+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats your personal Big Board at 32?

Re: Whats your personal Big Board at 32?

I see Zebrie Sanders on your list and I kinda threw up in my mouth a little. I went to FSU so I spend a lot of time watching their games. I do not like what I have seen out of him at all. His measurables are very nice, he is an athlete and looks the part. But thats about all there is nice to say about his game at this point.

I would not touch him until much further into the draft than you suggest.

[quote user="Raptor22"]I'm hesitant to say that Hill is a "poor man's" Randy Moss, given Moss' rather... unique motor.

Hill's ceiling might not be as high as Moss' (what with Moss being (arguably) the second biggest TD threat in league history... that's a lot to expect from any prospect), but barring a good talk with him, I have to assume his floor is higher.
    [/quote]

Yea, I know. But lets ignore the character, their skill sets are very similar. Hill has amazing speed AND body control AND leaping skills AND great hands (altho he'll take his eye off at times). Not even fitzgerald has elite speed, nor did terrell owens have great hands and leaping ability, mike wallace has the speed hill does but doesnt have the jump ball skills hill has, ochocinco doesnt have that speed, etc. I keep going and talking about all the great big play receivers in the NFL... but the fact remains, Stephen Hill has a damn near perfect skill set when it comes to making big plays vertically... just like Randy Moss. Its not really about the production itself, its how Moss made those plays

He has tremendous upside to develop into one of the best deep threats in the NFL early on in his career. Exceptionally rare overall skill set. Just needs to develop a route tree, some savvy, technique, and understand how to read coverages/sit in holes. I think he has a great ceiling, personally. But we're all entitled to our opinions

[quote user="Neverend"]As for the list I'd switch around a few things. I'd remove Allen and insert Fleener Not as high on randle as some. I don't see anything spetacular to his game. I don't see game breaking speed, don't see much explosiveness, or much quickness. Seems a little slow-twich out of his breaks at times. I think he lacks upside. Most of his big plays in college was because he set people up with double moves/fakes, not because he has elite speed and jump ball ability. Hes made some plays that way but not very often. To me his strengths are finding the holes in the zone, having reliable/good hands, working the middle, and being a solid possession threat. 1 receiver though? Don't see it. I don't think he's in the class with the top receivers in this draft in regards to jump ball skills (floyd, blackmon, jeffery) nor quickness/burst out of his cuts. He's just about above average to decent at everything, great at nothing. He was a big play guy tho.. but personally wouldnt draft him until the 2nd round Would also remove hayward. An elite zone corner but a little to inconsistent in man and lets receivers get behind him at times. 2nd round prospect imo. If you read zebrie sanders scouting report on cbs you'd think hes a top 5, all-pro potential type of prospect but watching him in games its a whole different story. Not 1st round talent, too damn raw.[/quote] I coulden't agree more about Rueben Randle.. I've never been that high on him, and he just reminds me to much of DHB for some reason, or even Pierre Garcon, and neither are complete WR's, which is what you try to get when picking in First RD.. I have Sanu, Criner, McNutt, all rated higher then Randle, and see them all being bigger impact WR's in the pros, at least more consistent.. I see Randle as the type that has the occasional big game, but dosen/'t show up more oftent then not...

My realistic big board at 32 would be this

1. Whitney Mercilus DE Illinois- Doubt hes there, but if he is, he'd be my top ranked player...

2. Dwayne Allen TE Clemson- I'm still sold on Allen, and think hes gonna be a Fred Davis type player with a better QB(ELI), and less off field issues...

3. Devon Still DT Penn St- Tough to believe he might be there, but if he is, very tempting to pair with Linval down the line, with Marv Austin also on board...

4. Doug Martin RB Boise St- A complete RB who can also Return kicks, and as i've always said, reminds me of the next Ray Rice/MJD back, and with our starting WR's and Bradshaw, we'd have some kinda offensive firepower if everyone stays healthy..

5. Coby Fleener TE Stanford- Very talented TE, that would make life easier for Cruz and Nicks on the outside..

6. Peter Konz C Wisconsin- I think he could drop, just becuase of his positon, and if he does, could be tempting, as hes also got the size to be a G and could be very versatile lineman for us, and also open up holes on the inside for our running game..

7. Jerel Worthy DT Michigan St- I think the Giants are gonna be very high on Worthy, with his upside, and being a positon we really think highly about, and would not be surprised if hes the pick if all these players were somehow still available...

8. Mahhamed Sanu WR Rutgers

9. Alshon Jeffery WR S.Carolina

10. Mike Adams OT Ohio St

[quote user="BlueSanta"]I see Zebrie Sanders on your list and I kinda threw up in my mouth a little. I went to FSU so I spend a lot of time watching their games. I do not like what I have seen out of him at all. His measurables are very nice, he is an athlete and looks the part. But thats about all there is nice to say about his game at this point.

I would not touch him until much further into the draft than you suggest.
    [/quote] I coulden't agree more about Sanders... Hes looked awful when i've seen him, and as u said, outside of measurables, has not shown me enough on field, to warrrent 1st rd consideration.. I'd much rather go with a guy like Osemele then i would Sanders, if we were helll bent on going oline in RD 1, and guys like Adams, Konz, and glenn were off the board... Osemele is a guy i think kinda gets a bit overlooked, and with those long arms, and big frame, and ability to top out as a LT, and possibly versatile enough to play either RT/G or LT, i'd be ineterested...

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]I coulden't agree more about Rueben Randle.. I've never been that high on him, and he just reminds me to much of DHB for some reason, or even Pierre Garcon, and neither are complete WR's, which is what you try to get when picking in First RD..* I have Sanu, Criner, McNutt, all rated higher then Randle, and see them all being bigger impact WR's in the pros, at least more consistent.. I see Randle as the type that has the occasional big game, but dosen/'t show up more oftent then not[/quote]

I agree. I don't see him all that much better than sanu, criner, or mcnutt. I can see him being a maclin type receiver in the nfl in regards to production. he obviously doesnt have maclin's speed and quickness coming out but might have a similar career in the nfl. A guy who can sit in holes, work the middle, and occassionally make a big play but for the most part will only average 40-50 receiving yrds per game like maclin

Anyway for a big board I'll put it like this:

1) Malcolm Floyd - Ridiculous and no chance at 32, right? But.. I've seen him slipping in mock drafts, often going into the 20s and even as low to houston. If the texans take hightower.... who knows?

2) Stephen Hill - Hes very raw, but the upside with this man is tremendous

3) Coby Fleener - Has the skill set to be an elite receiver in the NFL -- both at WR and TE. Polished, explosive, technically refined, has the complete package

4) Janoris Jenkins - He is as complete and dominant of a cover guy as they come. I see few weaknesses to his game as a cover corner. Should develop into a shut down guy within the first few years of career

5) Doug Martin - Big fan. His talents and running style gives him a smooth tarnsition into the nfl. reminds me a lot of a legrratte blount/ray rice running style. Just stays so low and runs like a bowling ball

6) Mohammed Sanu - anyone who thinks this guy wont get separation in the nfl is either a moron or is just speaking out of pure ignorance. hes extremely sharp as a route runner, is smooth and has a nice burst out of his breaks, and has a great savvy getting open. not a vertical receiver by any means but is a crabtree/boldin type prospect to me

7) David Wilson - Wouldnt hate the pick. hes a great talent. just needs to be more consistent and take what the defense gives him

8) Andre Branch - really dislike how he got shutdown by fsu's tackles, but has nice upside

9) dwayne allen - dont know where his stock is right now. but a solid, solid threat. The way he contorts his body with his soft hands reminds me a lot of jermichael finley. very safe prospect to draft and you know what you're getting

10) alshon jeffery - reports and draft scouts criticize him for lack of separation out of his cuts. but imo, jeffery has absolutely elite body control and ball skills. i think he can compensate for his lack of quickness/technique at the top of his routes with his catching raidus and great box out skills. I see him as a Marques Colston type in the nfl (altho jeffery isnt as good against press cvg and getting open against zone as colston is, but those are areas he can develop)

Just barely missed the cut:
    hightower (not really sure hes a fit in a 4-3, could shed about 10 pounds)
    worthy, thompson

Can't see merilus, kuechly, richardson, or still making it to 32

[quote user="nevada11"]Of the prospects ur expecting to be there or possibly be there

1) Kendall wright
    2) rebuen randle
    3) luke khuechly
    4) dwayne allen
    5) stephen hill
    6) siltolu
    7) bobbie massie
    8) mike adams
    9) zebrie sanders
    10) casey hayward[/quote]

I don't like Kendall Wright at all and don't think Randle is good value for the 1st round. Its pretty crazy to have those guys ahead of Khuechly

Bench Player

WR? RB? In the first round? we are gonna use our 1st round pick for the 3rd WR spot?

There are only 4 positions I would consider, interior OL, OT, DT, DE.

BPA ofthose four, and if you don't love anyone... trade up or down because this team needs to upgrade the oline and build dline depth. Wewill lose/don't resign Tolly, R Bernard, KMac, S Andrews. Diehl is getting old and his play is mediocre, I expect Osi to leave next year or get traded sooner. The chances they take a WR are 0.0%

1)Cordy Glen

2)M Brockers

3)W Mercilus

4)P Konz

5)D Still

6)M Adams

7)K Osemele

8)J Worthy

+ Reply to Thread