+ Reply to Thread

Thread: With the 32nd Pick in the 2012 NFL Draft ...

With the 32nd Pick in the 2012 NFL Draft ...

Who the heck do we pick out of this list?

Mark Barron (SS)
    Coby Fleener (TE)
    Stephen Hill (WR)
    Doug Martin (RB)
    Mike Adams (OT)
    Kendal Reyes (DT)
    Zach Brown (OLB)
    Donta Hightower (ILB)
    Andre Branch (DE)

These are all players I've heard associated with our first pick and whom most (if not all) should be available when we pick (I didn't include dark horse drops such as Devon Still or Luke Kuechly).

Who would you pick (or place in order of preference)?

P.S. - Give your reasons.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Re: With the 32nd Pick in the 2012 NFL Draft ...

My order of rating these guys:

Mark Barron (SS) - Of the possibles I think this is the pick, both on upcoming need (Phillips is an FA next year and Rolle could very well be a cap casualty in the near future) and is BPA (best Safety in the draft).

Coby Fleener (TE) - Best TE in the draft and quite possibly BPA (if Barron is gone) as well as being a definite need. The signing of Bennett and our current view on TEs being the only reason he's not on top.

Doug Martin (RB) - Second best RB in the draft and a definite need. Runs between the tackles and can catch. Nick name "Muscle Hamster". I think we may finally pull the trigger on a RB in the first under Reese..

Kendal Reyes (DT) - Solid gap penetrating DT to replace Chris Canty in the future and/or provide depth around Marvin Austin.

Mike Adams (OT) - Was higher for me but EVERYONE has panned this guy since the Combine. OT is a definite need but I'm starting to get swayed by the nay sayers in that this guy isn't going to be BPA/value at this spot. I still wouldn't mind this pick but the Giants tend to prize athleticism.

Zach Brown (OLB) - Giants just aren't high on LBers and we have a ton coming back. I could see taking this pick and trying to transition Brown into an MLB.

Stephen Hill (WR) - Giants love their athletes but I'm not sure about them loving a fast receiver who can't catch. Hill is currently the sexy up and comer but I'm not sure the Giants go here with their first (especially after having worked out Mohamed Sanu who could be a 3rd round pick now).

Andre Branch (DE) - More of a 3-4 OLB and not a particularly outstanding one. I don't see the Giants going in this direction as Branch doesn't fit the mold of the athletic freaks we tend to like at DE.

Donta Hightower (ILB) - Again not high on LBers and especially ones that would end up being 2 down backers in our current defensive scheme. Not worth the first round stab.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Fleener...........the dude is good

[quote user="Kruunch"]Who the heck do we pick out of this list?

Mark Barron (SS)
    Coby Fleener (TE)
    Stephen Hill (WR)
    Doug Martin (RB)
    Mike Adams (OT)
    Kendal Reyes (DT)
    Zach Brown (OLB)
    Donta Hightower (ILB)
    Andre Branch (DE)

These are all players I've heard associated with our first pick and whom most (if not all) should be available when we pick (I didn't include dark horse drops such as Devon Still or Luke Kuechly).

Who would you pick (or place in order of preference)?

P.S. - Give your reasons.[/quote]In order of who Id want Id have to go

Adams
    Hightower- Isnt worth a 1st round pick to me
    Barron- Best Safety in the class, but its a REAL WEAK class
    Reyes- There are better DTs for our system in the draft
    Hill- I think we're set on WRs and its not worth a 1st round pick
    Fleener- A great TE would be nice but its not too much of a necessity, Eli makes good TEs
    Martin- With a good OL we can have anyone do good in the backfield, I wouldnt drop a 1st round pick on a RB, theyre a dime a dozen these days
    Brown- Meh, he just doesnt do it for me
    Branch- Better in a 3-4

Honestly out of the list Id really only want Adams in the 1st
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

I'd Say best player available:

IMO C. Fleener (TE) is the flat out best of this list.

Z. Brown would also be a great pick givin he is one of the most athletic players in the draft and certainly the best athlete at his position.

Mike Adams is a great player but i worry about his strength and dedication. 19 reps at the combine hurts (can always build strength)

Not a fan of Martin, Branch, or Barron in the first.

We sit at a great place to pick up am athlete like Hill. He is raw but an elite Athlete. Could bust like Heyward-Bay but has the potential to be one of the games great play makers. and with Cruz and Nicks ahead of him he could develope and take advantage of single coverage all the time. (Eli to Hill 1-on-1 with a safety = scary)

Hightower has had up and down ratings and i havnt seen enough of him

I havent seen enough of Reyes to make judgement but I like canty, joseph and im excited to see Austin at DT

Id go:

1. Fleener
    2. Brown
    3. Hill
    4. Adams
    5. Hightower
    then idk

1. Barron (Too much value to pass up. Leader of the best secondary in college football. Incredible athlete with a high football I.Q. and plays physical. High character and played for the best coach and secondary coach in college football. Would also help against the run. Good open field tackler and can get up after a ball. Made one of the most miraculous pass break ups I have ever seen.)

2A. Hightower (sticking with Alabama here. High character and football I.Q. Captain and QB of the best defense in CBF. Great size and speed, plays physical and can also play DE if needed. No one else in this draft like him and despite possibly being a better fit for a 3-4, I think he would bring the physicality in the middle that I think we are missing.)

2B. Coby Fleener (I like TEs and this guy seems a like a surefire star in the NFL. Our offense would be insane with the receivers we have and big target like Fleener in the mix as well).

3. Hill (If our running game is going to continue to completely suck, we might as well be ridiculous in the passing game and another elite WR could put us over the edge in that regard... and with Manningham gone, we could use him.)

4. Martin (I REALLY like Dough Martin and think he could immediately help our running game (won't take much). I don't see him as a first round pick though, but I guess it doesn't really matter if he's as good as I think he could end up being.)

All-Pro

1. Hill- I view WR as our top need. Our 3rd WR plays a ton of snaps. With nicks and cruz being upcoming FAs, im not sure we can pay them both. With hill in the mix we would have a player suited for the outside such that if Cruz walks after next year then we would have Jernigan(who would then be going into his 3rd yr) to step into the slot. On top of all of this, nicks misses games every year, a top talent to fill in for him is a necessity.

2. Fleener- for many of the reasons listed above, he can help fill voids in our offense and he brings a whole new element as well.

With what Eli displayed last year, it is a must to keep our offense loaded.

3. Adams

Everyone else. We do not need a top end RB, we need a guy that can catch some balls for us. No need to waste a high end asset on RB.

All of this said, my gut is telling me that a top DT is going to drop and he's going to be a giant.

+ Reply to Thread