+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Worth a trade

Re: Worth a trade

[quote user="wideright91"][quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="Spizi"][quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="Spizi"][quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"]So what do you have to give up to go to the 15 spot to grab him? 1,3,4 most likely? That's a lot of picks to give up for a linebacker.[/quote]

not even close. it will be at least a 1, 2, and 3 according to the trade value chart which is obviously outdated. I mean look at what the redskins gave up for RGIII or what the falcons gave up for Julio Jones.

according to the trade value chart, the redskins should only have had to give up their whole draft this year. everyone knows they gave up way more than that.[/quote]

1, 1, 3, 6, based on what the skins did. thats a lot man[/quote]
    yeah i know. way too much. if we had an average GM i would say go for it, but knowing what JR can do with a 7th rounder I would never give any picks away.[/quote]
    I kind of think if the option is there, he should trade out of the first round and get an early 2nd and an extra 3rd and 5th.[/quote]

Great instincts & motor--but am I the only one who still thinks he's a 3-4 ILB at the NFL level?* I know he blew up the combine, but on tape, he still looks slow to me.* Anyone?*
    [/quote]

Not an ideal as a 3-4 ILB. Luke doesnt have the size and isnt stout enough. Not taking a shot at the guy been a huge fan of his for years just saying. He isnt much of a pass rusher either

If Luke was available to houston and baltimore, it wouldn't completely shock me if they value hightower more for their schemes.Then again hightower getting drafted above kuechly sounds like a joke

Bench Player

The Int he ran for a TD shows he has great speed and recognition. If he can make it through ARI, SEA, NE, PITT, HOU, and BAL he comes to the NY Giants.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="wideright91"]on tape, he still looks slow to me. Anyone?
    [/quote]

pretty sure its just you.[/quote]

I think it's his way of saying he's white?

[quote user="bLuereverie"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="wideright91"]on tape, he still looks slow to me.* Anyone?*
    [/quote]

pretty sure its just you.[/quote]

I think it's his way of saying he's white?
    [/quote]one of the fastest white LBs I've seen in a while. faster than Urlacher and Lee if u ask me.

He's plenty fast when compared to anyone. period

We won two Super Bowls with MLB starters who weren't even drafted.

No disrespect to Luke, but I'd be disappointed if we used more than one pick to get a single LB.

Then again, Reese is the talent scout and I'm the complaining fan. . .and I love it that way!

Go G-Men~
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

[quote user="Neverend"]"nfl scouts you can stop drooling"

Hilarity

Luke looks like an elite athlete here. Sideline to sideline speed and routinely showed a tremendous closing burst.

Anyone who thinks he might struggle playing man coverage in the nfl needs to look at this video.[/quote]Struggled against CLemson in coverage

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="wideright91"]on tape, he still looks slow to me. Anyone?
    [/quote] pretty sure its just you.[/quote]He isnt slow. The thing that bothers me is his lower body.He isnt very stout.I think he might be more of a WLB. This is the same gut that got trucked by the UCF QB.

Here are some other games that I did. I show a lot more snaps then this guys vids

interestingly enough, luke only had 9 total measely tackles in that game compared to his usual 16 plus. Maybe thats why that vid doesnt have that many snaps I guess

Agree tho, he isnt very stout. I wonder if thats so much of a concern that 3-4 teams will have a lower grade on him? Imagine Hightower and kuechly available to the texans and they take hightower? Would be incredible

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Neverend"]"nfl scouts you can stop drooling"

Hilarity

Luke looks like an elite athlete here. Sideline to sideline speed and routinely showed a tremendous closing burst.

Anyone who thinks he might struggle playing man coverage in the nfl needs to look at this video.[/quote]Struggled against CLemson in coverage[/quote]

dont think it was that bad, tho that clemson game had exclusively all zone cvg. his route recognition, awareness, and speed recovering from playaction can be a little better and at times he did struggle locating the ball in the air. but i think hes still an excellent zone corner, as long as he reads the qb, recognizes routes, and gets depth its good enough for me

like that seam route late in the game to watkins. he had great depth but watkins was able to leap too high for luke to make a play on that. I think thats what you want from a LB dropping deep -- if he can effect the flight of the throw and force a QB to sail it high or float it, then the linebacker did his job in zone. That watkins catch is a good example. And in zone cvg kuechly always does an excellent job of giving up no extra yardage underneath.

Game wasnt perfect for him but nothing that seems like it would be a major liability in the nfl imo

+ Reply to Thread