+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I Think That Alec Baldwin Should Give The Giants Their Next Pre-Game Speech

AFTER someone calls to tell him his luggage was lost and that he's banned from flying for life!
    Hell....he'd get the team so fired up, he'd make Ray Lewis sound like Don Knotts by comparison!
    Don't really know if Alec could stay on point though or make anyone forget LT anytime soon.
    "MEN.......DESTINY IS IN YOUR HANDS< I WANT YOU ALL TO GO OUT THERE LIKE A BUNCH OF CRAZED DOGS WHO JUST GOT RANCID PEANUTS FROM A PIG FLIGHT ATTENDANT AND HAVE SOME FUN!"

Re: I Think That Alec Baldwin Should Give The Giants Their Next Pre-Game Speech

[quote user="bigblue58"]AFTER someone calls to tell him his luggage was lost and that he's banned from flying for life! Hell....he'd get the team so fired up, he'd make Ray Lewis sound like Don Knotts by comparison! Don't really know if Alec could stay on point though "MEN.......DESTINY IS IN YOUR HANDS< I WANT YOU ALL TO GO OUT THERE LIKE A BUNCH OF CRAZED DOGS WHO JUST GOT RANCID PEANUTS FROM A PIG FLIGHT ATTENDANT AND HAVE SOME FUN!"[/quote]

Alec Baldwin is an IDIOT! Plain and simple! Part of the hollywood elite that think rules and laws doesn't apply to them!

Giants fan since '58

[quote user="bigjeep"]

[quote user="bigblue58"]AFTER someone calls to tell him his luggage was lost and that he's banned from flying for life! Hell....he'd get the team so fired up, he'd make Ray Lewis sound like Don Knotts by comparison! Don't really know if Alec could stay on point though "MEN.......DESTINY IS IN YOUR HANDS< I WANT YOU ALL TO GO OUT THERE LIKE A BUNCH OF CRAZED DOGS WHO JUST GOT RANCID PEANUTS FROM A PIG FLIGHT ATTENDANT AND HAVE SOME FUN!"[/quote]

Alec Baldwin is an IDIOT!* Plain and simple! Part of the hollywood elite that think rules and laws doesn't apply to them!

[/quote]

Oh man..I couldn't agree with you more! Truly the poster boy for celebrities who think they're better than everyone else- just because they're rich and famous.

Pretty sure this Baldwin speech would suffice this week: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-AXTx4PcKI&t=0m41s

[quote user="bigblue58"][quote user="bigjeep"]

Alec Baldwin is an IDIOT! Plain and simple! Part of the hollywood elite that think rules and laws doesn't apply to them!

[/quote] Oh man..I couldn't agree with you more! Truly the poster boy for celebrities who think they're better than everyone else- just because they're rich and famous.[/quote]

[Y]

Giants fan since '58

Veteran

Did you read his blog? They tried to make an example of his ***!

I like him.

Veteran

[quote user="bigblue58"][quote user="bigjeep"]

Alec Baldwin is an IDIOT!* Plain and simple! Part of the hollywood elite that think rules and laws doesn't apply to them!

[/quote]

Oh man..I couldn't agree with you more! Truly the poster boy for celebrities who think they're better than everyone else- just because they're rich and famous.[/quote]

Alec is all about the little guy.....unless that little guy works on an airplane.

[quote user="JMFP2"][quote user="bigblue58"][quote user="bigjeep"]

[/quote]

Oh man..I couldn't agree with you more! Truly the poster boy for celebrities who think they're better than everyone else- just because they're rich and famous.[/quote]

Alec is all about the little guy.....unless that little guy works on an airplane.[/quote]

Always interesting how so many people are willing to so quickly and adamantly judge a person's behavior in the context of a situation they know absolutely nothing about.

(I'm not singling you out, JMFP, I'm just using your post as a vehicle).

In this instance, not only would I be willing to give the benefit of the doubt when it comes to believing the word of a passenger --celebrity or non celebrity -- over that of a spokesperson for an airline (whose SOLE JOB depends upon saying and writing anything that makes the airline look good), but other reports since Tuesday indicate the airline was in the wrong.

Who has the most to gain by lying in this case? Or, put another way, who has the most to lose by telling the truth?

I'm just spit balling here, but could it POSSIBLY be the one who already has to scratch for ANY good piece of PR in order to compete for consumers because for years most American passenger airlines have been treating passengers like cargo and not as customers?

Or how about the fact that another known person, Oscar de Lahoya, was on the same flight as Baldwin and has gone on record saying it was the flight attendant who overreacted?

Or how about it has been reported that at least one other passenger was Tweeting --ie, using an electronic device at EXACTLY the same time Baldwin was being hassled for not turning his device off--what was happening while it was happening, and THAT passenger wasn't kicked off the plane?

Not to mention this incident occurred while during a 1 hour wait on the tarmac, not just prior to take off?

As a person who flew a lot during the 70s, 80s, and 90s, I experienced a constant straight-line drop in customer service during pre flight and in-flight situations from 1990 to the present.

The drop has very little to do with 9/11. That's just been the excuse used by airlines for piss poor service during the past 10 years.

Flying, even in coach, had already gone from a pleasant travel experience for me that I looked forward to during the 70s and 80s, to a constant battle with rude personnel on the ground and in the air in the 90s and 2000s, not to mention fewer cross-country non-stop flights, ever more delays in landing, more hidden fees, and less attractive personnel to deal with.

No doubt in my mind that what Baldwin did was not worthy of being kicked off the flight (the airline did that in order to prevent the attendant from provoking further passenger reaction negative to the airline), and had nothing to do with delaying take-off, as some here seem to assume.

I have no vested interest in defending Baldwin. I have no interest in him or his career. But to me this was just another case of how poorly the airline industry treats most passengers today.

I would've like to have seen Alec get crazy In his "the departed" mode.....