+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would you rather draft??

Re: Would you rather draft??

[quote user="tonyt830"]

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="tonyt830"][quote user="BlueSanta"]Luke has the most value of any of these guys mentioned.

But his position is not 1 of more need than the others , thats just your opinion and I dont agree.
    [/quote]Well I have said it before. I would not be shocked to see Reese take a DE or DT at 32, if he feels they are the BPA at 32. BlueSanta, could you see Reese trading out of the first rd? I wonder if the Rams would trade their 2nd and the Redskins 2nd to move into the 1st rd?[/quote]

I dont know, its not impossible, but I dont think it likely either, especially withe the Skins. I do think a trade back is more likely than a trade up.

It all depends on Reese board. If you believe his post Draft comments in the past couple years he has had guys he rated way higher than where we were picking fall right into his lap.

But, if this years 32nd pick rolls around and there isnt a pick he loves, its not impossible that he might trade down.
    [/quote]Oh if I mistyped or you misunderstood, but when I mentioned trade down, possibly with the Rams, I meant their 2 2nd rd picks---1 of which is the one the Rams acquired from the Skins to get the overall number 2 pick.

But yeah I agree trade down would be more likely than trade up in the 1st rd.

[/quote]

I agree, though I am curious to see how the slotted picks / rookie salary cap affects JR's aggression on draft day.

[quote user="AceOspadZ4"]Non- need positions such as Fleener or Stephen Hill, or a need position like Kuechly?[/quote]I disagree they arent needs. The Giants need another weapon in the passing game

All-Pro

Other than RT, I'm starting to think that WR is our biggest need

All-Pro

I thinkmthenonly positions we know they won't be drafting in the 1st are QB, P, and K. One than hose I could see any other position being taken in the 1st based on BPA or need.

Veteran

I'd really like Kuechly or Hill in this draft.

I don't understand why TE is still such a big need. Didn't we just pick up Bennett? I mean big enough to use our 1st pick on? I just don't see it.

[quote user="Gmenfan87"]I don't understand why TE is still such a big need. Didn't we just pick up Bennett? I mean big enough to use our 1st pick on? I just don't see it.[/quote]

A guy with 85 career catches in 4 seasons who has a 1 year contract?

Lets say Bennett becomes a great player who fulfills his supposed inner unleashed potential... then he probably leaves the giants and TE becomes a need again

All-Pro

Even if Bennett, a guy who has done nothing since entering the league, becomes a good TE here, don't they need depth? They lost 2 TE's in the Super Bowl and I like Bear and all but they need someone else.

Veteran

[quote user="Gmenfan87"]I don't understand why TE is still such a big need. Didn't we just pick up Bennett? I mean big enough to use our 1st pick on? I just don't see it.[/quote]

Are you serious?

ballard - injured might be out for a couple of games
    Beckum - Injured might be out for a couple of games
    Hopkins - practice squad guy, only mentioned cause we lost the two up above
    Pascoe - he's still have ways to go to prove he can handle being a starting TE
    Bennett - i think everyone is putting way too much hope in this guy coming in and hitting the ground running. i'm not saying hes not going to be great but i'm also not saying he the answer right now.

we have the 32nd pick in the first which is almost like an early 2nd round pick. if we were in the teens or top ten then i might say well we do need a TE but non are top ten or fifteen material but its the 32 pick.... come on bruh

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

+ Reply to Thread