (he was my first round pick in my original mocks).
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

+ Reply to Thread