+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Would you rather draft??

Veteran

Re: Would you rather draft??

[quote user="lawl"]Other than RT, I'm starting to think that WR is our biggest need[/quote] as well as TE. i tihnk we should give Deihl and Brewer a chance at RT. what was the point of drafting him if were not going to attempt to plug him in

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

[quote user="rainierjef"][quote user="lawl"]Other than RT, I'm starting to think that WR is our biggest need[/quote] as well as TE. i tihnk we should give Deihl and Brewer a chance at RT. what was the point of drafting him if were not going to attempt to plug him in
    [/quote] I'm as big a James Brewer fan as there is, and he was the guy i wanted when our pick came up in RD 4 last yr, but we just don't know what he'll play like in the NFL so we need to get some depth there... Diehl is more G or LT then a RT in my opinion, seeing how that is where hes played... I think drafting a tackle that is suited for RT is of utmost importance.. Even if we wait untill mid rds, and get a sleeper like Tom Compton of S.Dak St is fine, but we gotta get some depth...

[quote user="titwio"][quote user="XxBigWhitxX"][quote user="AceOspadZ4"]Non- need positions such as Fleener or Stephen Hill, or a need position like Kuechly?[/quote]If Kuechly is there you take him no ifs, ands, or buts about it.[/quote]

Yeah definitely...Luke would certainly qualify as the BPA.[/quote]

I would throw a party if we drafted him. LB is a position that I have been hoping for the team to address since Antonio Pierce left.

I can't wait for the draft!

All-Pro

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="rainierjef"][quote user="lawl"]Other than RT, I'm starting to think that WR is our biggest need[/quote] as well as TE. i tihnk we should give Deihl and Brewer a chance at RT. what was the point of drafting him if were not going to attempt to plug him in
    [/quote]* I'm as big a* James Brewer fan as there is, and he was the guy i wanted when our pick came up in RD 4 last yr, but we just don't know what he'll play like in the NFL so we need to get some depth there...* Diehl is more* G or LT then a RT in my opinion, seeing how that is where hes played... I think drafting a tackle that is suited for RT is of utmost importance.. Even if we wait untill mid rds, and get a sleeper like Tom Compton of S.Dak St is fine, but we gotta get some depth...[/quote]

Yea. If brewer is ready to start then I'm all for it. But there's just no way of me knowing whether or not hes ready. Diehl should not be given a starting job at any position on the OL

[quote user="Gmenfan87"]I don't understand why TE is still such a big need. Didn't we just pick up Bennett? I mean big enough to use our 1st pick on? I just don't see it.[/quote] Coby Fleener is not "Just a TE". He is another elite weapon in the passing game. I dont think u are seeing the potential he could have overall on this offense. Manningham leaving does hurt this team

[quote user="AceOspadZ4"]Non- need positions such as Fleener or Stephen Hill, or a need position like Kuechly?[/quote]

I'd argue that Fleener is also a need position, but I'd take Kuechly over Fleener in a heartbeat.

WR I think we're good at however considering you need 3 starting WRs per year and have to deal with FA every 4 years per WR and this being a passing league and the Giants being a passing team, I could see WR in every draft being a high priority position. The NFL seems to be really split on whether this is a good draft for WRs ... some same its really deep and others say its a crap year for the position. However I don't think we go WR with our first round pick (especially since we've been hawking Sanu more and more).

I think a better question would have been would you go Fleener (TE) or Hill (WR) or Glenn (OG). Cordy Glenn is falling on a lot of mock drafts simply because he's not in a sexy position. Given his versatility (can flex to OT) he might make the most sense for the Giants if he's still there at #32.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

I could see Reese targeting TE in the draft, but the Bennett signing makes me think he won't spend first round $$ on the position.

I do like both Hill and Glenn, however. Especially Glenn. . .he'd inspire an awful lot of competition in that OL, and get some big salaries playing harder. . .including the untouchable #76.
    Manslaughter is easier to convict (and sentence) than murder. Instant replay still gets it wrong sometimes. Peace and love to all the fans of all the teams. We're all fans, and we love OUR team.

+ Reply to Thread