+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

A question for Giant fans

Name at least 5 to 10 games that were trap games or games you thought that were an easy win and you guys lost. Can you guys think of any off hand? It seems like the Packers have at least a couple games a year where they lose to a lesser team like the Chiefs for example.

Re: A question for Giant fans

It happens every year... Redskins twice, eagles without Vick, Seahawks... Just from last year...

that game against Cleveland in 2008 comes to mind almost immediately. My god was that embarrassing.

I see any game in which the Giants are listed as favourites as a trap game. I picked the Seahawks to win that game last season.

There were several this past year. The second redskins game was one.

The NFC East is really tough, so other than Washington, there is guarantees.

I am really having a hard time thinking of games that I thought as 'easy'. I have to say that the Gmen always seem to draw a very tough schedule.

Back when the Cardinals were in the NFC east they were always 'trap games'. Cleveland in 2008... so accurate there. I remember losing to the Jets in the last game of the season when the Jets were bad that would have given us a playoff birth and we lost. UGH....

We once played Atlanta with a backup QB and he roasted us. Doug Johnson I believe his name was. For the love of Pete he was awful but he beat us for sure.

There were a lot of games over the years I thought the Giants should have won. It's really hard to call them 'trap games' because the skill level in the league for the most part is pretty close.

Scoops

[quote user="scoopscj"]Back when the Cardinals were in the NFC east they were always 'trap games'. Cleveland in 2008... so accurate there. I remember losing to the Jets in the last game of the season when the Jets were bad that would have given us a playoff birth and we lost. UGH....

We once played Atlanta with a backup QB and he roasted us. Doug Johnson I believe his name was. For the love of Pete he was awful but he beat us for sure.

There were a lot of games over the years I thought the Giants should have won. It's really hard to call them 'trap games' because the skill level in the league for the most part is pretty close.

Scoops

[/quote]

I remember the Cards playing really tough every year back then. I was always scared of them. Lomax was great, and later on, Anthony Thompson was excellent against us.

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"]that game against Cleveland in 2008 comes to mind almost immediately. My god was that embarrassing.[/quote]

LOL on prime time television...... I was so embarassed

what an absolute train wreck
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"][quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"]that game against Cleveland in 2008 comes to mind almost immediately. My god was that embarrassing.[/quote]

LOL on prime time television...... I was so embarassed

what an absolute train wreck
    [/quote]

Now that I think back, I do remember it.... that was crazy. But those games seem to pop-up their ugly heads once in a while.

I remember back in 1997 when the Packers were 8-2 playing the 0-10 Colts and we lost 41-38 on a game winning field goal at the buzzer. That was embarassing.