+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fleener runs a 4.45 at pro day

Re: Fleener runs a 4.45 at pro day

If Fleener makes it all the way to 32 and Reese and Co. think he is the BPA and draft him so be it BUT if he raises all the way to mid 1st or the 20s its gona create a slide effect of some other goodies all the way down to 32. IMO a win-win situation.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Always have to be wary about players whose draft stock rises when no football is being played . . . .

All-Pro

Fleener runs a 4.45 at pro day.... in his underwear and it was hand timed.

Fleener is probably the best TE this season in the draft, of a weak draft class.

If someone takes him in round 1, its too early.

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]Always have to be wary about players whose draft stock rises when no football is being played* . . . .[/quote]

That means we'd have to be wary of every player in the draft whose draft stacking isn't falling .... while no football is being played.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

All-Pro

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]Always have to be wary about players whose draft stock rises when no football is being played . . . .[/quote]

JPP's stock exploded after he did his backflips. Im willing to bet if he didnt do his combine, he would of been a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Really like this kid and combination of Bennett as a great blocker- I could see alot of 2 TE sets with these two- creates mismatch for any Safety and most LB'ers in this league and could see Fleener exploiting the middle of the field. Not sure he will be there for us in first though. JR will still have lots of options- may even trade down into second round with team hot to pick up someone at the end of 1st round to ensure pick prior to second day of draft. Other options at TE in 2nd could be Allen then who yes did not have the best Combine but still has loads of up side. Egnew might be a great pickup in 3rd or 4th round if Fleener is gone. Lots of options and most likely we see BPA taken.

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]Always have to be wary about players whose draft stock rises when no football is being played . . . .[/quote] That means we'd have to be wary of every player in the draft whose draft stacking isn't falling .... while no football is being played.[/quote]

The fact of the matter is that I don't think that a player's stock rises or falls with the NFL drafters too much based upon what happens after the college football season is over . . . . that's more of a media and a mock drafter thing.

Are there exception to this? Yes -- a guy could have awful interviews,a medical problem or an absolutely horrific workout that could affect his stock in the mind ofNFL teams, but I don't think that a player's stock will rise in NFL circles all that dramatically if he runs a 4.45 when he was expected to run a 4.6 . . . . . . .

[quote user="TuckYou"]

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]Always have to be wary about players whose draft stock rises when no football is being played . . . .[/quote]

JPP's stock exploded after he did his backflips. Im willing to bet if he didnt do his combine, he would of been a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

[/quote]

I will bet my right nut that JPP's draft stock did not rise from 2nd/3rd rounder to top 15 pick with with any NFL team based upon his ability to do back flips . . . . .

[quote user="TuckYou"]

Fleener runs a 4.45 at pro day.... in his underwear and it was hand timed.

Fleener is probably the best TE this season in the draft, of a weak draft class.

If someone takes him in round 1, its too early.

[/quote]

Fleener was a first round pick long before his proday. It just took the media/fans this long to catch up to what the NFL teams knew.

Same with JPP. He wasent some late riser, teams had him valued as a first round pick for a long time. It was the media and fans that didnt.

I would love to get Fleener, but I think he will be gone at 32. Reese likes to take TEs later in the draft, and the TE pick might Paulson from Oregon. Not a star yet, but a hard working, good hands TE.

+ Reply to Thread