+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran

When being balanced fails.

Sunday Night Game EDIT.
    4th quarter

Jacobs is gashing the Cowboys for 100 yards, Gilbride takes him out and goes shotgun all pass!! What happens, the predictable screen pass get intercepted.

Eli will get his 5,000yds but we won't make the playoffs.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Many of the posters on these message boards love that Gilbride is balanced. However, I don't like it. If the run is working - and it has not worked much this season - there is no reason to pass unless the opposing team sells out to stop the run.

Last week against the Packers Jacobs had back-to-back runs of over ten yards and on the following play instead of running the ball again, Gilbride calls a max-protect play-action pass trying to hit the deep ball. No one was open and Eli got pressure up the middle, he tried to dump the ball off the Bradshaw and Matthews picked off the pass for a touchdown.

If I'm getting 10yds a pop on the run, I don't stop running the ball. Gilbride is a good offensive coordinator but I would love if someone like Marty Schottenheimer was the head coach to force Gilbride to run the ball more often.

Re: When being balanced fails.

[quote user="Coach Carter"]Many of the posters on these message boards love that Gilbride is balanced. However, I don't like it. If the run is working - and it has not worked much this season - there is no reason to pass unless the opposing team sells out to stop the run.

Last week against the Packers Jacobs had back-to-back runs of over ten yards and on the following play instead of running the ball again, Gilbride calls a max-protect play-action pass trying to hit the deep ball. No one was open and Eli got pressure up the middle, he tried to dump the ball off the Bradshaw and Matthews picked off the pass for a touchdown.

If I'm getting 10yds a pop on the run, I don't stop running the ball. Gilbride is a good offensive coordinator but I would love if someone like Marty Schottenheimer was the head coach to force Gilbride to run the ball more often.
    [/quote] How many big plays down the field did the Giants hit on the Packers.I dont see how U can say going deep against the Packers isnt the right thing to do.

[quote user="Coach Carter"]Many of the posters on these message boards love that Gilbride is balanced. However, I don't like it. If the run is working - and it has not worked much this season - there is no reason to pass unless the opposing team sells out to stop the run.

[/quote]

Balance is about an enitire game plan not within a series. KG has always been more on the passing side as we know. I thought the game plan vs the Pack was good. There were a few plays that I wish they went for the first down instead of a long pass.

Marty Shottenheimer??....please.....Never ever want to see him as a NYG coach.

Also the Giants have tried to run the ball alot this season even when their running game has sucked. They have stuck with it and some how Eli is still able to utilize the PA with no running game.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Veteran

[quote user="GameTime"]

[/quote]

Balance is about an enitire game plan not within a series. KG has always been more on the passing side as we know. I thought the game plan vs the Pack was good. There were a few plays that I wish they went for the first down instead of a long pass.

Also the Giants have tried to run the ball alot this season even when their running game has sucked. They have stuck with it and some how Eli is still able to utilize the PA with no running game.

[/quote]

The running game with Jacobs was working vs the Packers. As Charles Oakley used to say, "if it ain't broke, don't break it."

[quote user="Coach Carter"][quote user="GameTime"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The running game with Jacobs was working vs the Packers. As Charles Oakley used to say, "if it ain't broke, don't break it."
    [/quote]

Have to agree - they went away from Jacobs as if he was getting 1 -2 yard carries. Running like that eats up clock and just keeps Rodgers off the field.
    Tepid Salsa

[quote user="Coach Carter"][quote user="GameTime"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

the Giants ran for hundred yards. Jacobs ran for a TD. The passing game was killing....

whats the problem???

You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Hopefully, they will stick with the run more when we play GB in January.
    Do not feed the trolls.

Veteran

[quote user="Mercury"]Hopefully, they will stick with the run more when we play GB in January.
    [/quote]

God I hope that is true, Eli is playing well enough to get us there but the defense just stinks (injuries noted). Even is Osi can Phillips come back and Boley gets back to form, we don't have enough corner backs to compete with the five wide teams. I expect the young linebackers to drastically improve by the end of the regular season.

[quote user="Mercury"]Hopefully, they will stick with the run more when we play GB in January.
    [/quote]

what if the running game still sucks if they are fortunate enough to get to games in january??

They are using the running game for waht it worth right now. Last week was the first week it even looked respectable. They will try it more this week. They will go from week to week to see how it progresses.....or not.

Veteran

[quote user="GameTime"][quote user="Coach Carter"][quote user="GameTime"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

the Giants ran for hundred yards. Jacobs ran for a TD. The passing game was killing....

whats the problem???

[/quote]

1. Running the ball shortens the game
    2. Running the ball keeps Rogers and that explosive offense off of the field
    3. Running the ball rests the defense
    4. Running the ball tires the opposing team's defense
    5. Running the ball decreases the chances of turnovers
    6. Running the ball decrease the effectiveness of the opposing team's pass rush
    7. Running the ball increases the chance of injuries on the opposing team's defense
    8. Running the ball opens up the passing game
    9. Running the ball is a form of intimidation and bullying, it is aggressive football
    10. Running the ball consistently opens up big plays for your offense in the fourth quarter, no one wants to tackle Brandon Jacobs 20+ times during a game - ask Rodney Harrison in 2007

Shall I go on?