+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Worth a trade

Re: Worth a trade

[quote user="Neverend"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Neverend"]"nfl scouts you can stop drooling"

Hilarity

Luke looks like an elite athlete here. Sideline to sideline speed and routinely showed a tremendous closing burst.

Anyone who thinks he might struggle playing man coverage in the nfl needs to look at this video.[/quote]Struggled against CLemson in coverage[/quote]

dont think it was that bad, tho that clemson game had exclusively all zone cvg. his route recognition, awareness, and speed recovering from playaction can be a little better and at times he did struggle locating the ball in the air. but i think hes still an excellent zone corner, as long as he reads the qb, recognizes routes, and gets depth its good enough for me

like<font style="font-weight: bold;" size="3"> <u><font size="4">that seam route late in the game to watkins</font></u></font>. he had great depth but watkins was able to leap too high for luke to make a play on that. I think thats what you want from a LB dropping deep -- if he can effect the flight of the throw and force a QB to sail it high or float it, then the linebacker did his job in zone. That watkins catch is a good example. And in zone cvg kuechly always does an excellent job of giving up no extra yardage underneath.

Game wasnt perfect for him but nothing that seems like it would be a major liability in the nfl imo[/quote]<font size="2">Getting a little off subject, but Sammy Watkins is the real deal. Wish he would have stayed and played his college ball in state.</font>

<font size="2">Kuechly is a great prospect, but I'm not in favor in trading up for him and I don't see the Giants making a move like that either. </font>

[quote user="bLuereverie"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="wideright91"]on tape, he still looks slow to me. Anyone?
    [/quote]

pretty sure its just you.[/quote]

I think it's his way of saying he's white?
    [/quote]

[quote user="bLuereverie"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="wideright91"]on tape, he still looks slow to me. Anyone?
    [/quote]

pretty sure its just you.[/quote]

I think it's his way of saying he's white?
    [/quote]

No, it's my way of saying he doesn't have as much recovery speed as
    you'd like to see out of a first round prospect. Lest ye forget, we
    play in the same division as Michael Vick, LeSean McCoy and, next year, RG3. Our
    linebackers need to be athletic.

Watch the UCF game highlights--he makes a lot of plays, but he also gets torched &amp; bulled over by some inferior talent.
    Even in that heralded Miami game, he gets caught out of position a
    couple of times, and doesn't have the wheels to make up for it. I don't think he's the next
    Urlacher--he's probably more like the next Dan Connor. (Which is good, just not great.)
    I'd much rather see us take a later pick on Levante David, Zach Brown,
    or Bobby Wagner--or let our 2011 picks develop.

Don't get me wrong: he's a solid prospect who would be a solid
    Giant--I think he'd be the kind of player whose recognition skills would put him in position to make plays, not to mention a fantastic defensive field general--I'm just
    not as sold on him as a lot of other folks seem to be, and think it'd be
    a mistake to *trade up* for him--the subject of this post.

He is decent but not great in coverage. If Jacory Harris could throw a deal ball he would have been burned for a deep TD.
    His pick was OK. Chase Blackburn basically made the same play against Rodgers during the regular season. The return was special though. He made and awkward catch and was at full speed in a few steps.

Not a whole lot on that video of him taking a TE up the field. His sideline to sideline play is exceptional though.

Worth burning multiple picks for ? Not in this defense, not in todays NFL when pure cover guys are at a premium and LB stock is way down.