+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Kevin Gilbride has won 2 Superbowls. Any reason why he was not given a head-coaching job?

I find this interesting.

I know we have had our issues with Gilbride, but he has beaten the best in the league, and I give him credit for that.

Veteran

Re: Kevin Gilbride has won 2 Superbowls. Any reason why he was not given a head-coaching job?

Gilbride takes a lot of heat from fans. I admit I wanted him gone. But our offense has been among the top in the NFL as him as our coordinator. Two Super Bowls. Sometimes he does things that has me scratching my head but bottom line he does a good job and were lucky to have him.

Re: Kevin Gilbride has won 2 Superbowls. Any reason why he was not given a head-coaching job?

Because he's awful and the Giants O succeeds despite him......

Partially kidding.....I'd like some young innovative blood but I'm okay with KG....can't argue with results.

I heard that he interviews terrible.....from as ESPN would site "Sources." Some guys are just career coordinators. His short stead in SD as the HC doesn't help him either.

I'm sure that he's a much better coach now (being under Tom Coughlin) that we was in SD. Spags got the Rams job, just after one season as our D-cord.

Is Gilbride really that bad?

Maybe he likes his rings and wants more. He knows he has a great thing going with the Giants. Maybe he isnt putting himself out there.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

As some others said, I don't know how driven he is to land another HC gig - is he known to have aggressively pursued any HC openings over the past few years? Maybe he believes he'll have a shot with the GMen when TC does retire (I'm making the assumption that TC will leave on his own terms and not by being fired)

All-Pro

hey it works in our favor ... so many super bowl teams have their staffs raided ... it happened with spags, but we've gotgood continuity with Gilbride and Fewell ... it's nice when you only need to tweak the O instead of installing a brand new O every single year

i might be naive in saying this, but i don't think KG has been that aggressive in seeking a HC position ... now obviously if a team wanted him, i'm sure he wouldlisten and interview ... he's got a family and more $$ is more $$, but i don't see him calling teams and saying ... hey, let's talk about your HC opening

also, take a Mike Martz ... he was a good o-coordinator, but never a good HC ... maybe teams look at KG in a similar light

KG is strictly an X's and O's guy. You need to be a motivator as well and I don't get that vibe from him.

That being said, Kevin Gilbride is VASTLY underrated as an OC. Mostly by Giants fans.

Maybe he is just happy doing what he does. Being a HC you have to wear so many different hats.

Because NFL films keeps showing footage of him getting snuffed by a 65 year old man.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.