+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would you rather draft??

Bench Player

Re: Would you rather draft??

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="NYG_88"]For the first round pick? I mean I think the Giants bigger needs are LB and O-Line but this 32 pick can go anyway depending on the how the top 5 picks go.[/quote]

For any pick, doesnt matter.

Bigger argument is player rankings, is Kuechly a better player than Fleener. Which I do believe he is.

Giants always draft mix of value and position of need.

Both Fleener & Kuechly would fit both if avaliable at 32. So its likely a matter of which they think is the better player.

But I think that decision is made for the giants, very improbable that both are avaliable at 32. And I dont think Hightower is as good a player as Fleener, not by a long shot[/quote]

If it presents itself between Kuechly and Fleener for the 32nd pick, it would be interesting which they would go. Think most Giants fan would choose Kuechly and I would too.

Veteran

Kuechly

Veteran

[quote user="slipknottin"]I think TE and WR are bigger needs than MLB.[/quote]

Slip thank you so much for this i couldn't of said it better myself.

we spent like 3 picks on LB's last year. do we really need to spend a 1st on one this year?

don't get me wrong if Keuchley is there then its BPA and i agree but other than him i think, TE/OL/WR/RB are bigger needs at 32 in that order

imho

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Though I like Fleener, if Kuechly somehow drops to 32, I would be happy if Reese took him.

But it all depends who Reese and the Giants have on their boards as BPA. If Kuechly is gone, and they feel Fleener is BPA---once again, I'm ok with that.

But since we signed Bennett, albeit to a 1 yr deal, I don't think we have to sweat the TE position in rd 1. Maybe a guy like Green or Egnew in the 3rd or 4th could be an option.
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

Luke has the most value of any of these guys mentioned.

But his position is not 1 of more need than the others , thats just your opinion and I dont agree.

[quote user="BlueSanta"]Luke has the most value of any of these guys mentioned.

But his position is not 1 of more need than the others , thats just your opinion and I dont agree.
    [/quote]Well I have said it before. I would not be shocked to see Reese take a DE or DT at 32, if he feels they are the BPA at 32.

BlueSanta, could you see Reese trading out of the first rd? I wonder if the Rams would trade their 2nd and the Redskins 2nd to move into the 1st rd?
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

Theres zero chance kuechly makes it to us at 32... If he was to make it to 20-23 range, i'd consider trading up and getting him, no ifs or buts about it... The problem is, hes not making it outta the teens, and i'll put anything on that...

A player i could see the Giants targeting at 32 is Jerel Worthy DT Michigan St.. Hes got big upside, and its a positon the giants think very highly of, and it would not surprise me one bit if Worthy is the pick...

If Kuechly is there it would be a shocker- Baltimore would have to pass him up. Some have him going as high as 12 to Seattle but I just can not see that. Philadelphia just got their guy in D. Ryans so they will most likely go with DT pick. Baltimore is looking for their replacement at MLB so unless we move up and pick prior to them I don't see that happening. Hill most likely will also be gone. Fleener I could see being snagged up by San Fran- they got their receivers now and Defense is set and not sure OL is worth the pick there. Harbaugh loves Stanford guys. I think Giants may be taking the V Tech RB at 32 and looking at TE in 3rd or 4th round (Egnew possibly?).

[quote user="tonyt830"][quote user="BlueSanta"]Luke has the most value of any of these guys mentioned.

[/quote]Well I have said it before. I would not be shocked to see Reese take a DE or DT at 32, if he feels they are the BPA at 32.

BlueSanta, could you see Reese trading out of the first rd? I wonder if the Rams would trade their 2nd and the Redskins 2nd to move into the 1st rd?[/quote]

I dont know, its not impossible, but I dont think it likely either, especially withe the Skins. I do think a trade back is more likely than a trade up.

It all depends on Reese board. If you believe his post Draft comments in the past couple years he has had guys he rated way higher than where we were picking fall right into his lap.

But, if this years 32nd pick rolls around and there isnt a pick he loves, its not impossible that he might trade down.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="tonyt830"][quote user="BlueSanta"]Luke has the most value of any of these guys mentioned.

[/quote]Well I have said it before. I would not be shocked to see Reese take a DE or DT at 32, if he feels they are the BPA at 32. BlueSanta, could you see Reese trading out of the first rd? I wonder if the Rams would trade their 2nd and the Redskins 2nd to move into the 1st rd?[/quote]

I dont know, its not impossible, but I dont think it likely either, especially withe the Skins. I do think a trade back is more likely than a trade up.

It all depends on Reese board. If you believe his post Draft comments in the past couple years he has had guys he rated way higher than where we were picking fall right into his lap.

But, if this years 32nd pick rolls around and there isnt a pick he loves, its not impossible that he might trade down.
    [/quote]Oh if I mistyped or you misunderstood, but when I mentioned trade down, possibly with the Rams, I meant their 2 2nd rd picks---1 of which is the one the Rams acquired from the Skins to get the overall number 2 pick.

But yeah I agree trade down would be more likely than trade up in the 1st rd.

+ Reply to Thread