+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

2 Mocks (Post Pro Day) - Which Do You Like Better?

Getting closer to pinning down my final picks as the draft boards start to settle after the Pro Days (although a few are still left).

1) Mark Barron (SS)
    2) Kelechi Osemele (OG)
    3) Ladarius Green (TE)
    4) Chris Rainey (RB)
    4) Coryell Judie (CB)
    5) Marvin McNutt (WR)
    6) Andrew Datko (OT)
    7) Vaughn Meatoga (DT)

- OR -

1) Coby Fleener (TE)
    2) Kelechi Osemele (OG)
    3) Robert Turbin (RB)
    4) Juron Criner (WR)
    4) Coryell Judie (CB)
    5) Marvin McNutt (WR)
    6) Andrew Datko (OT)
    7) Donte Paige-Moss (DE)

*EDIT*: updated to reflect our 4th round compensatory pick.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

All-Pro

Re: 2 Mocks (Post Pro Day) - Which Do You Like Better?

Not interested in a safety in the first round.

I think in this draft we need to come away with a top flight WR, pass catching RB and a damn good DT.

[quote user="lawl"]Not interested in a safety in the first round.

I think in this draft we need to come away with a top flight WR, pass catching RB and a damn good DT.[/quote]1. Stephen Hill
    2. Jared Crick
    3. LaMichael James

Bench Player

I'm not a Draft Guru just a big-time fan who follows and love the game & NY Giants, I can tell you that Reese is not taking Barron in the first round!! Fleener could be in play, but it's going to be the best TE,LB, Offensive lineman on the board with the first round selection. If none of those position have a player Reese think worth a first round selection, then it's anybodies guess with Reese!!

All-Pro

[quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="lawl"]Not interested in a safety in the first round.

I think in this draft we need to come away with a top flight WR, pass catching RB and a damn good DT.[/quote]1. Stephen Hill
    2. Jared Crick
    3. LaMichael James[/quote]

Bada bing, bada boom

All-Pro

[quote user="Harlem2va"]I'm not a Draft Guru just a big-time fan who follows and love the game & NY Giants, I can tell you that Reese is not taking Barron in the first round!! Fleener could be in play, but it's going to be the best TE,LB, Offensive lineman on the board with the first round selection. If none of those position have a player Reese think worth a first round selection, then it's anybodies guess with Reese!![/quote]

I think WR de and dt are all more likely than a LBer. Just my thoughts

[quote user="lawl"]Not interested in a safety in the first round.

I think in this draft we need to come away with a top flight WR, pass catching RB and a damn good DT.[/quote]

I don't see us taking a DT early just from an availability standpoint (unless we reach for one which I doubt).

Historically Reese seems to treat the running back situation lightly. There are a few in this draft I wouldn't mind seeing on the Giants ... just not sure where he'll end up picking one.

I could us making a solid stab at a WR ... I don't think Stephen Hill ... but they were looking at Sanu (assumably as a 2nd round pick).
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Harlem2va"]I'm not a Draft Guru just a big-time fan who follows and love the game & NY Giants, I can tell you that Reese is not taking Barron in the first round!! Fleener could be in play, but it's going to be the best TE,LB, Offensive lineman on the board with the first round selection. If none of those position have a player Reese think worth a first round selection, then it's anybodies guess with Reese!![/quote]

Reese doesn't seem to like LBers in the first round (or at all) and the only Oline I see us getting in the first are either Mike Adams - OT (which everyone as soured on after a poor Combine) or reaching slightly for Zeitler - OG (and we really don't need an OG).

That leaves Fleener - TE from your list which I could see us grabbing if he's available.

Not sure why everyone is down on Mark Barron, but he'll most likely be BPA if he's available and Kenny Philips is a free agent next year (not to mention having the ability to lose Rolle as a cap casualty if we need to in the near future).

All-Pro

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Harlem2va"]I'm not a Draft Guru just a big-time fan who follows and love the game & NY Giants, I can tell you that Reese is not taking Barron in the first round!! Fleener could be in play, but it's going to be the best TE,LB, Offensive lineman on the board with the first round selection. If none of those position have a player Reese think worth a first round selection, then it's anybodies guess with Reese!![/quote]

Reese doesn't seem to like LBers in the first round (or at all) and the only Oline I see us getting in the first are either Mike Adams - OT (which everyone as soured on after a poor Combine) or reaching slightly for Zeitler - OG (and we really don't need an OG).

That leaves Fleener - TE from your list which I could see us grabbing if he's available.

Not sure why everyone is down on Mark Barron, but he'll most likely be BPA if he's available and Kenny Philips is a free agent next year (not to mention having the ability to lose Rolle as a cap casualty if we need to in the near future).[/quote]

I'm also convinced that still worthy or brockers is going to fall to us. Having a dt allows us to lose canty as a cap casualty. Having a WR insures us for the grand possibility of losing Cruz or nicks. Not to mention having someone to rely on when nicks is hurt.

Kenny can be extended for much cheaper than Cruz or nicks.

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Harlem2va"]I'm not a Draft Guru just a big-time fan who follows and love the game & NY Giants, I can tell you that Reese is not taking Barron in the first round!! Fleener could be in play, but it's going to be the best TE,LB, Offensive lineman on the board with the first round selection. If none of those position have a player Reese think worth a first round selection, then it's anybodies guess with Reese!![/quote]

Not sure why everyone is down on Mark Barron, but he'll most likely be BPA if he's available and Kenny Philips is a free agent next year (not to mention having the ability to lose Rolle as a cap casualty if we need to in the near future).[/quote]

I'm also convinced that still worthy or brockers is going to fall to us. Having a dt allows us to lose canty as a cap casualty. Having a WR insures us for the grand possibility of losing Cruz or nicks. Not to mention having someone to rely on when nicks is hurt.

Kenny can be extended for much cheaper than Cruz or nicks.[/quote]

I can get behind that logic. If none of those names fell to us, would you go with Kendal Reyes (DT) or would you be looking at Stephen Hill at that point (or another WR in the first)?