+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Should bradshaw carry the load?

He is one of the hardest guys to bring down, never complains, doesnt get into trouble and is a team first guy. There is no question he plays his heart out for us, and he does it even when he is injured. So don't get me wrong here, i like bradshaw.

But because of how injury prone he is I really think a RB is a very important need for us in this up coming draft. I mean lets face it, Dj ware hasnt shown any type of flashes yet, and i don't know if they are willing to trust scott. I can't really see bradshaw carrying the full load and still being healthy later on in the season.

He says hes ready to be the go to guy, but id rather him split 60/40 preferably 50/50 with another reliable back. I think he would play better if he shared a lot of carries, because he would be on the sidelines hungry to get into the game.

What do you think?
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Re: Should bradshaw carry the load?

First of all Bradshaw is not injury proned.

He has bad feet, it's been that way since college.

But to answer your question I think it's a wise decision to have a complimentary runningback to Bradshaw. In todays NFL it's smart to have 2 reliable runningbacks on the roster. I would like the Giants to bring back Jacobs, but I am also not against drafting a runningback.

We don't know what to expect from Scott, in limited time he had 2 fumbles. But we all saw what he can bring to a team last preseason. Explosive speed...

Giants fan since the early 80s

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

[quote user="ny06"]

He has bad feet, it's been that way since college. [/quote]

Isnt that still injury prone?

Either way.... Bradshaw is not durable enough to be the only proven back on the roster.

Of course the fantastical DJ Ware is under contract. Sure we will see a ton of him for no reason next year.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="ny06"]

He has bad feet, it's been that way since college. [/quote] Isnt that still injury prone? Either way.... Bradshaw is not durable enough to be the only proven back on the roster. Of course the fantastical DJ Ware is under contract. Sure we will see a ton of him for no reason next year.[/quote]

I look at Bradshawas havingdegenerate feet issues, when I think of injury proned players I see a guy who just can't stay healthy. See Travis Beckum...

Giants fan since the early 80s

[quote user="ny06"]I look at Bradshaw*as having*degenerate feet issues, when I think of injury proned players I see a guy who just can't stay healthy. See Travis Beckum...

[/quote]

Bradshaw cant stay healthy though.

I think it makes more sense to label a guy with the same injury over and over as injury prone more than a guy who has completely separate and perhaps fluke injuries.

Its just semantics really.

"I look at Bradshaw as having degenerate feet"

That made me laugh for some reason
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

All-Pro

we will need a rotation of backs ... it would be pointless to run AB into the ground even if his backups are struggling ... we'll figure something out ... still very early in the whole 2012 process

[quote user="burier"]"I look at Bradshaw as having degenerate feet"

That made me laugh for some reason[/quote]

We ALL know who we're talking about when you see the words "feet" and "degenerate" in the same sentence [:$]
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

[quote user="burier"]"I look at Bradshaw as having degenerate feet" That made me laugh for some reason[/quote]

I am sure Rex Ryan would be very interested if only knew this.....[]

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch