+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Fleener runs a 4.45 at pro day

Thats freaking incredible and one of the best times youve seen this offseason. And his 37 inch vertical would've been the best at the combine as well

This 40 tells me he probably would've ran in the 4.5 range at the combine, which is still very good

Re: Fleener runs a 4.45 at pro day

Probably just put himself in the mid 20s. Possibly the Ravens.

[quote user="gmen0820"]Probably just put himself in the mid 20s. Possibly the Ravens.[/quote]Or the Broncos who have crap at TE. I'll be surprised if he drops down to us now.

[quote user="TheEnigma"][quote user="gmen0820"]Probably just put himself in the mid 20s. Possibly the Ravens.[/quote]Or the Broncos who have crap at TE. I'll be surprised if he drops down to us now.[/quote]1100 yards and 12 TDs if he goes to the Broncos.

[quote user="Neverend"]Thats freaking incredible and one of the best times youve seen this offseason. And his 37 inch vertical would've been the best at the combine as well

This 40 tells me he probably would've ran in the 4.5 range at the combine, which is still very good[/quote]

He's already jumped ahead of Allen as the #1 TE in the draft this year.

I highly doubt we take him in the first however since signing Bennet.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Neverend"]Thats freaking incredible and one of the best times youve seen this offseason. And his 37 inch vertical would've been the best at the combine as well This 40 tells me he probably would've ran in the 4.5 range at the combine, which is still very good[/quote] He's already jumped ahead of Allen as the #1 TE in the draft this year. I highly doubt we take him in the first however since signing Bennet.[/quote]

I don't think that signing Bennett factors into whether we draft Fleener . . . we only signed Bennett for a year.

I think that if JR thinks that Fleeneris the BPA at 32, he will take him.

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Neverend"]Thats freaking incredible and one of the best times youve seen this offseason. And his 37 inch vertical would've been the best at the combine as well This 40 tells me he probably would've ran in the 4.5 range at the combine, which is still very good[/quote] He's already jumped ahead of Allen as the #1 TE in the draft this year. I highly doubt we take him in the first however since signing Bennet.[/quote]

I don't think that signing Bennett factors into whether we draft Fleener . . . we only signed Bennett for a year.

I think that if JR thinks that Fleener*is the BPA at 32, he will take him.* *

[/quote]

Nah ... i think it definitely effects *where* we draft a TE (considering our lack of high round TEs up until now under Reese).

Having said that, I think that takes Fleener right off our boards.

Caveat: The above is with the understanding I don't have a clue what Reese is thinking or where he's rated Fleener or anyone else.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

I don't trust any of these pro day numbers. I've heard too many stories about 39.5 yard tracks that are slightly downhill, 44 lb barbells for bench press, etc. That said, I do like Fleener and wouldn't mind picking him at 32. Not sure if he's first round talent; the experts say he is not.

[quote user="PIERCEnumber58rules"]I don't trust any of these pro day numbers. I've heard too many stories about 39.5 yard tracks that are slightly downhill, 44 lb barbells for bench press, etc. That said, I do like Fleener and wouldn't mind picking him at 32. Not sure if he's first round talent; the experts say he is not.[/quote]

Generally the accepted practice is to average the Combine and Pro Day numbers (is also why a lot of players skip the Combine with "injuries").

I still don't think Fleener goes in the first (although the Ravens does make a lot of sense).

Broncos are possibly signing Tamme.

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="PIERCEnumber58rules"]I don't trust any of these pro day numbers. I've heard too many stories about 39.5 yard tracks that are slightly downhill, 44 lb barbells for bench press, etc. That said, I do like Fleener and wouldn't mind picking him at 32. Not sure if he's first round talent; the experts say he is not.[/quote]

Generally the accepted practice is to average the Combine and Pro Day numbers (is also why a lot of players skip the Combine with "injuries").

I still don't think Fleener goes in the first (although the Ravens does make a lot of sense).

Broncos are possibly signing Tamme.[/quote]

Yea, I go by Combine numbers primarily. If Fleener ran a 4.45 40 at his pro day, he's probably more like a 4.6-4.69 which still isn't bad. Mayock isn't too impressed with any of these TE's, and he doesn't think any are first round talent. He likes Fleener, Allen, and Charles all in the second round. Maybe we can trade our #1 and move back in the second. That way, if we do pick Fleener, the value will match the pick. BPA all the way!