+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Starter

Re: We should trade up and get TE Coby Fleener

We (Reese) most likely wont trade up. But i beleive we would get him if he was on the board @ 32 bpa but.. out of the current top 32 draftees there are like 5 players i would love to (and 1 prolly will) drop to us and it most likely will happen some team will reach and cause a slide and we could end up with a blue collar OLs (Glen) or run stuffing DTs (Devin Still would be nice lol) Kuechly would be nice (but he's ranked top 10 in the country .. Hightower is a "potential" upgrade over Goff (or who ever our MLB is) I like Fleener but at 32 there could be some way better players to choose from he would haveta be graded high on NY draft boards to pick him at 32.

lol which team/teams you think gonna reach or cause a dumpikslide? (Browns and or Miami) lol

I don't think the giants should trade up for anyone, period

I'd wait for Fleener to fall into our laps. Kids a stud and in my view will be a top 5 TE early in his NFL career

All-Pro

[quote user="AllTuckedUp"]"TE coby Fleener just ran 4.45 40" Todd McShay This guy is big. This guy is fast. This guy can catch. This guy can run good routes. This guy is the real deal.[/quote]

tnis guy is still on college and is no garauntee...

the Giants have Ballard mending, Pascoe, Hopkins, and Bennet. To trade up is waste....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Stanford's pro day was outside..he ran two 40's one with the wind one against it..with it he ran a 4.51 against it he ran a 4.55..i dk where anyone saw him running a 4.45...he is still fast for his size so thats not really the question..the problem is that he lacks blocking skill and is really just a bigger travis beckum..i dont think he is worth it at 32

[quote user="GameTime"]the Giants have Ballard mending, Pascoe, Hopkins, and Bennet. To trade up is waste....

[/quote]

Yea, who needs a dynamic TE when you have Pascoe. ???

[quote user="smashndash715"]Stanford's pro day was outside..he ran two 40's one with the wind one against it..with it he ran a 4.51 against it he ran a 4.55..i dk where anyone saw him running a 4.45...he is still fast for his size so thats not really the question..the problem is that he lacks blocking skill and is really just a bigger travis beckum..i dont think he is worth it at 32[/quote]

McShay had him timed at 4.45. Its all hand times, so there is some variance.

Also had a 37" vert and a broad jump over 10'

Those are numbers better than most of the WRs in the draft posted.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="smashndash715"]Stanford's pro day was outside..he ran two 40's one with the wind one against it..with it he ran a 4.51 against it he ran a 4.55..i dk where anyone saw him running a 4.45...he is still fast for his size so thats not really the question..the problem is that he lacks blocking skill and is really just a bigger travis beckum..i dont think he is worth it at 32[/quote]

McShay had him timed at 4.45. Its all hand times, so there is some variance.

Also had a 37" vert and a broad jump over 10'

Those are numbers better than most of the WRs in the draft posted.[/quote]

yea i dont question his athleticism at all..but he cant block which we all know is what giants primarily use te's for..i just dont know if its a good fit for us..especially not in the 1st round

[quote user="smashndash715"]yea i dont question his athleticism at all..but he cant block which we all know is what giants primarily use te's for..i just dont know if its a good fit for us..especially not in the 1st round[/quote]

Boss and Shockey couldnt block at all when they came into the NFL either

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="GameTime"]the Giants have Ballard mending, Pascoe, Hopkins, and Bennet. To trade up is waste....

[/quote]

Yea, who needs a dynamic TE when you have Pascoe. ???[/quote]

Plus ballard and bennett are only signed for a year. Plus, we carried three tes and use all of them often. Wouldt surprise me in fact im hoping our lb corp is bennett as the everysituation te, and ballard and fleener share the rest of the duties until fleener gets that year under his belt.

Then if bennett has a monster year which id bet money he does, and he prices himself out of our paygrade, then fleener and ballard would still be an awesome te tandem...and if bennett cant be that stand out te but still is a solid one, the tandem would be fleener bennett, and ballard could be our third and still be used.

Edit- and what is this about he cant block? Fleener was an inline te and can block. Hes not some raw never blocks te...standofrd ran a heavy set and he was asked to block all the time. All the scouting reports ive seen say hes an avg blocker with room to improve. Yeah hed need to get better but dont imply something thats not true and say he cant block

Starter

[quote user="slipknottin"]Well they did draft Shockey in the first round... So clearly they value the position.

As for all around guys, most of the guys they draft actually tend to be pretty horrible blockers, both Boss and Shockey couldnt block at all, but Pope taught them how to block, and both became very good blockers.[/quote]

Idk?? Reese didnt draft Shockey...