+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thoughts on Cedric Benson

If you give him enough carries he'll go for 1000. Could be a low priced back-up that we are looking for.

Re: Thoughts on Cedric Benson

If he were extremely cheap, then okay. Personally, I'd rather give Scott the opportunity or draft a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round.

I've never been crazy about Benson, including when he had good years.

Veteran

[quote user="Gmenfan87"]If you give him enough carries he'll go for 1000. Could be a low priced back-up that we are looking for.[/quote]Well I think that is your problem right there. Heck, if you give me enough carries I will go for 1000 too. Not a ringing endorsement. For vet min, Droughns type of deal I'd give him a shot, but I doubt he will sign for that.

Why has everyone just given up on da'rell scott? Nobody wants to give this kid a shot?

All-Pro

I think they like Scott. Last year was tough for rookies with the lock out.

I trust the picks Reese makes and I think JJ and Scott will contribute this year.

You have to love his blazing speed. I know it was pre season, but man he was fast on those TD runs.

So we're just going to keep working our way down the FA RB list then, are we?

[quote user="Gmenfan87"]If you give him enough carries he'll go for 1000. Could be a low priced back-up that we are looking for.[/quote]

By enough carries you mean like 2400.

[quote user="Gmenfan87"]If you give him enough carries he'll go for 1000. Could be a low priced back-up that we are looking for.[/quote]

Pass...

He would routinely pick up 100 yards rushing for the Bengals but only when given 30+ carries. Nothing impressive about him at all

[quote user="Flip Empty"]So we're just going to keep working our way down the FA RB list then, are we?[/quote]

Lol, who's below Benson after he signs with someone else? Is Shaun Alexander still kicking around? Corey Dillon?

[quote user="jparmer"]Why has everyone just given up on da'rell scott? Nobody wants to give this kid a shot?[/quote]I think all of us want to see him get his chance but right now no one has any confidence because we haven't seen anything from him yet