+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

ESPN says were overrated...

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story...ew-york-giants

What else is new? I dont have insider but just by reading the first couple of paragraphs is all I need to NOT read this article.

Re: ESPN says were overrated...

Well to be fair it's Chris Sprow and Clayton that are overlooking us again. The rest of the "power rankers" ranked us first. For whatever that's worth.

Power rankings in March???

And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Overrated or not...

The new yor giants are superbowl champs!

Screw the haters

Boredom rankings??
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

[quote user="FBomb"]

Power rankings in March???

[/quote]
    Yup. The traditional, "There's a month to the draft and nothing going on in FA (save for the Teblow circus) Power Rankings."

I guess there's no reason to go to any of the games this year....

Jets and Eagles are locks again......

[quote user="OsiStrahan#1combo"]http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story?id=7723736&_slug_=nfl-power-rankings-overrating-new-york-giants&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsi der.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2fstory%3fid%3d7723736%26_sl ug_%3dnfl-power-rankings-overrating-new-york-giants

What else is new? I dont have insider but just by reading the first couple of paragraphs is all I need to NOT read this article.[/quote]
    Of course we're overrated at being in 1. If you did an objective power ranking (one where the SB champs aren't essentially guaranteed the first spot), then we'd probably be a little closer to 5.

Big freaking deal.

All-Pro

[quote user="Bing Crosby"]Well to be fair it's Chris Sprow and Clayton that are overlooking us again. The rest of the "power rankers" ranked us first. For whatever that's worth. [/quote]

Yes they jumped us from 9to1 from last poll to this poll with all the changes going on in the NFL they said we are the SB Champs so therefore we are the team to beat.

Then in the next sentence it says that we LOST SIGNIFICANT players from last yrs SB Roster, and the fact we only won 9 regular season games with all those players we will need to fill the holes fast or prob drop fast in rankings considering our schedule...

HATERS GONNA HATE> KEEP DOUBTING...

Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

All-Pro

This prob should be in its own thread but ......

RememberGB in2010 were not all that good during the season and had a bunch of injuries like we did turned it on near the end of season to get WC spot. Thenby getting some guys back and getting hot at the right time, they won the SB.... JUST LIKE WE DID in 2011. Rodgers had a breakout season to help them get to where they needed to go and they had a core of WRs and TEs and guys on D that made it happen to make that season special. JUST like ELI and our WRs and TEs and Defense did in 2011....

Well going into 2011 they were HEAVY Favorites to repeat......and went 15-1 and NO ONE thought we could beat them in playoffs.

Now going into 2012 you would think we would get some respect that this ORG is doing something right to be able to do this twice in 4 yrs. BUT as usual NO ONE THINKS WE WILL REPEAT...LOL

AND I LOVE IT

Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***