+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just a hunch... but I feel these players are going to fall in the draft

Just a hunch... but I feel these players are going to fall in the draft

Quinton Coples - He is a great athlete that put up solid numbers. But, based off scouting reports and the few games that I saw him play, he seemed to take plays off and relied on the fact that we was a better athlete than anyone else on the field. The NFL will destroy him, if he doesn't come to work.

David DeCastro - Not because he isn't talented and wont be a beast. But, because I feel that teams are going to go after play-makers early in the round and worry about O-Line in the later rounds.

Dwayne Allen - Man, two months ago this kid was a lock as a first round pick. After the combine, he fell off big time! Now he may be a late second rounder or even an early third.

Alshon Jeffrey - Another guy that was considered a top 10 pick two months ago, now may not be taken until the late second or early thrid. He work ethic has been questioned. With the great workouts by Stephen Hill, Mohammed Sanu and the hype that Ruben Randle is generating, Jeffrey could suffer.

Dre Kirkpatrick - Great player that played a major role in a great defense. His recent run-in with the law, isn't all that serious. But, I think the fact that Kirkpatricks incident is "fresh", will result in Janoris Jenkins taking over the #2 spot for CB. Still a first rounder, but not until mid to late 20's.
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

Re: Just a hunch... but I feel these players are going to fall in the draft

I dont think Dwayne Allen was ever a first round lock. Think he was always a second rounder

[quote user="slipknottin"]I dont think Dwayne Allen was ever a first round lock. Think he was always a second rounder[/quote]

Borderline first at best but his draft stock has definitely taken a big dip since the Combine.

He could very well be an early 3rd round pick.

@OP: No way Kirkpatrick falls out of the first. Too valuable a position.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

I dont think Allen was hurt as badly as you say. You have to keep in mind scouts felt he was the best performing TE in the drills segment at the combine and was even better at his pro day. Theywere raving about his route running and cuts in and out of breaks.

I also do not think Kirkpatrick was hurt much at all either. If anything I think Teams will be reluctant about Jenkins moreso than Kirkpatrick. Jenkins has been far more self destructive.

I would add the possibility of Brockers dropping some. His combine did not impress people at all(aside from his super long arms). He was 1 of the worst performing DTs in fact. I do not think he falls out of the 1st or anything that dramatic, but he is not the best DT in the class anymore and could be selected 3rd amoung DTs whereas pre combine he was a shoe in for the 1st DT taken.

[quote user="BlueSanta"]I dont think Allen was hurt as badly as you say. You have to keep in mind scouts felt he was the best performing TE in the drills segment at the combine and was even better at his pro day. Theywere raving about his route running and cuts in and out of breaks.

I also do not think Kirkpatrick was hurt much at all either. If anything I think Teams will be reluctant about Jenkins moreso than Kirkpatrick. Jenkins has been far more self destructive.

I would add the possibility of Brockers dropping some. His combine did not impress people at all(aside from his super long arms). He was 1 of the worst performing DTs in fact. I do not think he falls out of the 1st or anything that dramatic, but he is not the best DT in the class anymore and could be selected 3rd amoung DTs whereas pre combine he was a shoe in for the 1st DT taken.*
    [/quote]

Speaking of Brockers... where the heck did this kid come from? I honestly did not hear a word about him until mid way through the season. All of a sudden he becomes a first round prospect? All of you LSU fans out there, was he really that dominant?
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

+ Reply to Thread