+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Would you rather draft??

Veteran

Re: Would you rather draft??

[quote user="lawl"]Other than RT, I'm starting to think that WR is our biggest need[/quote] as well as TE. i tihnk we should give Deihl and Brewer a chance at RT. what was the point of drafting him if were not going to attempt to plug him in

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

[quote user="rainierjef"][quote user="lawl"]Other than RT, I'm starting to think that WR is our biggest need[/quote] as well as TE. i tihnk we should give Deihl and Brewer a chance at RT. what was the point of drafting him if were not going to attempt to plug him in
    [/quote] I'm as big a James Brewer fan as there is, and he was the guy i wanted when our pick came up in RD 4 last yr, but we just don't know what he'll play like in the NFL so we need to get some depth there... Diehl is more G or LT then a RT in my opinion, seeing how that is where hes played... I think drafting a tackle that is suited for RT is of utmost importance.. Even if we wait untill mid rds, and get a sleeper like Tom Compton of S.Dak St is fine, but we gotta get some depth...

[quote user="titwio"][quote user="XxBigWhitxX"][quote user="AceOspadZ4"]Non- need positions such as Fleener or Stephen Hill, or a need position like Kuechly?[/quote]If Kuechly is there you take him no ifs, ands, or buts about it.[/quote]

Yeah definitely...Luke would certainly qualify as the BPA.[/quote]

I would throw a party if we drafted him. LB is a position that I have been hoping for the team to address since Antonio Pierce left.

I can't wait for the draft!

All-Pro

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="rainierjef"][quote user="lawl"]Other than RT, I'm starting to think that WR is our biggest need[/quote] as well as TE. i tihnk we should give Deihl and Brewer a chance at RT. what was the point of drafting him if were not going to attempt to plug him in
    [/quote]* I'm as big a* James Brewer fan as there is, and he was the guy i wanted when our pick came up in RD 4 last yr, but we just don't know what he'll play like in the NFL so we need to get some depth there...* Diehl is more* G or LT then a RT in my opinion, seeing how that is where hes played... I think drafting a tackle that is suited for RT is of utmost importance.. Even if we wait untill mid rds, and get a sleeper like Tom Compton of S.Dak St is fine, but we gotta get some depth...[/quote]

Yea. If brewer is ready to start then I'm all for it. But there's just no way of me knowing whether or not hes ready. Diehl should not be given a starting job at any position on the OL

[quote user="Gmenfan87"]I don't understand why TE is still such a big need. Didn't we just pick up Bennett? I mean big enough to use our 1st pick on? I just don't see it.[/quote] Coby Fleener is not "Just a TE". He is another elite weapon in the passing game. I dont think u are seeing the potential he could have overall on this offense. Manningham leaving does hurt this team

[quote user="AceOspadZ4"]Non- need positions such as Fleener or Stephen Hill, or a need position like Kuechly?[/quote]

I'd argue that Fleener is also a need position, but I'd take Kuechly over Fleener in a heartbeat.

WR I think we're good at however considering you need 3 starting WRs per year and have to deal with FA every 4 years per WR and this being a passing league and the Giants being a passing team, I could see WR in every draft being a high priority position. The NFL seems to be really split on whether this is a good draft for WRs ... some same its really deep and others say its a crap year for the position. However I don't think we go WR with our first round pick (especially since we've been hawking Sanu more and more).

I think a better question would have been would you go Fleener (TE) or Hill (WR) or Glenn (OG). Cordy Glenn is falling on a lot of mock drafts simply because he's not in a sexy position. Given his versatility (can flex to OT) he might make the most sense for the Giants if he's still there at #32.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

I could see Reese targeting TE in the draft, but the Bennett signing makes me think he won't spend first round $$ on the position.

I do like both Hill and Glenn, however. Especially Glenn. . .he'd inspire an awful lot of competition in that OL, and get some big salaries playing harder. . .including the untouchable #76.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

+ Reply to Thread