+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TEBOWMANIA! JETS WITH THE HEADLINES, GIANTS WIN THE TROPHIES

TEBOWMANIA! JETS WITH THE HEADLINES, GIANTS WIN THE TROPHIES

"At this hour the New York Jets are
    introducing Tim Tebow, their
    new backup quarterback, to the assembled media at a packed press conference in
    Florham Park. The New York Giants?
    Well, things are quiet in East Rutherford.<div class="entry-body">

This is the type of day that illustrates the difference between the two New
    York franchises. The Jets are, as they usually do, enjoying the offseason
    limelight. They are making all the headlines, getting all the back pages. The
    Giants? They are just quietly going about their business, enjoying their fourth
    Super Bowl championship, filling holes with useful bargain free agents and
    re-signing as many of their own players as they can. </p>

There are no splashy headlines coming from the Giants. Unless, of course, you
    count John Mara poking fun at the Jets Tebow press conference with
    this snide remark:</p>

" ... the David Carr press
    conference will be tomorrow, too."
    </p>
    <p class="extend-divide"><a name="storyjump"></a></p>

Jets owner Woody Johnson can say that the Tebow move is all about winning. It's entirely possible
    that in Johnson's mind it actually is about winning. History shows us, though,
    that the Giants know how to get that done. The Jets? Not so much.</p>

The Giants have had their share of distractions and malcontents over the
    years. Tiki Barber, <a class="sbn-auto-link" href="http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/2252/jeremy-shockey">Jeremy
    Shockey</a>, <a class="sbn-auto-link" href="http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/2208/plaxico-burress">Plaxico
    Burress</a> among them. Lately, Osi Umenyiora
    and to a lesser extent Antrel Rolle
    and <a class="sbn-auto-link" href="http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/2224/brandon-jacobs">Brandon
    Jacobs</a>. What happens to these guys with the Giants? They are weeded out, or,
    at some point they seem to realize that the Giants are a class organization that
    wins -- a pretty good place for a player to be. Umenyiora, Rolle and Jacobs, who
    seemingly still pines for a return to the team, fall into that category.</p>

The Jets? They collect distractions. They have a coach in Rex Ryan who is a
    living, breathing distraction. He just can't help but talk more than he should.
    They went throught the Brett Favre
    circus. Made the splashy move of signing Burress last offseason. Now, they are
    hitching a ride on Tebowmania.</p>

While the Giants were 'All In" down the stretch of 2011, the Jets were a
    fractured, feuding mess. Whatever the Jets say about how they will use Tebow,
    his presence is certainly not going to heal the rifts in the Jets' locker
    room.</p>

With Tebow, and the Tebow-Mark Sanchez quarterback his arrival in New York
    automatically creates, the Jets are guaranteed to dominate the headlines. Of
    course, probably for all the wrong reasons.</p>

When will the Giants show up on the back page? I think you know the answer to
    that."</p></div>

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Re: TEBOWMANIA! JETS WITH THE HEADLINES, GIANTS WIN THE TROPHIES

Jets headline</P>

</P>

</P>

Giants headline</P>

</P>

Giants fan since the early 80s

[quote user="ny06"]

Jets headline</p>

</p>

</p>

Giants headline</p>

</p>[/quote]

<p style="text-align: center;"></p>

Even before they got Tebow, I knew that it would be impossible to keep the Jets off of the front page for one reason or another.

As much as I am a Giants fan, I think Sanchez has it rough right now. But I think its not as much his fault. Coaching staff has put him in bad spot trying to make him an Eli, Peyton, Brees, Rodgers etc. throw 59 times!

You are playing the best d-line in the league and Sanchez 64 pass attempts and sacked 5 times. It doesn't surprise me with Schottenheimer coaching the offense.

Just like his pops Marty. What coach gets fired after a 14-2 season?

Its going to be a rough year for the Jets. They will grab headlines, while the Gmen grab the trophys.

[quote user="NyGiants33"]As much as I am a Giants fan, I think Sanchez has it rough right now. But I think its not as much his fault. Coaching staff has put him in bad spot trying to make him an Eli, Peyton, Brees, Rodgers etc. throw 59 times!

You are playing the best d-line in the league and Sanchez 64 pass attempts and sacked 5 times. It doesn't surprise me with Schottenheimer coaching the offense.

Its going to be a rough year for the Jets. They will grab headlines, while the Gmen grab the trophys.[/quote]

Marty was a great coach. Sanchez is an awful QB. I'd easily trade him for a 3rd if I could even get that.

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="NyGiants33"]As much as I am a Giants fan, I think Sanchez has it rough right now. But I think its not as much his fault. Coaching staff has put him in bad spot trying to make him an Eli, Peyton, Brees, Rodgers etc. throw 59 times!

Its going to be a rough year for the Jets. They will grab headlines, while the Gmen grab the trophys.[/quote]

Marty was a great coach. Sanchez is an awful QB. I'd easily trade him for a 3rd if I could even get that.[/quote]

Marty didn't win a playoff game with the Chargers in all those years with a pretty stacked team.

[quote user="NyGiants33"][quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="NyGiants33"]As much as I am a Giants fan, I think Sanchez has it rough right now. But I think its not as much his fault. Coaching staff has put him in bad spot trying to make him an Eli, Peyton, Brees, Rodgers etc. throw 59 times!

Marty was a great coach. Sanchez is an awful QB. I'd easily trade him for a 3rd if I could even get that.[/quote]

Marty didn't win a playoff game with the Chargers in all those years with a pretty stacked team.[/quote]
    It's hard to win a playoff game if your kicker misses 4 field goals, or if your QB throws a ton of INT's, or your star running back fumbles it a bunch. He always had the worst luck where one player would screw it up for him at some point in the game.

Bench Player

[quote user="JJC7301"]Even before they got Tebow, I knew that it would be impossible to keep the Jets off of the front page for one reason or another.[/quote]
    It was largest press conference in Jets history