+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GIANTS HOSTING ASU CORNERBACK OMAR BOLDEN FOR A PRE-DRAFT VISIT

Re: GIANTS HOSTING ASU CORNERBACK OMAR BOLDEN FOR A PRE-DRAFT VISIT

Can't go wrong with drafting another CB. Lord knows we didn't have enough of them last year.

CB is one of those positions that you can never have enough good players b/c you need so many of them just to function on defense. Especially now with all of the multuple WR sets out there. you gotta be able to match up.

All Hail The New York Giants!!

[quote user="Eli TO Shockey"][quote user="Kruunch"]This is normal for the Giants ... looking for first round talent in the 3rd round.

However his lack of size (5'10), our current pool of CBs and the depth of talent between the 2nd and 4th rounds in this draft make it highly unlikely (in my mind) that we go this direction.

I wonder how many of these media released workouts are red herrrings?[/quote]

Since when is 5'10 small for a cb?[/quote]

Since all of our starting CBs are 6'+ (including the one who just left in free agency).
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="VegasGmen"]All this means is that we will NOT draft Bolden. Giants never draft players they bring in for a visit.[/quote]

Actually the giants quite often draft players they bring in. They brought JPP in for instance.

Bolden is shorter, but he is 202 pounds, thickly built and very physical.[/quote]

Name another draft pick above the 5th round that we brought in for a workout and then drafted.

We didn't even bring Eli in ... we went to see him.

We're generally very very quiet about who we have workout for us (pre-draft).
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"]Name another draft pick above the 5th round that we brought in for a workout and then drafted.[/quote]

Manningham. Im sure there are many more.

Bringing in a player doesnt mean anything about whether they will draft him or not, but they dont bring in guys just to mislead other teams. Reese has said many times that they only bring in guys they have some interest in.

All-Pro

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Kruunch"]Name another draft pick above the 5th round that we brought in for a workout and then drafted.[/quote]

Manningham. Im sure there are many more.

Bringing in a player doesnt mean anything about whether they will draft him or not, but they dont bring in guys just to mislead other teams. Reese has said many times that they only bring in guys they have some interest in.[/quote]

We brought in Jernigan

+ Reply to Thread