+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Report: Reese voices concerns over DT Austin

[link]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/18065039[/link]

Mar. 26, 2012 4:38 p.m. - by Alex Raskin

Giants GM Jerry Reese told SiriusXM that he's concerned with 2011 second-round pick DT Marvin Austin, who hasn't played meaningful football since 2009 because a suspension at North Carolina and a pectoral injury before his rookie year. “This offseason is going to be big for him to get going again and get acclimated to playing football,” Reese said, as quoted by Ralph Vacchiano of the Daily News via Twitter.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Re: Report: Reese voices concerns over DT Austin

http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/2527945.aspx

he has every right to be concerned. Many have said on this board "Austin in the middle with LJ will be great"....

IMO....lets get the guy out of the trainers room for a few practices first.

Time will tell

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

All-Pro

Of course he would be, but im sure he is also somewhat optimistic as well. He did draft I'm in then 2nd round and although it was unfortunate for him to miss last year especially because he missed the prior year due to suspension, he is still young.

Missing two years ofncompetetive football hurts, but one of hose years missed was not because of injury and they said he was impressing in pre season. Hope he can come back and play to his ability because he is loaded with talent and can make their already great pass rush even better.

[quote user="GameTime"]

he has every right to be concerned. Many have said on this board "Austin in the middle with LJ will be great"....

Time will tell

[/quote]

I'm hoping he's this year's sleeper surprise
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

[quote user="buddy33"]Of course he would be, but im sure he is also somewhat optimistic as well. He did draft I'm in then 2nd round and although it was unfortunate for him to miss last year especially because he missed the prior year due to suspension, he is still young.

Missing two years ofncompetetive football hurts, but one of hose years missed was not because of injury and they said he was impressing in pre season. Hope he can come back and play to his ability because he is loaded with talent and can make their already great pass rush even better.[/quote]He still hasnt played a meaningful game in 2years.

When he got drafted by us, I was THRILLED, dude was a beast in a pro-style 4-3 at UNC but then he got a pec injury and now he hasnt played in a game in what seems like AGES.

If he comes out and picks up where he left off thats great, but honestly Im expecting nothing at all. That being said we should look at a DT in the draft. I believe we only have 3 DTs signed with Canty, Linval, and Austin
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

All-Pro

Like I said, he is young. I think he is only 23. I don't expect him to come in and start, and they don't need him to anyway. Canty and Joseph played well last year. If he can get in some game shape during pre season he could add some depth for now and maybe by mid season he will be even more in game shape.

From what we heard last summer, after a year of not playing, he showed up to the combine in great shape and was impressing some in pre season.

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="GameTime"]

Time will tell

[/quote]

I'm hoping he's this year's sleeper surprise
    [/quote]

that would be nice.....

the Giants need a few "sleepers" this upcoming season.....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Veteran

Folks, lets just remember: There's 30 days until the draft. Take EVERYTHING Reese says with a whole shaker of salt. If he says the sun is shining and its a beautiful day, check outside for yourself.

Smoke screens and doublespeak abound.

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="buddy33"]Of course he would be, but im sure he is also somewhat optimistic as well. He did draft I'm in then 2nd round and although it was unfortunate for him to miss last year especially because he missed the prior year due to suspension, he is still young.

Missing two years ofncompetetive football hurts, but one of hose years missed was not because of injury and they said he was impressing in pre season. Hope he can come back and play to his ability because he is loaded with talent and can make their already great pass rush even better.[/quote]He still hasnt played a meaningful game in 2years.

When he got drafted by us, I was THRILLED, dude was a beast in a pro-style 4-3 at UNC but then he got a pec injury and now he hasnt played in a game in what seems like AGES.

If he comes out and picks up where he left off thats great, but honestly Im expecting nothing at all. That being said we should look at a DT in the draft. I believe we only have 3 DTs signed with Canty, Linval, and Austin
    [/quote]

BRING IN FAT ALBERT!
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]
    [quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="buddy33"]Of course he would be, but im sure he is also somewhat optimistic as well. He did draft I'm in then 2nd round and although it was unfortunate for him to miss last year especially because he missed the prior year due to suspension, he is still young.

[/quote]

BRING IN FAT ALBERT!

[/quote]Fixed it for ya
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'