+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BUMBLING COWBOYS FIND TONY ROMO IS FAR FROM TRUSTWORTHY AS SHOWDOWN WITH GIANTS NEARS

BUMBLING COWBOYS FIND TONY ROMO IS FAR FROM TRUSTWORTHY AS SHOWDOWN WITH GIANTS NEARS

Excerpt: "
    In the bye week before the biggest game of his life, Tony Romo took off for a
    mini-vacation to Cabo with then-girlfriend Jessica Simpson,
    sparking a controversy about his commitment to football.

A few months after the Giants beat Romo and the Cowboys in that 2007 NFC
    divisional playoff game and went on to win the Super Bowl, Eli
    Manning
    was in Cabo at a more appropriate time. He got married.

In big moments, Manning’s timing has always been better than Romo’s.

The Giants and Cowboys have stumbled their way through the first 12 games of
    the season and are left with little margin for error over the last four weeks in
    which they will play each other twice .

The Cowboys (7-5) have a one-game lead in the NFC East over the Giants, who
    have lost four games in a row. In one of the biggest regular-season games in
    this long Giants-Cowboys rivalry, the Giants clearly have the edge at
    quarterback.

Manning has given the Giants reason to trust him in a big game. Romo has yet
    to play his best when the games mean the most. He can either be incredibly
    creative or when he makes a mistake, it looks like he just drew the play up in
    the dirt and let it fly.

Manning is 4-3 in the playoffs and has been the Super Bowl MVP. Romo is 1-3
    and has never advanced past the divisional round.

In the first playoff game of his career in 2006, Romo fumbled the snap as the
    holder on a 20-yard field goal attempt with just over one minute remaining.
    Dallas lost by one point.

Manning has been one of the best quarterbacks in the league this season and
    it often seems he’s about all the Giants have going for them. Romo’s two
    turnovers in the fourth quarter lost the season opener against the Jets, and his
    three second-half interceptions against the Lions — two of them returned for
    touchdowns, the other setting up the game-winning touchdown — w ere the reason
    the Cowboys blew a 27-3 third quarter lead in the fourth game of the year.

“Everybody last week was talking about Aaron Rodgers being
    the Super Bowl MVP and all that stuff,” Giants tackle David Diehl said
    Wednesday. “He’s a great quarterback and he’s having an unbelievable year. But
    we have the same thing on our side. Eli is having an unbelievable
    year.” Read more...

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Re: BUMBLING COWBOYS FIND TONY ROMO IS FAR FROM TRUSTWORTHY AS SHOWDOWN WITH GIANTS NEARS

You know, articles like this worry me. I worry because of the "second half collapse" issues we've been dealing with, both real and imagined. Is it possible an article like this is intended to make us look past the Cowboys as an easy game?

I don't think Romo is close to Eli in terms of ability, but neither do I think he's cannon fodder. We had better be prepared to face the best Romo has to offer or run the risk of hearing that flushing sound as our season heads down the toilet.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Re: BUMBLING COWBOYS FIND TONY ROMO IS FAR FROM TRUSTWORTHY AS SHOWDOWN WITH GIANTS NEARS

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]You know, articles like this worry me. I worry because of the "second half collapse" issues we've been dealing with, both real and imagined. Is it possible an article like this is intended to make us look past the Cowboys as an easy game?

I don't think Romo is close to Eli in terms of ability, but neither do I think he's cannon fodder. We had better be prepared to face the best Romo has to offer or run the risk of hearing that flushing sound as our season heads down the toilet.
    [/quote]Easy big fella step back from the ledge. It's Gary freakin Meyers for cripsake.[]

[quote user="Gianthunter"][quote user="RoanokeFan"]You know, articles like this worry me. I worry because of the "second half collapse" issues we've been dealing with, both real and imagined. Is it possible an article like this is intended to make us look past the Cowboys as an easy game?

[/quote]Easy big fella step back from the ledge. It's Gary freakin Meyers for cripsake.[][/quote]

It could be Alfred E. Newman, it's the mental toughness issue we need to be concerned about. if the team that played last Sunday shows up in Dallas, we win. If the team that played the Saints shows up, we are in big trouble.

No ledge involved, it's a real concern however.

Veteran

[quote user="Gianthunter"][quote user="RoanokeFan"]You know, articles like this worry me. I worry because of the "second half collapse" issues we've been dealing with, both real and imagined. Is it possible an article like this is intended to make us look past the Cowboys as an easy game?

[/quote]Easy big fella step back from the ledge. It's Gary freakin Meyers for cripsake.[][/quote]

Lol exactly. He also picked Dallas to win on This Week In Football.

Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Whatever[:|] I consider the source and move on. Have fun

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]You know, articles like this worry me.* I worry because of the "second half collapse" issues we've been dealing with, both real and imagined.* Is it possible an article like this is intended to make us look past the Cowboys as an easy game?

I don't think Romo is close to Eli in terms of ability, but neither do I think he's cannon fodder.* We had better be prepared to face the best Romo has to offer or run the risk of hearing that flushing sound as our season heads down the toilet.
    [/quote]

No offense, but against the Giants, there's no such thing as a Cannon Fodder quarterback and if I was the coaching staff, I would remind the Giants D, that they made Matt Moore and Charlie "Freaking" Whitehurst look like probowl quarterbacks.

[quote user="BJacobs aka The Problem"][quote user="RoanokeFan"]You know, articles like this worry me. I worry because of the "second half collapse" issues we've been dealing with, both real and imagined. Is it possible an article like this is intended to make us look past the Cowboys as an easy game?

[/quote]

No offense, but against the Giants, there's no such thing as a Cannon Fodder quarterback and if I was the coaching staff, I would remind the Giants D, that they made Matt Moore and Charlie "Freaking" Whitehurst look like probowl quarterbacks.[/quote]

agreed

All-Pro

[quote user="BJacobs aka The Problem"][quote user="RoanokeFan"]You know, articles like this worry me. I worry because of the "second half collapse" issues we've been dealing with, both real and imagined. Is it possible an article like this is intended to make us look past the Cowboys as an easy game?

[/quote] No offense, but against the Giants, there's no such thing as a Cannon Fodder quarterback and if I was the coaching staff, I would remind the Giants D, that they made Matt Moore and Charlie "Freaking" Whitehurst look like probowl quarterbacks.[/quote]

Dont forget about Rex Grossman!

[quote user="TuckYou"]

[/quote] No offense, but against the Giants, there's no such thing as a Cannon Fodder quarterback and if I was the coaching staff, I would remind the Giants D, that they made Matt Moore and Charlie "Freaking" Whitehurst look like probowl quarterbacks.[/quote]

Dont forget about Rex Grossman!

[/quote]

Have watched a couple of the Cowboys games, it has happened before and will happen again, Romo starts throwing to his favorite target, the TE in the 4th quarter and somehow he will be left uncovered.

With what I have seen from Fewell this past month Eli better be prepared to put up another 35 points.

Forget the Past, Live for the Future!