+ Reply to Thread
Page 141 of 141 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1410

Re: NY Knicks 2011-12

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="jomo"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="jomo"]I'm thinking that Lin got some bad advice here. I am not sure how much "brand Lin" is worth with a base in Texas versus a base in NYC. I never begrudge anyone making every nickle possible however, I believe his total earning potential is much greater in NY than in Texas (although NYS and NYC income taxes are a big deterrent at over 10%)[/quote] Somehow, this easy "match" offer turned into some ridiculous thing, and it seems rare a RFA ends up having this much drama with any other team.. I think Lin actually owed the knicks, personally.. Dude would be on the back of someones bench and probably not even in the NBA if not for the knicks.. Sure, go sign ur deal with houston, but by all means, don't go running back with info.. Thats a snake move! First u here he was upset at the knicks and then this... I'm glad the snake is gone.... Peace out![/quote]I enjoyed that short moment in Knicks history like everyone else but have no problem with them refusing to get jerked around. I'm not sure that the guy is put together physically to stand up to the rigors of being a starting point guard in the NBA. He's lost quite a bit of his "charm" through this episode I think.[/quote] I think hes a herb.. And i would never want that dude on my team, assuming the stuff about going back to houston with info is true.. I know some will say, hes gotta do what hes gotta do for money, and the money part i have no problem with.. Its the fact that in my opinion, he did owe NY.. I normally woulden't say that, but this is a dude who again, woulden't even be playing on any NBA team if not for the knicks.. Dudes a goofy snakey scrub! I'm gonna laugh my arse off if he stinks it up from here on out..[/quote] I think Lin believes he may be better off in Houston and i agee with him. Looking at what the Knicks have done with this roster it is clear that the Knicks are trying to build a team to beat the heat. They are building a slow it down iso team that plays strong defense and limits TO's. They will run an old school Knick offense that will run through the post.I think thats why Amare is working with Hakeem. The up and down motion offense doesnt take advantage of the Heats weaknesses and actually makes the Heat even better. The constant cutting and passing allows the Heat to create turnovers and score in transition. Letting the Heat get out and run is a death sentence. Now if your Lin do u want to stay with the Knicks? A team that is going to take the ball out of your hands and put it in Amare/Melo's. By doing that u are taking away what Lin does well which is driving and kicking.For the Knicks the wild passing is exactly what your half court defense doesnt want.. Woodson wants a PG to get Melo/Amare in their spots and play tough defense thats not what Jeremy Lin is.Thats why he was cut twice before he went to the Knicks. He isnt the best ball handler or the best passer.His game is built on the things the knicks arent going to be doing. For the Knicks the best thing it seems would be to start him at the 2 and finish the games with JR Smith and Kidd.However playing Lin at the 2 would really hurt the knicks defense If Lin goes to Houston he will be able to do the things that made him an Icon. The team has zero talent around him. he will be able to drive and kick, dominate the ball no one will care. He will put up 20 and 8 increase his brand. They wont win much but Lin will get his numbers.He will stay a pop star.[/quote] Lin was cut from 2 Up tempo teams all ready.. I love ur post, but i think we don't even have a clue what kinda player lins gonna grow into.. I think there will be plenty of opp's to drive for anyone on the knicks team, because theres just not enough of a inside game for the knicks.. I mean, u look at Chris Paul.. He is fantastic at driving the ball and is on a team that plays slow halfcourt offense, and yet u watch em, and he still finds time to drive to teh basket at least 10 times or more a game... Deron Williams is the same deal.. I think if ur good, ur not just "uptempo" or "halfcourt" player.. Ur simply good and can play the game of basketball without limitations.. </P>

</P>

If Jeremey Lin isn't good enough to be a quality player in a half court offense, then piece out! Also, do u think Houston's gonna be a uptempo team with Dwight Howard in there? Sure he might not go to Houston, but there certainly trying to get em, and Lin knows this.. I think Lin wants to be on the knicks, and simply tried his hardest to get every penny, regardless of how snakey he had to do it..</P>

I don't care what anyone says, if he went back to houston like a little B-itch and gave them all the info that he had shared with the knicks brass, then he can suck a phat one! Dudes a snake in the grass! Peace out!</P>

U know i'm a fiesty guy and get angry, but never do i call names as harsh as i am right now.. I see Lin as a guy u never ever want to be in a bunker with.. Dude was quoted during the playoffs as saying he couldent play because he was only 85pct!!!!LOLLOL Are u kidding? Dudes are playing with basically one knee, and off season surgery awaiting them, and this ****** whos been a nobody for 2yrs can't even suit up and give it his all for the team that has made him known and given him his chance? Hes a freaking terd! </P>

[/quote]Paul can do it all he fits everywhere. Lins whole game is drive to the basket and kick.Outside of that he doesnt do many things well. His handle is below average , His outside Shot is Okay "Could Improve on that",Terribe defensivly. Im assuming a lot but from what Ive seen this offseason there is an idenity the Knicks are forming.I really believe they want to be a grind it down Half Court team. Built around Chandler / Camby protecting the rim. The Knicks have some pretty good peremeter defenders Shumperts fantastic, Jr Smith is solid so is Kidd. On Offense going with the individual ability of Melo/ Amare + spot up shooting of Novak/Kidd/JR Smith .JR Smith is actually a good jump shooter had an awful year shooting should bounce back[/quote] I think ur post makes alot of sense, but the knicks clearly want Lin back, and the only reason hes not coming back is the whole 3rd yr at 14.8million.. There is nothing else or no other reason why hes not back with us..I agree that Jr should have a much better yr shooting the ball.. Also, Shumpert coming back midway through the yr should be a big boost to the offense and defense off the bench.. I really like the way this teams built overall, but the upside of Lin is pretty good, and it annoys me, that we went from Lin and Kidd, to Felton and mr DWI in the matter of a day..lol Either way, the additon of Marcus Camby is insanely good, and Kidd as well... I'm pretty excited about this season, just alittle annoyed at Lins snake like acts.. Now that i'm calmed down, i'm looking forward to the season..</P>

</P>

Its to bad we coulden't go add Gilbert Arenas for the Vet Minimum.. I'd prefer Foye or Bellinelli, but they are gonna get better contracts then Vet min's.. Also, Willie Green would be a steal of a final piece. </P>

That boy's gone come 11:59 PM EST

(What's with all the old guys on the Team though? LOL )

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Starter

im really not that upset that lin is gone... im upset that he's gone for nothing...

the knicks won the bird rights case... yippe right?! just to overpay novak and let lin go for nothing.

at worst the knicks should have matched the deal and then traded him for a prospect or something! draft picks! anything! i really don't see the logic in letting him go for nothing.

[quote user="EliTE"]im really not that upset that lin is gone... im upset that he's gone for nothing...

the knicks won the bird rights case... yippe right?! just to overpay novak and let lin go for nothing.

at worst the knicks should have matched the deal and then traded him for a prospect or something! draft picks! anything! i really don't see the logic in letting him go for nothing.[/quote]

yeah meanwhile weve got a platoon at PG, which I'm sure happened because of ball-hog Melo, and a truly "veteran" cast of players...

good luck Jeremy! No hard feelings toward ya'. Money doesn't talk, it yells.

testing ..had no idea what email i had set for gumby742. But I did find one of my older ones.

This Knicks team will make the playoffs but it's not going to make a run at anything. The Heat got even better than last year with the addition of Allen, Celtics added some nice pieces, Pacers will continue to improve and of course there's the Nets. And while I'm not nutty about losing Lin, I am terrified at our lack of depth right now. Especially while Shumpert is out.

Right now you igure the starters to be Chandler, Stat, Melo, JR and Felton. Which is a nice starting group. But our bench is essentially Kidd, Camby Novak and NOBODY! This team is one or two injuries away from being an average squad and is old in alot of places now. They're desperately thin up front unless you think Kurt Thomas is going to find the fountain of youth and they have no back-up 2 guard until December at the earliest when Shump comes back, and who knows how well he'll be able to play when he does return.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post
    This Knicks team will make the playoffs but it's not going to make a run at anything. The Heat got even better than last year with the addition of Allen, Celtics added some nice pieces, Pacers will continue to improve and of course there's the Nets. And while I'm not nutty about losing Lin, I am terrified at our lack of depth right now. Especially while Shumpert is out.

Right now you igure the starters to be Chandler, Stat, Melo, JR and Felton. Which is a nice starting group. But our bench is essentially Kidd, Camby Novak and NOBODY! This team is one or two injuries away from being an average squad and is old in alot of places now. They're desperately thin up front unless you think Kurt Thomas is going to find the fountain of youth and they have no back-up 2 guard until December at the earliest when Shump comes back, and who knows how well he'll be able to play when he does return.
    OK, well they took a step in the right direction. Just picked up Ronnie Brewer from the Bulls. Good perimeter defender, which is always good for this team, and can knock down the occassional three ball. Now they need to get another reliable big body off the bench. Would have been nice if they were able to have kept Jeffries.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post
    OK, well they took a step in the right direction. Just picked up Ronnie Brewer from the Bulls. Good perimeter defender, which is always good for this team, and can knock down the occassional three ball. Now they need to get another reliable big body off the bench. Would have been nice if they were able to have kept Jeffries.
    I like the Ronnie Brewer move a lot especially with Shumpert rehabbing. Anyone good enough to get 20-25mpg on the top seed bulls is good enough for me. If Grunwald can go out and get kmart to back up Amare this team might make some noise. Defense has been seriously upgraded if nothing else. Andray Blatche is an intriguing PF left who could come for vet min.

Ronnie was a decent-to-good BENCH player for the Bulls. He has heart and a motor. Solid pick-up for the NYK.

Quote Originally Posted by EliTE View Post
    im really not that upset that lin is gone... im upset that he's gone for nothing...

at worst the knicks should have matched the deal and then traded him for a prospect or something! draft picks! anything! i really don't see the logic in letting him go for nothing.
    As a self-proclaimed Lin fan boy and someone that will watching the Rockets going forward, even I can say that he's not worth (as as player only) the contract he was given. The sample size was just too small. 14 million in his final year was just too ridiculous. I hate Melo, but he was right when he said the contract was out of control.