+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

JPP & 2010 NFL Draft

Remember when some Giants Fans wanted Rolando McClain #15?

Also some Giants Fans wanted the Giants to trade up. I will say this im not going to lie I wanted a MLB at the time because Pierce was cut and I was hoping the Giants could find a guy that could fill the void but I was also quite happy with JPP #15 because I was willing to give him a chance and sure enough JPP has become a stud/pro-bowl DE in his 2nd second season. I give a lot of credit to Jerry Resse he is the man, we are fortunate to have a great GM like him. I trust Jerry Resse.
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Re: JPP & 2010 NFL Draft

Reese was very high on Spiller in 2010 and he would have been Reese's first choice...then McClain, then JPP.

I admit I didn't want JPP and I was literally praying the Giants wouldn't take him but...I'm happy I was wrong about him. He's been phenomenal.

i wasn't a huge fan of the pick at the time, i didn't hate the pick either though, i thought he would b a project that would take 4 years to make a big impact, but JPP has become my favorite player on this team, crazy how things work out

Will admit, I was scared to death it was even reported the giants really liked JPP. JPP was everyone's popular "boom or bust" pick and people made it out to seem like he had poor work ethic and wasnt very intelligent so people just thought he would underachieve in the NFL

Credit to reese, best pick hes made

Yeah, I was annoyed when JPP was drafted. Well.. more annoyed at Oakland for seemingly stealing Rolando.
    It's great that it's worked out the way it has.

[quote user="titwio"]Reese was very high on Spiller in 2010 and he would have been Reese's first choice...then McClain, then JPP.

I admit I didn't want JPP and I was literally praying the Giants wouldn't take him but...I'm happy I was wrong about him. He's been phenomenal.[/quote]
    +1. I wanted McClain, but I wasn't trading up for him. I wanted Weatherspoon as well, but I knew that he was a reach at that spot so I was okay with JPP. I was sick about not getting a top LB, but I have liked our "never enough DE's" philosophy.

Veteran

[quote user="Antwuan"]Remember when some Giants Fans wanted Rolando McClain #15?

Also some Giants Fans wanted the Giants to trade up. I will say this im not going to lie I wanted a MLB at the time because Pierce was cut and I was hoping the Giants could find a guy that could fill the void but I was also quite happy with JPP #15 because I was willing to give him a chance and sure enough JPP has become a stud/pro-bowl DE in his 2nd second season. I give a lot of credit to Jerry Resse he is the man, we are fortunate to have a great GM like him. I trust Jerry Resse.[/quote]

This football outsiders article is good for a laugh in retrospect:

[link]http://www.footballoutsiders.com/nfl-draft/2010/introducing-sackseer[/link]

[quote user="titwio"]Reese was very high on Spiller in 2010 and he would have been Reese's first choice...then McClain, then JPP..[/quote]

We dont know this at all. Its purely speculation.

Just like supposedly the giants thought heyward-bey was the best WR in the Nicks draft.

Veteran

In back-to-back years Jerry Reese has drafted 2 players that are top 10 in the NFL at their position. Best GM in football period.

I would go as far and say Nicks and JPP are top 5 and JPP may even be the best in the league at his position.