+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worth a trade

Hybrid View

Re: Worth a trade

I'm sold. But everybody wants another run at SB w/osi in rotation instead of setting up our MLB position for a decade. Not to say we even make a run w/ osi or that we can't with Luke.

[quote user="bleedblue78"]I'm sold. But everybody wants another run at SB w/osi in rotation instead of setting up our MLB position for a decade. Not to say we even make a run w/ osi or that we can't with Luke.[/quote]

He didn't say trading Osi. Could be a trade in draft picks. I can only fathom it IF he fell into the 20s, which I would still put as unlikely.

All-Pro

Trading up for a linebacker? No thanks.

[quote user="lawl"]Trading up for a linebacker? No thanks.[/quote] to each their own but with the amount if greatness to ever play the game, especially at LB, trading up is warranted for the MLB position.

"nfl scouts you can stop drooling"

Hilarity

Luke looks like an elite athlete here. Sideline to sideline speed and routinely showed a tremendous closing burst.

Anyone who thinks he might struggle playing man coverage in the nfl needs to look at this video.

[quote user="Neverend"]"nfl scouts you can stop drooling"

Hilarity

Luke looks like an elite athlete here. Sideline to sideline speed and routinely showed a tremendous closing burst.

Anyone who thinks he might struggle playing man coverage in the nfl needs to look at this video.[/quote]I couldn't believe how quickly he closed on the ball carrier, it looked like he was the only one moving at times

So what do you have to give up to go to the 15 spot to grab him? 1,3,4 most likely? That's a lot of picks to give up for a linebacker.

[quote user="Neverend"]"nfl scouts you can stop drooling"

Hilarity

Anyone who thinks he might struggle playing man coverage in the nfl needs to look at this video.[/quote]Struggled against CLemson in coverage

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Neverend"]"nfl scouts you can stop drooling"

Hilarity

Anyone who thinks he might struggle playing man coverage in the nfl needs to look at this video.[/quote]Struggled against CLemson in coverage[/quote]

dont think it was that bad, tho that clemson game had exclusively all zone cvg. his route recognition, awareness, and speed recovering from playaction can be a little better and at times he did struggle locating the ball in the air. but i think hes still an excellent zone corner, as long as he reads the qb, recognizes routes, and gets depth its good enough for me

like that seam route late in the game to watkins. he had great depth but watkins was able to leap too high for luke to make a play on that. I think thats what you want from a LB dropping deep -- if he can effect the flight of the throw and force a QB to sail it high or float it, then the linebacker did his job in zone. That watkins catch is a good example. And in zone cvg kuechly always does an excellent job of giving up no extra yardage underneath.

Game wasnt perfect for him but nothing that seems like it would be a major liability in the nfl imo